Just got back a few hours ago. We traded off our Hyatt in Key West. Stayed here 2 years ago - same problem with the elevators - they're SLOW & sometimes 2 of the 4 were out of order - nothing changed in 2 years.
Room (efficiency on the 12th floor) was recently redone & we were the first to use it. Bed was too firm but otherwise the room was very good and suited our needs - nothing fancy but was immaculate.
Check in/out both went very smoothly. Parking @$14/day is ridiculous & due to construction some of the entrances from the garage to the building were closed. Never paid at any other resort.
Front desk staff (3 people) didn't know that the road in front of the Marriott changes names a few blocks north (we were looking for a specific restaurant).
Would like the stores & restaurants on the first 3 floors to look a little more upscale to suit the Marriott image. They look very cheap & sleazy although we ate at Lulu's and the food was good.
This is the closest time share we can get to the clothing optional beach at Haulover in North Miami. Like having the beach across the street for the days we didn't go to Haulover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the seaside from your balcony at the Marriott's BeachPlace Tower. Just a few footprints from the beach, you can smell the ocean while you open your door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Vacatia, Agoda, HotelsClick, Priceline, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Marriott's BeachPlace Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Beachplace Towers Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Beachplace Hotel
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott