La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
$342
$305
Conrad.com
$94
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
$313
$299
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Royal Beach Palace(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$89
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
$195
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
$120
$129
$125
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsrooms are cleanclose proximityfridge and microwavewould stay here againwalking distancetamarackturnpikecvscleanlinessaccommodationsratesfloridaftlauderdaleport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I have spent three nights at this La Quinta. I have read the previous reviews and I was concerned, but the hotel went through a major refurbishment, and my experience was way above my expectative. This hotel was a Wellesley Inn, and now is a La Quinta.

Rooms are large, beds are very confortable, wi-fi service is excelent.

Check-in and Check-out were very fast, and front desk was helpful.

Free Parking, and always with plenty of spaces. CVS Pharmacy next door.

Not much at walking distance, so I highly recomend having a car.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 8, 2008

Reservations: I booked this room about 2 weeks in advance using the La Quinta Returns website. We are military and were in the area for business so we got a great rate - $69.00 + tax ($76.59 total).

* I love that there are no extra charges for pets at any La Quinta.

Check-in : Check-in was fast and friendly. I have never had bad customer service at a La Quinta.

Location: The location was in a semi-urban area about 9 or 10 miles from the famous downtown areas. There was a 24/7 CVS right next door so we did not have to drive anywhere for incidentals.

Hotel: The hotel was very clean overall despite what past reviews have stated. This hotel seems to have had a makeover since the 2006 reviews. Pool and grounds were nice and I felt safe even when walking my dog eary in the morning or late at night. The hotel allowed guest to leave pet unattended as long as you leave a good cell number in case of any barking or obsessive door scratching. The desk personnel were very accepting of pets. I did notice that there were no doggie bags available (I carried my own).

Breakfast: I realize that all La Quinta include a FREE continental breakfast and morning paper (delivered to the room) but this paricular hotel had a great breakfast and plenty of space to sit.

Room: The room (#113) was clean and the decor was the new style - with very nice beds and linen. This room had a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Our window looked out into the front parking lot which meant we kept the curtains closed all the time. There was no extra noise from cars or people. There also was a light stain on the carpet that looked like it could have been removed or cleaned better. But since this is a pet friendly hotel I expect some issues with the carpets. The bathrrom was extremely clean and well stocked with towels, shampoo, soap, T/P and lotions.

Check-out: My check-out was fast and my bill was ready. I love when I don't have to wait for a new bill at check-out.

I would give this hotel a 4 but because of its location only gave it a 3. My rating is based on class of hotel - this hotel far exceeds any other in area in the same price range.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 21, 2006

Stayed six days and found the roome not to be very clean and it had an odor. There were tiny little bugs in the room and I saw a water bug in the breakfest area. I asked then to hook-up phone several times and it was never done. (hook-up under bed) People at the desk were friendly. I don't think I would go back.

Stayed: December 2005
Reviewed March 8, 2006

Date of stay was Tuesday, February 28th, 2006 for 1 night stay.
I was very disappointed in the accommodations and lack of customer service from this property. The hotel conditions were hazardous, and uncomfortable in many ways. Below is a detail list of the chain of negative events we experienced for a 1 night stay at this hotel:

Checked into room assigned by the hotel
•A strong/disturbing odor coming from the floor and linens
•Broken shower handle, and its hardware was on the toilet seat
•Requested a room change and was provided keys to another room.

2nd room assigned by the hotel
•Yellow water in toilet. Flush after flush yellow water filled the commode.
•This room also had a disturbing order
•Fitted sheets missing from beds (several requests were made to obtain the sheets)
•A folded fitted sheet was finally left at the foot of the bed. (they expected us to put them on the bed)
•Dried liquid substance on rugs and walls
•Hard/sharp rust behind bathroom door, where you hang your clothes
•Dirty shower floors
•Requested a room change and was provided keys to another room.

3rd room assigned by the hotel
•Cable did not work in room
•Room telephone did not work
•Dried liquid substance on rugs and walls
•Requested a room change and was escorted by associate who had keys to other rooms. Tried to find an appropriate room.

4th room (entered with associate)
•All of the lights in the room didn't work

5th room (entered with associate)
•A very Very strong odor upon opening the door. Associate responsed, "No definitely not this room".

6th room (entered with associate)
•Pieces of the wall on the floor
•Wires hanging from the ceiling
•Appearance of dried bodily fluids on the floor and walls

7th room assigned by the hotel
•Lock didn't work on the door, was unable to lock the door with (bolt). Had to use the swing lock to ensure safety
•Heating unit continue to blow. It was broken and not capable of being turned off-manually
•Appliance lighting turned on and off by itself.
•Strong odor in the room.

We were charged $115.60 for our room and through this whole ordeal didn't get to bed until 4am in the morning. I am very upset. Having traveled numerous times, I have never stayed in such hazardous conditions and filth.

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank Radiah P
A TripAdvisor Member
ft lauderdale
Reviewed February 5, 2006

i stayed @ the wellesley inn 5070 state road 7 in tamarac , my stay was wonderful , a very pleasant staff and a very clean room . they have a continental breakfast in the morning , this is the best value for my money ! awsome hotel , i will be back next year !

• Stayed: September 2005