Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$135
$77
Official Site
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$154
$115
Courtyard
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$217
Conrad.com
$106
$89
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$118
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$157
$139
  • Pool
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$178
$159
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

1,737 results
All reviewsparking garagebeach place towersbedroom villavacation clubtime shareacross the streetocean viewfull kitchenoutdoor mallwasher and dryerlobby levelelevator situationfat tuesdayswater taxitypical marriottpool areahigh floor
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa last week. I will say that I am a very loyal Marriott Vacation Club person, an owner of one of their properties, and also very loyal in general to Marriott for business travel.

I will first indicate what the Marriott BeachPlace (MBPT) did well:

-the villas are very nice and clean and the cleaning staff is outstanding
-the location of the villas is outstanding
-the employees are genuinely concerned with making our stay as good as possible, and this is consistent with my Marriott experience across the country. The cleaning staff were top notch.
-I will tell anyone that the hotel is located in an ideal location of the beach. As a family with young children we were pleased we were not mixed in with the "spring break" college crowd. There is a family orientation to the hotel and to the area of the beach we were near

Here are the issues I had:
-Internet: I am an executive with a fortune 50 company and absolutely need adequate access to the internet from my hotel. I could not access the internet adequately from 3 iphones, an ipad, a Macbook pro and macbook air that i have traveled with many times before. I spent many hours with Marriott who at first just transferred me to their internet provider ATT to work through my issues. ATT just told me repeatedly that the signal was fine. Then two Marriott employees contacted me (I will say they were very customer-friendly and legitimately concerned with my issue) and told me the router//modem was in the next room and was working perfectly. I kept showing them that speedtest.net was showing i was only getting 0.2-0.5 MBPS whereas the folks in the lobby said i should get 5.0 MBPS. I was told my room was apparently an exception to all of the other rooms. I have had internet problems with other Marriott Vacation Club locations, I think they need to upgrade to today's standards. I can't be the only one with this issue as my hardware works perfectly elsewhere.

The other issue is parking/elevators. i know that Marriott did not build the building but it takes forever to work your way up the ramp to p4 or p5 which is where you have to access the hotel lobby. In addition, they have only 3 elevators of 4 working for 2012 as they are working on the 4th (why it takes a whole year is beyond me). Given there are 19 floors and x amount of villas per floor, they should have installed 8 elevators. But, again, may not be their fault.

Again, the villas were great and clean and the customer service at the front desk was excellent. They occupy a great spot on Ft. Lauderdale beach.

My main concern is that they really need to upgrade their internet access to today's standards. They are way behind.

6  Thank eokauai
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My family and I just arrived back home from staying at this godawful property for a week. My in laws are owners and we stayed with them. My wife and I decided to come early and just rent a couple of nights here. We figured it would be great like the other vacation club properties we have been too. We have been to the Marriots in Maui, Aruba, Palm Springs, St Thomas, etc and all were beautiful. But this building is dreadful. The rooms are outdated, the elevator situation is awful, the pool is small and way overcrowded. The pool bar has absolutely the slowest service on earth. You really do wait 15-20mins just to place an order. The fricken ketschup bottles were always empty and the housecleaning service did not show when we requested. (they did not make us pay which was good). The building is built on a ghetto shopping mall....getting down to the beach from the 10th floor can be a 30 minute experience during peak hours of the day. The wi-fi internet service is horrible and kicks you off repeatedly.

Just getting up to the building above the parking ramp is a chore. Please do yourself a favor and never stay here if you are an owner or guest. My family and I tried to get a flight home early from vacation because of this place.......that should never happen. This place is a joke and the fact that Marriot gave my in laws this place as our only option this year says a lot. Because of the other experiences we had my wife and I were considering a timeshare purchase. Needless to say that will not happen.

This was the worst vacation we have ever had. Do not stay at this property....the number of owners we talked with during the week were also complaining and very upset.

Room Tip: the rooms were decent. oceanview is a must.....otherwise you look into other buildings, parking lots.
3  Thank Chris R
MVCI_Executive, Manager at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers. We apologize the (level of service) did not meet your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us. In order for us to appropriately address your concerns, please contact our Customer Care office at Marriott Vacations Worldwide via email at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Recently spent a wonderful week at this resort, where everything is close buy including good dining and sports activities.

Room Tip: Request of view of the Harbour or the Beach, views are spectacular.
2  Thank Tnt-people
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I visited the Marriott Beach Place Towers for 5 nights in March 2012.
Rooms were very nice and up to the Marriott standard. Hotel is a little inconvenient to navigate because it is over top of shopping and restaurants. Parking is tough because you must drive
up 4 or 5 levels to park. Elevators are very slow because they are being renovated and only 3 out of 4 are in use until Jan. 2013. Staff are all very nice and helpful. We made a mistake and went during
Spring Break so the hotel was crowded with high school and college kids. The beach is great!!
You can walk to restaurants and shops. It was a nice vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are really nice. The city side has lots to see day and night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank LoveSunshine2
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Unless you are a colllege student beware of Beach Place during the month of March. We just returned and only 3 elevators are working as one is down for renovation. The hotel was over-run with college students. It took us over 1 hour to get to our room with luggage do to the elevators being jam packed with students going down to the beach for happy time.....
We found our room to be in order and clean. The Marriott linens are wonderful as well as the comfort of the bed. We had more than enough towels and the front desk was superb. Always calling us for followup for anything we needed. They also apologized for all the problems with the elevators. Most of the students were very polite but we were looking for a week of quiet and relaxation. I believe any other time would be fine as we have vacationed in May and it was perfect. The pool has a bar and sandwich grill which is open daily. This area is about 5 floors up, overlooking the ocean . Work is ongoing for a splash area for kids and it will be very nice when finished. (this did not affect use of the pool in any way) The kitchen was fully equipped and we hit a WalMart super center for groceries that was about 7 miles away. Many bars and cafes are walking distance with a CVS in the Beach-Place Mall) We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front is nice but you can hear people from the restaurants below. We were on the 12th floor. We kept our doors open and it was nice to hear the surf all night. If people noise bother you then go with the intercoastal waterway view (back of building) . Beautiful homes and yachts to view, and quiet....
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends