“Very nice Courtyard Marriott”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed one night on business. Very nice Courtyard - updated lobby is large and modern. Room was clean and updated. Staff was very friendly and gave me restaurant recommendations. Had a problem with first room (A/C was out) - staff promptly gave me a new room and was very apologetic. As noted in other reviews, no restaurant within walking distance, but several within 5 minute drive. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you SRQVballDad for the kind review of our hotel, we were glad to learn that the renovations and service were up to your standards and that the issue you encountered was handled swiftly and to your approval. We hope that your travels find you back this way soon and that you will once again be a guest of ours. We appreciate your loyalty.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel and staff at this recently fully rennovated, beautiful and modern Courtyard hotel exemplify Marriott's "Spirit to Serve". From the moment you walk in the door, you will be refreshed by the new modern and relaxing look as well as because you may very well be greeted by the General Manager, Mark who has a desk in the lobby often speaking to or assisting guests. Every staff member treats you like you're family and you are at home. The front desk and bistro staff are some of the best I've encountered after staying in hundreds of hotels for business over the years. Convenient and central to Greater Fort Lauderdale with both a variety of national chains and one of kind restaurants as well as shopping very nearby. Full service restaurant "The Grill" directly across the street (part of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale) is the best kept restaurant secret, voted one of the best restaurants in Broward County. Don't miss the opportunity to stay at this hotel on your next trip. And you'd be surprised by the size of the meeting space in this Courtyard, they host all kinds of meetings and cater wedding receptions!

Room Tip: Let the front desk assign your room, they treat you like family every time!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you RoyF for your glowing review of our hotel, the team and I were thrilled to hear that you experienced the level of service and class that we strive to deliver each day. We are also glad that you took notice to the uniqueness of this particular property with its renovated concept and ample meeting space. I will be sure to send interested lunch-goers to The Grill, I too had the pleasure of dining there recently and would agree with your assessment. Hope to see you back soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

There is no eatery in walking distance. Maybe a 5 min drive. Room and bathroom was very clean! Bed was very comfy. All employees were very pleasant.This hotel would be a 5/5 if there was eatery nearby. Overall I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you shysummer21 for your most recent review of our property and for sharing such kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope to see you back with us again soon and please take advantage of our shuttle service when you do return, we don't want you to have to worry about anything while you are a guest of ours. Thanks again

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Good-Clean hotel. Quiet. Recently updated. Was a good value. Pool area was very nice, as was the gym.
The Bad-No morning breakfast. Not much of a restaurant. Far away from any good ones also. Has a shuttle that will take you within 5 miles of the property, but they WILL NOT go outside the 5 mile radius. (I wanted to go 5.6, and it was as if I had asked for a trip to the moon.)
The neutral-This is in a corporate area. Street dries up at night. A business airport backs up to the property but I no problems with noise. Very close to I-95.

1  Thank Chplhill
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you Chplhill for your most recent review of our hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay with us at The Courtyard by Marriott Cypress Creek. We will be sure to talk to the front desk about the shuttle and let them know about your review. On the other hand, we are happy to hear that all of our updates met your standards. We hope to have you back soon for another stay. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I pretty much only stay at Courtyard by Marriott hotels because I usually get the same outstanding service and comfort. The only reason I'm rating 4 instead of 5 is because they had issues with a water pump (so I was told) and therefore the show water pressure was non-existant. Other than that, 5 stars! Most hotels have a poor excuse for a gym.. not this one. Great equipment and the room was large enough for 6 of us in there at one point. I stayed on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool.. great view! Lots of lounging both inside and out. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also the location of this hotel is great if you're staying in North Lauderdale or west Fort Lauderdale. 2 min drive to I-95 and seconds from 31st avenue which has a lot of shopping.

Last but not least is the fact I paid less for the Courtyard by Marriott hotel than any other 3 plus rated hotel in the area. Holiday Inn express wanted 50 per day MORE than Courtyard.

Room Tip: 2nd floor overlooking the pool
1  Thank Jazzmannca

Thank you Jazzmannca for your recent review on our hotel. We were sorry to learn that you experienced a problem with the water pump that day, but you would be happy to know that we have since fixed the issue. We were excited to hear though that despite the minor setback, you found the staff and all of the other amenities, such as the pool and fitness center, to your liking. We would love to have you back for another stay soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I love all the Marriott hotels I go to. This one had everything they normally have and is newly renovated, making it an even nicer place. The only problem was I had no vehicle and everything to eat or do was too far. I would however, recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you rfyoder for your recent review of our newly renovated hotel. We are very pleased with how the changes turned out and are thrilled to find that you liked them as well. We were sorry to hear that you did not have a car present, but next time you are at the hotel, be sure to ask our front desk about the shuttle service. Hopefully we will see you soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a one night stay headed to Miami for the Memorial Day Weekend. 1st off let me say that Ms. Marjorie at the front desk was the BEST!!!! Upon entering she greeted me with a smile. I loved her accent. She was very attentive. Although I arrived before check in time, she was very accommodating and gave me keys to my room. After getting to my room, the key did not work to open the door. I had to go back down to the front desk to see what was going on. There was Ms. Marjorie with her bright smile. I explained my problem to her and she immediately took action. She resynced my keys and offered a free amentity from the hotel's corner market once for the inconvenience. AWESOME!!!! Upon entering the room, you could tell that it had been cleaned. The air was fresh and there was a slight chill from the air conditioner. The scent was so delicious. It just smelled so fresh and tropical. Ahhhhh!!! The bed was comfortable and slept well. After being tired from the drive, I took a long nap. On the day of check out, I went downstairs and asked Ms. Marjorie if it would be ok for me to check out at little late as I had a phone interview scheduled and needed a quiet place to talk outside of my car. She obliged and said it would be no problem. Anywhere else would probably have said no or tried to charge me by the hour for staying after checkout time. I just want to say that if you are ever in the neighborhood and want a taste of some great hospitality, please stop by to see Ms. Marjorie at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek. They should have more people with her great attitude and customer service skills working for the Marriott. She was the best!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Shon215 for your splendid review of our hotel and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about your stay with us. At The Courtyard by Marriott Cypress Creek, we strive to provide excellent service like this all the time and Marjorie is the perfect example of the effect we hope to have on each and every customer. We will pass on your kind words to Marjorie and let her know what a great job she continues to do. We hope to see you soon. Thank you again.