1,759 results
All reviews parking garage beach place towers bedroom villa vacation club time share across the street ocean view full kitchen outdoor mall washer and dryer lobby level elevator situation fat tuesdays water taxi typical marriott pool area high floor
Reviewed November 25, 2005

Booked directly with hotel:

was promised a one bedroom delux meaning my wife & I in one room 2 children in the other also was promised for an extra $10 per day we would rec $ 30 per day at the hotel market .

Key word here DELUX they also have a delux room 1 bed with a couch arm length one room. (read your confirmation VERY carefully )

Frankly. management was very unaccomadating as they are booked solid and honestly don't try to be of any service. In a service business

Conclusion a nice property but if you expect that warm fuzzy feeling of service forget it this is one hotel that puts profit as THE # 1 priority and you are just # 2

Stayed: November 2005
9  Thank Jet24014
Reviewed October 19, 2005

Exchanged our Marriott week for this resort. Although not as good as some better than the Ocean Pointe !

Plus Points- Nice apartment, good quality furnishings and facilities. We were on the inland waterway side and found this to be very quiet. Good location plenty of bars and retaurants within walking distance and the beach just across the street. Very helpful and friendly staff. The concierge was brilliantly nothing was too much trouble and the welcome meeting hosted by MVCI rep very informative and no hard sell. In the 6 years I have visited MVCI resorts this was the first meeting that we attended with information on the local area.

Not so good things - Pool area. This is very small although a lot of beds for the area they are crammed in, the pool is very small and in August was difficult to swim in. Plus the pool and terrace become shaded early in the afternoon. The elevators take a long time particularly on arrival days when you can wait a very long time in the car park area to try and get in with your luggage. I think they need to put a priority system on the car park floor to avoid the congestion. The car park in general is a pain takes quite a while to get up to Marriott parking. Although bars in the Beach Place area a bar inside the resort would be good.

The leisure activities and facilities were not as good as other Marriott resorts but this is probably down to the location as others tend to be away from resort areas.

Car hire is not essential here as water bus is good and a bars / restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2005
9  Thank DayTrip28561
Reviewed September 27, 2005

Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Beachplace Towers and my girlfriend and I were extremely impressed with everything. We had a 1BR villa on the 6th floor with a breathtaking ocean view. Full Kitchen, huge living room, big bathroom with oversized standup shower and a separate area with a 2 person jacuzzi tub.
The bottom three floors of Beachplace are shops (Express, cigar store, etc..). There is also many bars and restaurants with great food and drink specials. Lu Lu's Bait Shack has live music most nights and pretty good cajun food...po boys...excellent blackened chicken nachos and more. There is also a Sloppy Joe's, Max's Grill and Hooters and you don't want to miss the dueling piano bar Howl at the Moon. Weds. night offers $5 all you can drink which is sure to get even the most timid belting out the lyrics to Piano Man and other favorites.
As far as the location goes- the beach is right across the street. Nice sand, clean water...expensive chairs- $7 day to rent. A1A is full of restaurants and bars. Elbo Room is a great outdoor dive bar on the corner of Las Olas..about three blocks from the hotel and a little closer is Blondies which is a long skinny sports bar with 8 or so pool tables, shuffle board a ton of tv's and happy hour from 11am-10pm.
About a 5-10 minute ride down West Las Olas Blvd you are taken to a completely different world where people have million dollar yachts parked behind their multi-million dollar homes. Canals run throughout the intercoastal giving everybody waterside homes. Las Olas Blvd makes for a nice walk and at the end you find the Riverfront which is a little like an outdoor mall. Plenty of restaurants and shops to choose from. We had a pleasant dinner outside at the Metro Cafe.
Facts: $17 or so before tip cab ride from airport
$12 or so roundtrip to publix grocery store
$12 a night parking
All in all I didn't see a better place to stay on the beach in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: September 2005
13  Thank Experience3270
Reviewed September 16, 2005

Overall the hotel is below Marriott standard --- dirty carpets, unkept and worn-out elevators, and negleted on overall detail. However, it is on the prime location and has a spectacular ocean view. So 5 stars for the location and view, and 3.5 stars for the room and service --- shouldn't charge their guest $12 for parking per day.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank rlourlou
Reviewed August 28, 2005

Okay, my husband and I and another couple stayed at the Marriott BeachPlace Towers Aug 24-27th 2005. Yes we stayed during Hurricane Katrina! First off, we had to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel. I should've known it was going to be a trip from hell when the taxi driver took us to the wrong hotel and made us pay for his mistake!! When we finally got there we were impressed with our room, the room was really nice....except for the neon green water. They say its normal though. After we settled in we got a bite to eat at Sloppy Joes (it was great) and went to the beach. When we got back we had messages saying we needed to evacuate. We went to the front desk and they said we needed to get the next flight out bc they were evacuating. We got a flight for the 25th at 6pm--the only one left--and of course it was cancelled. We sat in the hotel lobby all day Thursday bc they wouldn't let us check back in bc they were going to evacuate. After about 6pm we got to check back in thanks to Al. The staff besides him is extremely extremely rude...so is almost all of Ft. Lauderdale. They were completely stressing us out tell us we were going to have to leave in the middle of a hurricane. Now I'm from TN so we aren't use to this. After we finally got situated we decided to go to Sally OBreins, they were the only place open and they were having a hurricane party--everything 50% off, ladies buy first drink and drink for free all night. Well don't every go eat there. Talk about rude....we were kicked out bc the bartender which was a guy wouldn't give me change for a twenty and expected me to tip. I'm sorry I'm not tipping him twenty, that was my first free drink, we had only been there for 5 min and he was telling us to get the f... out of the bar then threw something at my girl friend and I which caused our husbands to try and kick his a.. He was so uptight bc "he was working in the damn hurricane and nobody was tipping.." and I wonder why. He's lucky he didn't get beat down. Needless to say, hurricane or not, it was a trip from hell and we will never ever go back to the rude people in Ft Lauderdale and never ever stay at the BeachPlace. Oh and when they made us evacuate Thurs. (thank God the plane was cancelled) they charged us for all three nights and when we called they said they hadn't charged anything...once again a lie, bc we talked to the credit card company. Anyways the rooms are nice but the hotel is full of rude confusing people. Don't stay unless you want to be stressed on your vacation.

• Stayed: August 2005