“stop over on vacation”

Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mosquitos in the room! Had about 4 bites on my wrists and shoulders by the time I checked out. Parking is limited and really sketchy. Building looks like a crack house from the outside. The room would have been aired out more. Fridge was not cold and not temperature settings in it. Hotel owner/manager very very rude and blames you for staying even though the place is unpleasant and you would not get your money back.

Room Tip: Go to the Days Inn about 4-5 mi down at the Cabana
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is definetly worth the $. You basically have your own apartment with full kitchen 2 queen beds and bathroom with a pool 5 ft from your front door and the ocean behind it if your not scsred to burn a couple calories. We will see how the week goes but as of now pleased.

1  Thank Bhuskins15
Reviewed May 30, 2013

THE HOTEL IS NOT THE ONE IN THE PICTURE ONLINE!!! IT IS MUCH OLDER AND RUN DOWN, PROBABLY BUILT IN THE 50'S
Don"t expect anything for $50 per night and you won't be diappointed. We stayed for a week. I don't know where to start to complain. Two days at 4:00 in the afternoon we had to ask to get our room serviced. One day they just gave us clean towells. One day when they did service the room they didn't put pillow cases on the pillows, and when we called, the front desk acctually ask "Do you want me to bring them to you?" and then someone just hanbded them to my wife. One of the really embarrasing things is the way that the woman manager talks to the african american staff. I was embarrassed to be a white person, I found myself wanting to apologize for her.
There are only about 15 parking spaces in the front. They cone off three of them for employee parking, another one is for handdicapped, and when I parked in the spot by the office, someone called at 11:00 pm (I was asleep) and told me that I had to move because that space was for guest check in. It is not marked, the told me that I had to get up and move the car anyway. And if you park in the back you just have this feeling that it is a set up to get your car broken into. I parked in the shopping center accross the street 3 days.
We stayed because we had already paid on line (Travelocity) and it would have been to much of a hastle to get our money back or move, to somewhere else.

It is at least 1 mile to the closest entrance that you can use to get to the beach, The entrances around the hotel are for the apartments acrossed the street, and are private.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is for weird people. I stayed there for two days and its was because it was, all I could afford at the time. They have no luggage carrier or long distance phone calls, even with a deposit down. Its a depressing place to be, I noticed everyone depressed. The bartenders talked about everyone , making fun of some customers, right in front of the customers, very unprofessional. Its family owned and they don't care about there business, or put money into it. Its out dated and not clean.I was there and was stunned, when the let a child(only 9 yrs old) hang out at the bar area. Most people who work there live there. Even the general manager lives there(that's probable why he is rude and depressed) who while on shift was overly kissing his girlfriend at bar( again very unprofessional). He was telling girls you can have free drinks just show some boobs, very disrespectful and unprofessional. His girlfriend also a bartender and front clerk (Stephanie) I saw entertaining the 9 year old child while on shift, at around 8 pm. That was unprofessional. Why would you let a 9 year old hang out at a bar? The bar has a pool table, so I guess they let the child play there. Also the uncle of General manager was in women's restroom with I guess his girlfriend, god knows doing what! Also They don't have good drinks. I asked for a shot of patron and they didn't sell it there(only Jose cuevo). That shows you what kind of place this is. I was at bar having a drink and a women started fighting with the general manager, he was unprofessional and started yelling and called her names. I only went there because it was a last minute thing. I will never step foot in there ever, biggest nightmare of my live. The staff curse, fight and have no respect for each other or they're customers. This place is a living hell.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews, but the place offered one of the cheapest rates around. Anyone staying here isn't looking for the Ritz. I was actually fairly surprised when I walked into the room. Basic, clean, no real frills but it had what I needed to be comfortable for a few nights. The air conditioning worked fine but was rather noisy -- I kept having to crank up the TV in order to hear over the noise -- but I realized by shutting it off at night the room stayed comfortably cool for sleeping without it. I do have to agree with the reviewer who commented on the dirty carpets. The carpets are very dark, and when I got into the shower my feet were black. A good steam cleaning would make a huge improvement, including removing the somewhat musty smell. Other than those two things, it was generally ok. Staff I encountered were all very pleasant and helpful, the location is great -- easy access to food stores and restaurants right across the street. For a low cost, decent basic stay, it's worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo