“Great Staff!”

Ranked #67 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Elmira NY
“Great Staff!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at this location for one night after a week long trip to the Keys. This is a well kept hotel....very clean and well maintained. Staff was wonderful....especially Shianne at the front desk. She was very sweet and helpful. The accomodations are average. They may need a little bit of updating soon...especially the bathroom and beds. The flat screen television was nice. The free breakfast in the morning was very decent....toast, bagels, waffles, muffins, fruit, etc. We would stay here again based on the staff and cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I chose to stay at this hotel because it was close to an event we were attending. This location does not meet the standards of other La Quinta locations. On the positive side, the room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. However, the hotel does need some maintenance attention and general updating. The hotel offers a free breakfast, but the yogurt containers showed a January 15 "use by" date. Our stay was in February. Housekeeping does a great job, but other than that, there is little to recommend the place in our opinion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am an IT professional and as such I do not travel on vacation with my iPad or laptop. I want to relax and enjoy my stay at a clean, quite hotel that has a comfortable bed, heated outdoor pool and/or hot tub. The La Quinta Inn & Suites, Fort Lauderdale Tamarac, 5070 North State Rd 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319 is perfect for me. Great location between 95 and the Turnpike makes it very convenient to get to anywhere. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The Bright Side Breakfast which is included in the room price is a great value. I have previously stayed at this hotel and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I really like the room only complaint was the carpets were stained and looked dirty. It took away from the room
why would a room be rented like that.
The carpets need replacement in that suite room other room I did not see.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. John
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights leading up to the BCS championship game in Miami to watch the tide roll to #15 over the lyian Hawaiian and the Irish. I have to say for the price I paid I was pleased at $72.96 a night total. Other hotels in the area were charging much much more than this so I made out like a bandit. Having said that, I would never stay here for any other reason other than to attend this football game in the future in order to save money. I was by myself and it was fine for just me but no way would I bring my family with me.
The hotel is not is a horrible area, but is not in a great one either. Not sure unless you are on the beach in Ft Lauderdale if there is a good area anyway LOL. Lots of foot traffic all hours of the day going on outside the hotel.
The room needed some minor repairs in the bathroom wall and floor and was very small. Put it this way, if you have to sit down on the toilet, plan on keeping the bathroom door open or hitting your head against the door if it is closed. Very nice tv in the room and the bedding was adequate. The elevator was SSSSSLLLLLOOOOWWWWWWW and I mean slow. The hotel only has 3 floors in it so that should tell you something. The breakfast was simply horrible. I wouldnt feed it to a dog and I dont have pets. Plan on eating out if you stay here for breakfast.
The hotel staff was very friendly and waited on me when I needed them to A+ for them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Good location at intersection of Commercial. Very comfy bed, very good quality WIFI free.
Free parking, healthy breakfast choices apples, yogurt , OJ, cereal, coffee . Close to Publix for groceries and Boston Market healthy turkry dinner with veggies about 10 bucks.
Best bang for your buck.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#110 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#93 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Nor...
#70 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West
TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdal...
#75 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#78 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Suites Sawgrass

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac? Share your experiences!