Of all the Marriott Vacation clubs I have been to...this one has the most challenges. I will say the location to the beach is very good. You can walk up and down the strip and find many restaurants. I do not feel you need a car. It was a 15 minute $20-25 car ride. I guess it depends on how easily you can get groceries though. I stayed for a quick trip this time around.
The fact that there are only 4 elevators and 19 floors is a bit trying. You have to plan a longer amount of time than normal to just get in and out of the building.
The pool is definitely a negative. It is small with an extremely tight patio area. The property is landlocked which makes you feel a little claustrophobic. The resort sits on top of a parking garage and is surrounded by a lower end outdoor mall.
I will say it is right next door to the Ritz Carlton which makes it nice if you would like to have a spa day (which I did) and/or lunch.
I didn't find the units as outdated as the other reviewers. I did have an absolutely beautiful view of the intracoastal side of the building. I was on the 16th floor with an extended balcony and it was wonderful. I found the staff very polite and quite helpful.
I would go back because of the proximity to the beach and the ease of getting there from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the seaside from your balcony at the Marriott's BeachPlace Tower. Just a few footprints from the beach, you can smell the ocean while you open your door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's BeachPlace Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Beachplace Towers Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Beachplace Hotel
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott