1,812 results
All reviews parking garage beach place towers bedroom villa time share marriott vacation club across the street ocean view outdoor mall full kitchen fat tuesdays washer and dryer water taxi pool area high floor intercoastal waterway beach chairs per day
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 days. We loved it, we’re thinking about coming back for a week next year. We were close to everything, did not need a rental car. All the employees were very nice and welcoming. There was construction going on but that didn’t bother us a bit.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

We are happy to hear your family had a wonderful time during your pre-cruise stay! Thank you for sharing your #vacationgreatness and for making Marriott Vacation Club a part of your travels. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Just checked out today 9/7. Thought I’d give a construction update since some of the reviews I read worried me and made me hesitant about my pending stay. All upper floors are complete. Construction now only on 1 & 2 or 2 & 3 plus they were supposed to start the lobby as of Tue but I saw no mess there yet as of last night. I was on 11th floor and could only hear the very slightest of noise through the AC vent. Nothing that the TV couldn’t cover up. Nothing to fret about. There is 1 of the 4 elevators dedicated to the construction but wait time was nothing like people mentioned in earlier reviews. There are construction materials staged in closed sections of the parking garage and some noise could be heard from there but not bad at all. The remodeled rooms are nice and new and clean (except for rusty door hinges they failed to replace in bathroom). Bed linens were nice and seemed brand new vs. the towels which were scratchy and old. Overall I would say not to worry about the construction at this point. And don’t fret not getting an ocean view - I think the Intercoastal view is better and much more to look at!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Vacation781980

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your review and for letting us know about your visit on TripAdvisor. Our team looks forward to seeing you again soon at a Marriott Vacation Club Resort!

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Great spacious room, had a fully furnished kitchen, washer/dryer. across the street from the beach, but you could borrow towels and beach chairs from the pool area to take to the beach. During our stay, they were renovation some of the rooms (signs posted), the 2nd day of our stay (Friday) the noise was unbearable (due to jackhammers being used) and i asked the front desk if they could switch our room to a room above the noise, and i received a cold response "we don't do room switches after you check-in, and it says that the person that checked you in informed you of the noise", and the only reason i asked was because another guest on the same floor as me told me that they were getting a room switched due to the noise. So, I was forced to listen to jackhammers for the next few hours until my headache went away. but other than that. great hotel, we checked out the other floors and the reno's look great.

Also the Elevators are slow as molasses when you call them. so if you arent so high up, just take the stairs. youll get there faster. avg wait time was about 2 mins. 3 out of 4 elevators were working. 1 was reserved for the construction crew working in the building.longest wait time for elevator was 8 minutes.

Video Tour of the room can be found online

Room tip: ask to be moved to a room above construction (if construction is still going on when you go)
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmKay617
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your #vacationgreatness on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your review and do hope to welcome you back soon to a Marriott Vacation Club Resort.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We booked a 1 bedroom villa for a weekend getaway, expecting an ocean view room. Once we went to check in, we were told that there are no oceanfront rooms available. Given the time of year, I was very skeptical about this.

I think they had rooms, but because I didn't book direct with Marriott, I was not given that option. Same thing when I asked the front desk for a late checkout.Of course I can't be sure, but that's how I felt..

Anyway, Our room was great except for the whirlpool tub, which was temperamental. Sometimes it ran, sometimes it stopped, but we probably didn't understand the instructions "set the timer and rub the metal plate on top of the tub" There was no metal plate, except for the overflow drain cover, felt silly rubbing it to try and get the thing to run.
The room itself was spotless, plenty of towels, a full kitchen, and even a washer and dryer. I think we may have had a newly renovated room. While we were not oceanfront, the intracoastal view from the balcony was nice and relaxing.

Yes the elevators were slow, but we expected that and really were not too upset about this.

Overall we had an enjoyable time, along with a very nice room. Recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank JimmySoFla

Hi Jimmy, thank you for the positive review of our resort! We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon for more #vacationgreatness

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Check-in takes way to long. Or they will offer you lower class rooms if you want something quicker elevators take at least 5 minutes each. Guest services is very rude "Dannie". Out of platinum welcome amenities. I would recommend any of the other Marriott beach properties before this one. They real don't care what you want or need. The Hollywood beach property Very disappointing. This is disappointing as it is a beautiful property with great views.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Scott and Cammie, thank you for letting us know about your most recent visit. We are sorry to hear there were a few issues with your stay, but do appreciate you letting us know. Our team would be happy to follow up with you personally about your visit. You may contact our customer care team at 800 936 6824 or by email at customer.care@vacationclub.com.