“A perfect start to a family cruise”

Travelodge Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #110 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 23, 2014

we had rooms 200 and 300 which were super clean, roomy and had easy access to the pools and outdoor sitting area.
The reception was the best ever. Needing a cane to get around, I advised the check in person that I will take two trips to get my two pieces of luggage. He had a better idea and closed the office and run both pieces up to my room. I travel professionally but I am not used to this in a motel. Also the rest of the family was delayed arriving from New York (I flew in from San Francisco) due to the early January snow storm and the manager readily waived the room charge for the other room for the night.
If we take another cruise, we will stay at the Travelodge again. We had such a good time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. They accommodated our early arrival. The room was fine and clean. The bed were comfortable. We enjoyed the continental breakfast. The breakfast is served outside and we enjoyed this. This hotel is well located, just across the street from the beach. There is 2 hotels across the street, we walked through and really enjoyed the restaurant there, call the Bamboo. The food was good and you can rent beach chair and umbrella. There is also a grocery store where we bought eggs and fruit to supplement our breakfast. There is also a McDonald restaurant just across. The parking is free of charge. During our stay they replaced the door locks and replaced the furniture's. They are really trying to make the place better. The place has potential if they could clean the pool better and make the pool area more inviting.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed here one night just before our Caribbean cruise sailing and then one night after we got back. I would rate it adverage and just fine as far as Travelodge goes. The desk staff is nice (especially the night auditor guy) and the rooms are what we expected. Unfortunately I was under the impression that the beach is right across the street but as with MANY of the hotels not on the beach, it's nearly impossible to find a place to get past all the hotels and condos in order to get your toes in the sand. Another thing that might bother you is that the air conditioner/heater is a little loud for those that sleep lightly. One plus is that McDonald's (oou la la!) is straight across the street. Beds were okay as far as being comfortable. Average bathroom, satellite tv, oh but there is a problem (at least with the room I was in #106) with the door to the room having about an 1/8 of an inch gap at the bottom. Not only does it let too much road traffic noise in but I'm surprised that one of the cute little lizards that inhabit the vegetation don't join in on the pizza and other goodies in the room!

Room Tip: Like with most hotels, just ask for the key before paying in order to check out the room. If any hot...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed January 26, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The worst place I ever stayed at. Check in office dirty and dingy and person at desk not very friendly. Coke and ice machine in a very dark corner outside and very scary at nightime. Bugs in bathroom and TV didn't work. Asked the front desk to see what they could do about it 3 times and after they became very rude about it. Highly overpriced for the condition it's in.....shabby rooms, not very clean, rude and not very helpful employees and elevator in horrible condition and scarey. Only there for one night thank goodness otherwise I would rather sleep on the street Besides everything else, when I booked (on the internet) I asked if it was close to the airport and Pt Everglades and they told me "we're minutes away"......it's 1/2 hour from the airport and it's past Pt Everglades..

Room Tip: Stay away from this motel!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dissappointed2014
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We made the mistake of booking this hotel as we thought it was reasonably priced and near the centre of Fort Lauderdale. Unfortunately when we got there it was neither reasonably priced nor near anything worth seeing. Fortunately we stayed only one night and we were not charged for the cancellation.
For the price the hotel was vastly overpriced as the facilities were faded and jaded whilst the breakfast area was very basic and outside. The noise from the elevator was unbelievably loud whilst we did spot and kill several rather large black insects!!!!!!
Do yourself a favour and pay a bit more to go somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

stayed here Jan 9th 2014, very run down hotel, sheets were worn and threadbare, stains on the bed covers, room smelled really bad, in the morning when I was leaving I noticed the room below us was burned out so this could be the reason for the bad smell.
I left my phone behind when I called them the front desk person was very rude and said he would have to check with housekeeping. He never got back to me, we called again and got the same response.
Not impressed at all