“Wonderful service”

Ranked #40 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hartford, Connecticut
“Wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel was very clean, nicely decorated. Our room was clean and quiet. The staff was very polite and accommodating. They arranged transportation for us so we could get to an interview and the airport. The restaurant breakfast was very good. The pool was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorene H
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you Lorene H for your recent review and for taking notice of the staff and all the wonderfully new amenities we have to offer. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and I hope we achieved that with you. We look forward to the next time we can exceed your expectations. Thanks again

Mark George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Salt Lake City, Utah, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I loved this hotel and all of the staff. Marjorie, at the front desk, is beyond amazing. She knew my name immediately, always had a smile, and was helpful and positive. Jesua (not sure of spelling) was wonderful as well. As a woman traveling alone, I very much appreciated the attention I received. The staff in the bistro was terrific and accommodating. My room was amazing. It was so clean and nice that I thought noone had ever stayed in it before. I will be staying at this Courtyard whenever I am in the area. I couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you slcsupermom for your glowing review of our hotel, I was thrilled to have learned what wonderful care all of staff, especially Marjorie and Josue, took of you. They are two of our most celebrated employees and it is easy to see why. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff as well. We hope to see you back soon. Thanks again!

Rincon, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My one night stay was pleasant. It was just what expected, a clean, comfortable room at affordable rate. Since I don’t use most of the facilities like the pool, gym, coffee place I don’t have further comments but they looked fine. The lobby is nice and pretty. One detail that I liked was the airlines check-in counter they have in the lobby. I was able to check-in my flight and print my boarding pass in a snap.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you pfkaa for your recent review of the Courtyard Cypress Creek. The staff and I would like you to know that we were to proud to learn that the hotel met all of your needs and expectations. We hope to have you back as our valued guest very soon. Thanks again

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is a nice "business" and "casual" hotel. We were there for a swim meet and stayed in a couple of rooms. The hotel itself is right by an Executive airport - but having jets and small planes in the area - never bothered us - so don't let that be an issue.
The rooms are your typical updated Courtyard rooms - and very comfortable. Internet is free - fast and easy to use.
The hotel is fairly is based more near a business park - but it didn't appear there's a lot of business going on in the area. It's conveniently located off I-95 and about 3 minutes from the interstate - with a movie theatre nearby and some other restaurants.
We received a AAA rate and the staff was very pleasant.
The ONLY issue we had involved the staffing at the Bistro on Sunday morning. I think there is an issue with getting orders out on a "timely" basis. We ordered breakfast to go (sandwiches and one egg breakfast dinner) and it took 25 minutes to get our food. There were many other people in the area that were placing orders, needing coffee, etc - but when you have too many orders to make sandwiches - and only a couple of people to do it - it slows things down a bit. I think it would help if there was a "roaming" manager on duty that could spend some time at the Bistro helping when things are backed up. It looked like the kitchen (in the back) was slow as well - didn't see much help out of them or sense of urgency.

Would we recommend this place? Yes - I would recommend taking it easy on the air freshener after the room is made up - just a bit too toxic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank defore4735
Thank you defore4735 for taking the time to review our recently renovated hotel and for pointing out a couple of things that could help improve the overall guest experience. We strive to please every guest and when we fail to do so we take it very seriously and you can be sure your comments will be used as a valuable training tool. Thanks again

Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Its a nice property and its very clean. The towels are really cheap - I would expect better. There is nothing within walking distance so plan on having a car. My own real complaint is the housekeeping staff doesn't bother waiting for a response when they knock at the door. Before I had a chance to respond she had opened the door and caught me just out of the shower. Not happy. I didn't say anything to management because we were both quite embarrassed. But it was rather sloppy on their part. Of course shame on me for not securing the bolt...

Room Tip: I think only third floor rooms have a tiny balcony while others have nothing ..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank robert_dfw
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you robert_dfw for the recent review of our hotel and for sharing your candid feedback with us on how we may look to get better. Feedback is vital to our business as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our level of service. This will act as a valuable lesson and for that we are grateful. My sincerest apologies for the trouble and we hope that you will allow us to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and exhibit that new level of service. Thanks again

Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. Very nice Courtyard - updated lobby is large and modern. Room was clean and updated. Staff was very friendly and gave me restaurant recommendations. Had a problem with first room (A/C was out) - staff promptly gave me a new room and was very apologetic. As noted in other reviews, no restaurant within walking distance, but several within 5 minute drive. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you SRQVballDad for the kind review of our hotel, we were glad to learn that the renovations and service were up to your standards and that the issue you encountered was handled swiftly and to your approval. We hope that your travels find you back this way soon and that you will once again be a guest of ours. We appreciate your loyalty.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel and staff at this recently fully rennovated, beautiful and modern Courtyard hotel exemplify Marriott's "Spirit to Serve". From the moment you walk in the door, you will be refreshed by the new modern and relaxing look as well as because you may very well be greeted by the General Manager, Mark who has a desk in the lobby often speaking to or assisting guests. Every staff member treats you like you're family and you are at home. The front desk and bistro staff are some of the best I've encountered after staying in hundreds of hotels for business over the years. Convenient and central to Greater Fort Lauderdale with both a variety of national chains and one of kind restaurants as well as shopping very nearby. Full service restaurant "The Grill" directly across the street (part of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale) is the best kept restaurant secret, voted one of the best restaurants in Broward County. Don't miss the opportunity to stay at this hotel on your next trip. And you'd be surprised by the size of the meeting space in this Courtyard, they host all kinds of meetings and cater wedding receptions!

Room Tip: Let the front desk assign your room, they treat you like family every time!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you RoyF for your glowing review of our hotel, the team and I were thrilled to hear that you experienced the level of service and class that we strive to deliver each day. We are also glad that you took notice to the uniqueness of this particular property with its renovated concept and ample meeting space. I will be sure to send interested lunch-goers to The Grill, I too had the pleasure of dining there recently and would agree with your assessment. Hope to see you back soon. Thanks again.