“We love to vacation here... best site on mainland-USA.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott's BeachPlace Towers

Marriott's BeachPlace Towers
Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“We love to vacation here... best site on mainland-USA.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff met our every request superbly. The location, views, clean beach, warm clean ocean, excellent nearby restaurants... all make for a perfect vacation. This is the best beach and beach-town in all of USA. And Marriott Beach Place is one of the best places to stay. The pool area is poor... on a barren rooftop... but who cares?... when the ocean is this clean and warm and convenient?

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SteveWalter96

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

First of all, the 1 bedroom villa was very nice. We had a view of the intercoastal waterway rather than the ocean, but it was still pretty and we could watch the boats. The room was clean and very well appointed as expected for a Marriott Vacation Villa. We are not Vacation Club members, just reserved via internet. The resort is above an open air mall with some restaurants and a CVS (that was quite convenient) and then across A1A to the beach. So it was a bit of a haul to get to the beach-not bad, but we had a 14 month old and lots of stuff. We knew this going in, so were not surprised, but after being there I will say it was a bit of a pain. The BIGGEST pain were the elevators. They were insanely slow and there were not enough of them for the volume of people. We often had to wait for the second or third elevator to fit-since they were slow and people filled them quickly. There is no service elevator (it appeared) so service people were always getting on and off two with large carts and equipment. As other reviews have noted, the pool is small. It was not unexpected, but the pool got quite crowded midday. They have a splash pad for the kids, but it was broken. It didn't work at all for 2 days, then only part of it worked. That was disappointing. Lastly was the parking. The Marriott parking was at the top 2-3 levels of the parking deck and it really took a long time to get in and out. I would recommend forgoing driving a lot (traffic on A1A is horrible anyway) and use the water taxi or sun trolley.

It was a vacation club property so we were invited (bribed) to go to a sales presentation. I explained that we had a 14 month old but they said that was fine. It went on forever and it didn't appear that she was concerned that our 14 month old was getting restless after an hour and a half. I asked her to cut to the chase, but she had to go through another spiel first. We received a $200 credit for attending the presentation, but not sure it was worth it with a toddler. The saleswoman (clearly not experienced with kids) kept asking if she could put on a movie for him in the other room...umm, he is 14 months old?! Probably not a good idea (nor is his attention span long enough for a movie). The saleswoman also said several times during the presentation that this was the worst of all the vacation club properties. Hmmm...

Overall, it was fine but I probably would not go back to that location.

Room Tip: Ocean view would be better, but careful that it is not a low floor or your view could be impeded or...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank deltafan
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I, party of 6, spent a week in a two bedroom two bath unit and it was awesome! We have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale on the beach many times and this was by far the best. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The great location allows you to leave the car behind as there are countless restaurants, bars and shops within easy walking distance. Not to mention the on site restaurant and bar options. The pool area isn't huge but it's definitely big enough and it's nice. My only complaint is that the pool side lounge closes a little early.

Room Tip: As always on Ft. Lauderdale beach, you can't beat an ocean view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Steve V
Little Silver, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff are wonderful here! Everyone goes out of their way to be cheerful and helpful. Thank you, Khalil, for finding me an oceanfront room on the 18th floor. The view was beautiful and I was very happy. The manager of the hotel sent an email when I booked telling me about parking for which I was very grateful. The gorgeous view, convenience of restaurants and shops nearby, beautiful walks on the beach and friendly staff more than make up for the parking garage and waits for the elevator. I would go back again. Marriott is the best.

Room Tip: There is a CVS in the mall below that was very convenient. Many restaurants to choose from. We lik...
1 Thank LOVEStheBEACH101
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

As a Lifetime Platinum Member, points owner, and weeks owner, please take note. A Marriott loyalist for 30+ years, this property (and some staff) do not meet the Marriott standard. The issues are many... parking, noise, service, inconvenience among them. My greatest issue was after asking what I thought was a simple favor. I had booked my 4 nt stay using both points and cash. Unfortunately, I had reversed the order (cash nts 1 & 2, pts nts 3 & 4) in my reservation. Upon check-in with Curtisa, I explained that I wanted my final receipt to be reflected in reverse order. She said "not a problem" it would be as I requested. I repeated my request to confirm. Upon receiving my receipt yesterday, my request had not been honored. I kindly asked Madeline G. Clark - Asst Front Office Mgr. (who could use a hospitality refresher course) to correct this, and was abruptly told that wasn't possible. With absolutely no regard for what I was told at check-in. She advised that I contact Owner Services. Upon doing that, I was told that could only be handled at the resort. Finally, I asked to speak with the GM. A very kind lady representing the GM listened carefully, then huddled in the back office before letting me know that this "would be against the law." Oh please... surely they could do better than that.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott Harbor Beach
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Tom S
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, Tom. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand and apologize for your experience at the front desk. Our Customer Care team would like to speak with you further about your stay. Please email us at customer.care@vacationclub.com with your preferred method of contact and include your TripAdvisor Username. As an alternative, you may reach us directly by calling 800-860-9384. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Orange Park, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

First off no towels at the pool either day we stayed had to wait for towels to be cleaned ,our toilet in our room never flushed properly and over flowed both nights , the parking was in a garage shared with a mall and,keep in mind that the charge to park is 14.00 a day however our last night we could find no parking in the hotel parking lot so we parked in the regular parking upon leaving we were charged 25.00 more,I called the hotel and the lady was extremely rude and said that it was basically our problem that we could not find any parking and said we do not get refunded I asked to speak to a manager and she hung up on me ,very poor service be aware this hotel in unprofessional!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kim2717
littleton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This Marriott is just across the A1A from the beach and is a prime location! It is housed in the same building as a small mall (with plenty of souvenir shopping!) and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We had a two bedroom villa and the rooms were spacious and well appointed. There was a full kitchen with all the amenities necessary to cook a complete meal, making this a perfect room for a family vacation! The staff was friendly and helpful and we especially enjoyed the service of the gentleman at the Starbucks counter in the lobby!