Marriott BeachPlace Towers is basically a condo high rise that Marriott must have purchased somewhere along the way. It's a timeshare tower.
It's an average condo - right across from the beach - near Las Olas - and restaurants (avoid H2O) so the location is great. It has a whole bunch of restaurants and tourist shops sort of attached to the building - there's a CVS right there which is very helpful
The units are nice, stainless steel appliances, granite counters, big jacuzzi tub, flat screen, nice furniture etc. Our room was musty smelling mixed with cleanser smell - but that happens.
Biggest complaints - the pool is very small especially for the number of units and people. When this place is packed the pool must be overflowing - plus there's not enough lounge chairs at the pool - even off-season.
The prices at the pool side bar are high - $12.50 for a frozen margarita type drink is high to me for this type of place. Although during happy hour - SOME of the drinks are $7.00. If this was a full Marriott I could understand the prices - but it's high for this place.
Also, there was a total unit announcement that the fire alarm was a false alarm and do not evacuate the building - there's speakers in each unit - so this announcement blares in for about 30 seconds and THEN the alarm went off in the unit - every unit - for at least a minute - at 8:30PM - yes 8:30PM - if someone had a sleeping baby - forget it - this thing was loud beeping full alarm - right in the unit - for at least a minute. That was weird.
This is a very good place for families - lots of kids - so if you're looking for that - it'll work.
If you came for the beach - you'll get it- but everyone offers that.
Although Lauderdale gets a little drunk and rowdy in the evenings - so be forewarned about that.
So why does this rank (to me) average but not very good? If you come expecting a "Marriott" experience you won't get it. This not a dump by any means - it's a nicely appointed average place.
I guess the Marriott name suggested upscale - but it's nice. And it seems to be well managed, the fitness center is good, washer dryer in units is good, free wifi is a place, staff is friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the seaside from your balcony at the Marriott's BeachPlace Tower. Just a few footprints from the beach, you can smell the ocean while you open your door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott's BeachPlace Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Beachplace Towers Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Beachplace Hotel
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott