La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
Ranked #59 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Floral Park, New York, USA
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am an IT professional and as such I do not travel on vacation with my iPad or laptop. I want to relax and enjoy my stay at a clean, quite hotel that has a comfortable bed, heated outdoor pool and/or hot tub. The La Quinta Inn & Suites, Fort Lauderdale Tamarac, 5070 North State Rd 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33319 is perfect for me. Great location between 95 and the Turnpike makes it very convenient to get to anywhere. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The Bright Side Breakfast which is included in the room price is a great value. I have previously stayed at this hotel and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Providence, ri
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I really like the room only complaint was the carpets were stained and looked dirty. It took away from the room
why would a room be rented like that.
The carpets need replacement in that suite room other room I did not see.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights leading up to the BCS championship game in Miami to watch the tide roll to #15 over the lyian Hawaiian and the Irish. I have to say for the price I paid I was pleased at $72.96 a night total. Other hotels in the area were charging much much more than this so I made out like a bandit. Having said that, I would never stay here for any other reason other than to attend this football game in the future in order to save money. I was by myself and it was fine for just me but no way would I bring my family with me.
The hotel is not is a horrible area, but is not in a great one either. Not sure unless you are on the beach in Ft Lauderdale if there is a good area anyway LOL. Lots of foot traffic all hours of the day going on outside the hotel.
The room needed some minor repairs in the bathroom wall and floor and was very small. Put it this way, if you have to sit down on the toilet, plan on keeping the bathroom door open or hitting your head against the door if it is closed. Very nice tv in the room and the bedding was adequate. The elevator was SSSSSLLLLLOOOOWWWWWWW and I mean slow. The hotel only has 3 floors in it so that should tell you something. The breakfast was simply horrible. I wouldnt feed it to a dog and I dont have pets. Plan on eating out if you stay here for breakfast.
The hotel staff was very friendly and waited on me when I needed them to A+ for them.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Shelton, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Good location at intersection of Commercial. Very comfy bed, very good quality WIFI free.
Free parking, healthy breakfast choices apples, yogurt , OJ, cereal, coffee . Close to Publix for groceries and Boston Market healthy turkry dinner with veggies about 10 bucks.
Best bang for your buck.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 1, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed November 21, 2012

i along with my mother and sister stayed at this hotel from 11/17/12-11/20/12 and it was great. I saw the reviews on tripadvisor and decided to book a stay. The hotel from the exterior was beautiful and as well as the interior. The hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful and made our stay more enjoyable. The early morning breakfast was more than enough and and very morning it was different food besides the regular waffles which was there also. And YES there is security at the hotel especially noticable during the nights into early mornings. I had booked a double bed room and it was clean very large and everything in the room work this also had a fridge and microwave. This was my first stay at any la laquinta hotel and i will recommend anyone to stay and it was close to I -95 and the shopping area in the area. The rate was good too. thank you

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family