This is the second time we have stayed at Beachplace Towers and I guess it says something that we came back. Firstly the positives:
The location is fantastic. Right above the beach and a lovely part of the beach at that. Above a little mall with a lot of restaurants and bars and with plenty more out on the street so you can easily eat out. There is a drugstore in the mall and a Publix and a Winn Dixie within about 5-10 minutes drive.
The apartment was lovely. Very spacious, very large kitchen and utility room. Plenty of living space indoors and out. You could honestly live in an apartment this size let alone holiday in it. We had a 2 bedroom and there was 4 of us. The master had a king size bed, the 2nd bedroom and a queen size and a sofa bed and there was another sofa bed in the lounge. I cannot fault the accommodation. We loved it.
Staff: Very friendly and helpful. The timeshare presentation was rather tiresome. It took 3 hours not 90 minutes and the lady got a bit irritable when we didnt want to buy any more time from them. Not great.
The car park is the biggy. First it is $14.95 per night which is expensive over the week. But mostly its the fact that it takes so long to get in and out of it. You have to go up to the 4th or 5th floor for Marriott and its quite a winding route up 2 way ramps. It can easily take 8-10 minutes to get out of the garage and is much worse if people are leaving the beach or mall from the lower public floors.
The lifts: There just aren't enough and they can get terribly congested with people coming back from the beach or checking in/checking out. The lines were often very long.
The pool: it just isn't big enough for a resort of this size and there isn't much they can do about it as there is no more space. Maybe the roof????? It gets crowded. Also when we first arrived the gully was absolutely blocked with debris which was spilling into the pool - looked very nasty indeed. I pointed it out to an employee and to give credit, he got it cleaned right away.
We are Marriott owners (Grande Vista in Orlando) and we have stayed at a lot of Marriott Vacation Clubs. This is definitely the worst but having said that it is still a very nice resort. You just have to be aware of the three drawbacks I have mentioned which are all caused by the tiny footprint the property has.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the seaside from your balcony at the Marriott's BeachPlace Tower. Just a few footprints from the beach, you can smell the ocean while you open your door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Marriott's BeachPlace Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Beachplace Towers Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Beachplace Hotel
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott