“Just an overnight”

Ranked #66 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
St. John's, Antigua
“Just an overnight”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter and I were on our way to Maryland and had to overnight. A. Very dear friend took us to this hotel. After a long flight, this was an excellent way to relax and unwind. Though unable to use any of the amenities since we had an early morning flight,we were both of the opinion that a repeat visit would be a good idea.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
Queens, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Booked this hotel for 2 nights in spite of bad reviews because it is close to the family I was visiting and because other family members had stayed there previously.

Front desk was friendly. Room was clean (albeit small). Hotel was quiet. Parking plentiful. For the price it was good. I never felt unsafe.

I did have a problem with my refrigerator upon checking in. It was insanely loud, so much so that I couldn't sleep. I called the front desk for maintenance but it was late and maintenance was gone. Front desk suggested I unplug refrigerator. Genius right? Why didn't I think of that? Only problem is that the fridge and microwave are connected and housed in a shelving unit with the plug behind the fridge. After struggling to move the fridge I finally unplugged it all the while thinking that telling a guest to move the fridge was a lawsuit waiting to happen. Anyway I unplugged the fridge, called downstairs and asked that they cancel the maintenance call as I didn't need the fridge anyway. Before going to bed I put a "do not disturb sign on my door." The following morning at around 9 I was awoken by a very persistent maintenance man who knocked ferociously, tried to open my door with his keys and wouldn't go away until I got out of bed and answered the door. Not cool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. Then upon entering then room it was clear by the smell that none smoking really meant none smoking. The room was very attractive and the bed was made of clouds. I wanted somewhere clean and comfortable to sleep and i got what i paid for. I am very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here one night after arriving on a late flight. It is not as close to the airport as I expected. This hotel is midway on the amenity scale between a no-frills, like Motel6, and a family place, like Hampton Inn. The room was small and plain, but there was plenty of storage space, although the closet had a curtain, not a door. It had good lighting, and several wall mirrors. There was a small fridge, microwave, one-cup coffee maker and a large flat-screen tv. The tiny bathroom had a pocket door and contained a tub and toilet; the one sink was outside. There was soap, shampoo, and a hair dryer. The low price included a standard breakfast buffet with waffles, muffins, etc. I would not stay there as a vacation, but for an overnight between destinations, it was a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Trinidad
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am from Trinidad and Tobago , prior to leaving for my trip which was on 8th of April 2013 I booked with La Quinta after seeing the Hotel on the net . However when we went to check in we were asked to come back after 3pm since the room was not ready . We returned around 5pm and checked in without any problems . We got a room on the 2nd floor , we took the elevator which by the way needs to be upgraded and proceeded to our room by the time we got to the corridor the first thing one would notice is the poor condition of the carpet , little did we know that it was better than the one in our room because when we entered the odor of the carpet and the stains was a complete turn off . We made a complaint to the attendant at the front desk, at this point I must add that the staff were very friendly , professional and understanding . We were offered another room but when we checked it out it was worst than the one we were already in . We had booked for 6 days but on the 3rd day we had to leave because the odor and dirtiness of the carpet was affecting my daughter's sinus . I explained that to the front desk, the attendant said he understood and that I would be refunded the money I paid in advance for the remaining three days. He also suggested that the Hotel have plans to re carpet the entire hotel. One other thing the breakfast is the same everyday which consist of boiled eggs, toast,bagels,muffin ,waffles, apple ,cereal, coffee and juice .

Room Tip: Read the reviews it helps . I didn't .
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank TrinidadBen
Goffstown, NH
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We arrived very late. The area is not very safe. The lobby was just o.k. needs updating, however the front desk clerk was very friendly even at the late hour of the evening that it was. The elevator was full of people, some who were just there for the night/weekend to party. Smelled of cigarettes and maybe some other smoking materials! Noisey on the weekend, definitely a party hotel. It is certainly not up to the LaQuinta name that I have stayed in before in various cities around the U.S.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have just completed our one night stay before going on a cruise.We were a little concerned about some of the negative reviews. Sure the building decor is outdated, but our room was clean, with all necessary equipment. The bed and linens are updated, as is the bathroom, clean and functional.We were able to check-in at noon.The room comes with flat-screen TV, a fridge, coffee maker and free and fast WIFI. There is an outdoor pool. The breakfast is typical for this type of hotel, waffles, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereals, juice and coffee, with free daily newspapers. Its not fancy. but it does the trick. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple