“Nice to be close to the beach”

Marriott's BeachPlace Towers
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Nice to be close to the beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Of all the Marriott Vacation clubs I have been to...this one has the most challenges. I will say the location to the beach is very good. You can walk up and down the strip and find many restaurants. I do not feel you need a car. It was a 15 minute $20-25 car ride. I guess it depends on how easily you can get groceries though. I stayed for a quick trip this time around.

The fact that there are only 4 elevators and 19 floors is a bit trying. You have to plan a longer amount of time than normal to just get in and out of the building.

The pool is definitely a negative. It is small with an extremely tight patio area. The property is landlocked which makes you feel a little claustrophobic. The resort sits on top of a parking garage and is surrounded by a lower end outdoor mall.

I will say it is right next door to the Ritz Carlton which makes it nice if you would like to have a spa day (which I did) and/or lunch.

I didn't find the units as outdated as the other reviewers. I did have an absolutely beautiful view of the intracoastal side of the building. I was on the 16th floor with an extended balcony and it was wonderful. I found the staff very polite and quite helpful.

I would go back because of the proximity to the beach and the ease of getting there from the airport.

Room Tip: I would request the upper floors either side...ocean view or intracoastal view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank jennlarra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brixham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We checked out Trip Advisor before going and the reviews were mainly good, but there were enough average to bad ones to make us worry a bit about this place. We needn't have worried. We rarely had to wait more then a minute or two for lifts. Our stay was April 2013. However there was a notice to say that renovations were starting in May 2013 and lifts would be used by tradesmen. We stayed in a two-bedroom villa with an inter-coastal view on the 19th floor. The accommodation and view was amazing. It's quite different from most other Marriott vacation locations in that it is busy down below. Beach Place Towers is located on top of a complex of bars and shops. We drove there and it was a bit confusing on arrival as to where to go. My advice is to drive straight into the underground parking, take a ticket and drive up to levels 4 or 5. Then go to reception. The pool bar was a bit disappointing...a bit lightweight. Cans of beer. Pool was fine, but was in the shade of the high rise building late afternoon. Staff were all pretty good...except a 'loss prevention officer' who was pretty reluctant to help us find something we lost. After being very negative and he moved his body the 6 feet he needed to and found what we lost and called us back (down the 19 floors) to retrieve our item. The rest of the staff were excellent, in particular the reception staff and kids club staff. Beach was amazing. Fort Lauderdale is beautiful. Great place to go. I imagine lower rooms could be a bit noisy from the bars or streets below. Request a high room if possible.

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors to avoid possible noise from streets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KR19brx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

A friend shared a two bedroom time share suite and we had a great time. Room was a bit above average but parking and elevators were a real pain in the butt. Location is good close to almost anything you need to enjoy a stay in Fort Lauderdale!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My Villa was located ocean front. The view was amazing! 3 of Beachplace associates made my stay perfect: Jill-responsible for assuring me of the most perfect view anytime of the day; Ashley-prechecked me in and explained the procedure with clarity ; and Judy-her knowledge & suggestions of the market place selection steered me in the right direction daily.

The 3 ladies I mentioned above made my goal for a stress free & memorable vacation just what the doctor ordered

Thanks ladies I will see u next yr

• Stayed April 2013
Newtown, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We are Marriott Vacation Club owners and have stayed at maybe 10 resorts since becoming owners. The things I read about did not bother me - the parking was fine, we paid through the resort and always got a spot. The elevators were not an issue (we were here during height of Spring Break) maybe once so that did not bother us. The property (room) was not as updated and nice as any of the resorts we have stayed in. The bathroom was old, shower wasn't great...just the place needed to be updated. The location was good because there were things to walk to but we pretty much drove to more upscale restaurants as that is what we like to do. Also, the pool is VERY small for the size of the hotel. We were never able to get a spot and the sun moves so quickly and the way it's laid out, once it's gone you have little options of where to go. That was an issue for us. Marriott has nothing to do with the beach and rentals so you have to do that on your own. I wouldn't rush back...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dreinhardt
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The main problem is the elevator; take so long. The parking deck is dangerous and takes forever to get up and down to street level.

We loved Uncle Bob and the rest of the staff who were super friendly and very accommodating. Unfortunately, not enough help for drinks and food during one of the busiest times of Spring Break.

They are planning on doing some renovations in May but mainly the architect should have designed exclusive elevators to the property.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor and wait for ocean view. It is worth it! We were on the 9th floor overlooking th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WolfPackMom25
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was very worried about coming to this resort after reading various negative reviews. I am not sure what people expect but this was a great hotel. It's a different type of Marriott property. Yes, the parking is strange as you have to drive up four levels to park but not once during the week was I not able to get a spot. It really wasn't a big deal. We requested high floor ocean view but when I went to check in they had me on the third floor. After reading various reviews that it's loud on the lower floors especially on the ocean side, I asked for a higher floor but all they had was the 8th flr on the intercoastal. It was an amazing view and quiet. The room was up to date and we had a 2 bedroom. Amazing accommodations. I was able to swap towels every day which compared to other timeshare's I thought this was a plus. Great views and afternoon sun. We chose to go down in late March not realizing it was spring break. It was very crowded on the streets but it wasn't too bad. The resort pool is a bit small but and getting a seat was a challenge but since they offer free beach chairs to the guests, we used those chairs at the pool in the morning and then went to the beach in the PM. The kids area was really nice and they had fresh baked cookies for the kids in the PM and ices. The staff was very friendly and I liked being upstairs from the outside mall. It was also nice having CVS attached to the hotel. Very Convenient. I would definitely go back to this resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family