“Excellent Vacation. Do not get missguided!!”

Marriott's BeachPlace Towers
Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 4, 2012

How can I start this review? I would say that I don’t understand why people are giving negative reviews to this place. The location is amazing, right there across the beach and a few steps from all the action on Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd. The villas are spacious, super clean and with everything you need. The service was great and the staff very helpful.
You can check out and stay all day and enjoy the property amenities and the beach since they give you an access key for that. True the parking is $ 14 dollars but you need to understand you are in a prime area in the beach so I happily paid for it, the best $ 14 dollars a day I have ever paid.
The property has a huge gym with sauna and steam room. For those with studios with no washer and dryer, they have a laundry room with modern equipment. They also have a Starbucks inside the property and market place in case you need anything. Downstairs, you have a 24hr CVS and plenty of restaurants, icecream places, ect. The views are spectaculars. Believe me, you can’t go wrong with this Marriott.
The server at the Bar/Restaurant by the Pool is very cool and funny and will go the extra mile to serve you. Too bad I forgot his name. He should be valued by his Manager. The pool staff is very attentive too, they will provide you with beach noodles, goggles, free beach chairs and umbrellas and anything you need. This is the place to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Marriott for another great vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Barbara1973Miami
Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Beach Place Towers are across the street from the beach and sometimes the traffic can be very intense. Our room was lovely, but getting up and down from it was an absolute pain. There are only 4 elevators and 2 were not working when we were there. The wait was more than just irritating, you had to actually plan quite a bit of extra time to accommodate for it. We have found much nicer hotels in the area for about the same or a little more. It was not horrible, but we would certainly never return here.

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was huge, with a jacuzzi in the master bedroom. Plenty of space.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was in town for business for 3 weeks and stayed at the beach place towers. This is normally a marriott vacation club property but they also rent out some of their rooms when occupancy permits. The other reviews for the hotel are correct, the elevators are painfully slow but overall the hotel is great and the location is perfect

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We just finished a week here and had a great time. All the negatives about the elevators were't so. We were on the 17th floor (of 19) and hardly waited for an elevator. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. You don't have to have a car because you can walk to some good restaurants. We had a car and were able to find some great places away from the property. The car also allowed us to grocery shop for our breakfasts and lunches which we ate on our patio and at poolside. For those who like the beach, not us, the beach is right across the street.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Walter2324
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Not only is this place difficult to find because there is no main entance, its an over all bad hotel. The service sucks, there employees are some of the rudest I have yet to come across. It felt like the minute they saw that my friends and I were young adults they wanted us out. this place is for older people, even though its right in the middle of the ft. lauderdale party scene. I've stayed at marriot's before and this was the worst. the rooms weren't great either especially for the amount I payed. And they charged my card an extra $20 after I purchased the room online they said it was for "taxes". This will be my frist and last time going there.;/

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ren2013
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers. This is not typical of the guest experience at our resort so we would appreciate an opportunity to hear about your concerns and appropriately address them. Please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Be careful when you book at this resort. When you go to check in, better have budgeted $14.00 per day which gets paid IN advance. They trick you into allowing them to "place a hold on your credit card" in the minimum amount of $250.00 but actually charge your card a minimum of $292.00 but up to $350.00. So, if you are planning on using your card for your vacation, Marriott screws you. There is no hold at all! I was told by Trey at the front desk that they do not charge when in fact they charge your card the same day.

Also, please by all means don't ask for a standard receipt when they run your card through their machine. They will lie and tell you they cannot print one. I spoke to a snotty, short, dark haired girl/woman on the night shift who was rude and arrogant. I reprimanded her and put her in her short little place by letting her know that I was certainly smarter than her and could read. In fact, I let her know that what she told me and what I read did not match, thius making her a liar!

I will never go to any Marriott again. They steal your money and lie to your face. It is a good thig that I had other cards and no budget but if a budget did exist, I would have had $350 less to spend on my vacation. I feel sorry for all of the families on tight budgets trying tio take their family on a nice vacation. They will get screwed at the Marriott and find that they might only be eating at a fast food joint.

Marriott Beach Place Towers is a money grubbing resort and no wonder they rank only 60 of 135 hotels in Fort Lauderdale. Do not expect that to change in the future!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rick S

We are sorry that the credit hold policy was not properly explained to you upon check-in. It is a standard practice for every hotel to authorize your credit card for an amount equal to estimated charges. While this is not a charge, it does reduce the amount of available credit on your card until the hold expires.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Just returned from a one week stay at the Marriott's Beach Place Towers. I was a bit concerned from some of the prior posted reviews. However, I found the property and our 2 bedroom suite to be clean and in proper functioning order. Everyone on staff was friendly and courteous. If we needed help with directions etc, anyone we asked was more than helpful and willing to assist.
The pluses: Location is sensational...right on the beach...in the heart of the action of beach life. Restaurants in every direction, sun trolley, buses and/or water taxi available on both sides of the property and of course a gorgeous beach right across the street. Las Olas Boulevard is an easy walk a few blocks away. CVS and a mall with a few shops and restaurants below the hotel. Although we weren't walking around after 10pm, we found the mall and parking lot to be just fine. Internet access in our suite worked well and was free. We chose an intercoastal view and were on the 8th floor. View was great.
The average: Yes, on occasion, especially over Saturday and Sunday, there was a short wait for the elevators. We knew this ahead of time and planned accordingly. The longest we waited was under 10 minutes. Yes, the pool is on the small side...but there is a gorgeous BEACH across the street!!! There are still 2 jacuzzi's and a nice size pool deck. Lastly, the decor of the units are fine and in good shape...just not comparable to the luxury of other Marriott timeshare properties but certainly acceptable. Food at the pool bar was average. Drinks were great!!
We chose not to rent a car due to the $14 a day parking fee and didn't feel the need to have one. We did ride the buses a few times and were able to navigate where we needed with online bus assistance.
We would definitely choose to stay here again. We had a fun and relaxing time and loved being on the beach and the waterways via water taxi's.

Room Tip: Rooms on the intercoastal side are very quiet! We chose 8th floor due to slow elevators (read about...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family