We stayed 1 night post cruise and found the hotel to be good value for the money. The free breakfast and wifi were a great feature. The location is fine for one night, although there isn't much around within walking distance. We arrived early and the room were not ready so they kept our luggage for us as expected.
We had one minor complaint about machine noise, but that was address right away and wasn't a problem.
Our 2nd floor room looked directly into a wall about 2 feet away so it was VERY dark, if we were staying any longer I would have requested a new room.
The free shuttle to the airport was a GREAT bonus for us. The drive was only about 10 minutes and the driver was very friendly. All of the staff and managers clearly like what the are doing because of the attention they show to the guests. The staff were excellent and very friendly.
If we had to stay one night again, I would definitely choose the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale hotel, an unsurpassed option among hotels near the Broward County Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport. We are located in the heart of it all and offer a 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle. We are located one block from the north entrance of Port Everglades. Dozens of great restaurants are within walking distance. Our premiere location is also just 2 blks. From the Broward County Convention Center and adjacent to two large shopping centers. For only $1.75 Per person, any guest may catch the bus to Fort Lauderdale Beach or to the Galleria Mall right from the front of our hotel! Enjoy a tour of the Venice of America on the Water Taxi. We are a 3 minute walk to the nearest stop. We are the closest Holiday Inn to the Las Olas Riverfront & Shops at Las Olas. Our beautifully appointed guest rooms are designed with your comfort in mind. Each room is equipped with the comforts of home-- in-room coffeemaker, hairdryer, refrigerator, microwave, iron/ironing board, 32'' remote controlled cable TV (70 channels with HBO), and complimentary WiFi. Enjoy a unique hot buffet breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning in our lobby from 6:30am-9:30am weekday and 6:30am-10:00am weekends. We feature a great selection of fruit, juices, cereals, bagels, muffins, omelets or scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, yogurt, fluffy biscuits and hot pancakes. Relax in comfort in our 100% non-smoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center-Cruise Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn