“Gorgeous lobby, nice staff. Rooms feature old rattling A/C.”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Gorgeous lobby, nice staff. Rooms feature old rattling A/C.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Between the noisy A/C and fridge, you might invest in earplugs. Low end coffee but nice shampoo. Towels are so thin and small. Room is spacious and bed is comfy but nothing glamorous. Ladies be advised - parking is behind the hotel primarily and walking in at night is a little creepy. Clean but small pet peeve - if I close the curtains, please leave them closed. Giant microwave may be handy for you - I suggest you throw a towel over the glaring green controls before bed.

• Stayed March 2013
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you Cindy M for your recent review of the Courtyard by Marriott Cypress Creek. We appreciate any and all feedback and we take each and every review very seriously, it is the only way we can ensure we are getting better everyday. We are currently in the process of replacing every AC unit, so hopefully within the month we will have them throughout the entire hotel. And thank you for bringing the noisy fridge and bright light to our attention, I was unaware that these were such an issue for our guests and will have them addressed immediately. We appreciate your candidness and hopefully the next time your travels bring you back to the area, you will look us up once again. Happy travels!

Mark George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed one week at this Courtyard location. Had stayed there previously and I must say the improvement to the lobby area, restaurant, and guest rooms make this property quite appealing! Our room was on the 3rd floor -- king size bed room with a sofa area. Although a bit on the smaller side, we were very pleased with the cleanliness and service. We had requested a
refrigerator and it was in the room along with a microwave. Additionally, we had requested
extra towels and pillows and both were in our room. The room is colorfully decorated and
the bright orange and yellows are very cheery. Our room window faced west and we enjoyed the afternoon/evening sunset.
The pool area is very nice complete with a lift for a person with disabilities. A nice gazebo is in the courtyard as well as a cabana area with couches, chairs. Very nice courtyard. I did use the fitness room and was very happy with the equipment.
We did not eat in the restaurant but there was someone on duty 24 hrs. to prepare a cup of Starbucks coffee if you wanted to purchase some. Very nice! I would definitely recommend this Courtyard. About 15-20 minutes west of the beach areas and touristy area, but close enough to drive. Close to the Isle Casino. The only improvement would be from a corporate level and add a free continental type breakfast to the current room rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you msdebbes for your most recent review of our newly renovated property. I am thrilled that you took notice and appreciate all of the wonderful things we have done to this property over the last year. We certainly hope that you continue to come back every time your travels bring you to the area. From all of us at the Courtyard by Marriott Cypress Creek we thank you for your support of the brand and our hotel itself. Happy travels!

Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Lucky that Marjorie was on duty at check in. Very helpful, professional, knowledgable. Room clean; small but had all ameneties, microwave, refrig. Arrived a little early but that presented no problem. When made reservations was surprised that the price did not include breakfast. Did include internet. Husband and I spent one night to play the slots at the nearby casino. Location very convenient for us. Our first stay @ a Marriott. Would stay again especially if price is lower in spring and breakfast is added to price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you Mary B for your recent review of our hotel. I was thrilled to hear that Marjorie took such good care of you. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am glad it didn't go unnoticed. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her and the rest of the staff. Keep an eye out in the spring for some hotel deals and we will look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!

Southern California
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night post-cruise. From Ft. Lauderdale airport or Port Everglades to this hotel will run you about a $40 cab ride one way. Ask the front desk to book you a private limo as it’s the same price as a taxi cab.

Pros: Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Easy check in / check out. Hotel shuttle will take you around to local area bars and restaurants. Lots of places to eat within walking distance such as Longhorn steakhouse, Champs, Five Guys burgers and Sweet Tomatoes. Our room wasn’t ready upon check in so we left our bags with the bell hop and hung out by the pool for a few hours. There is a nice workout room with fresh fruit and towels as well as a shower area. Two computers in the lobby are free to use and was great for easy online check-in for flights. Beds were clean and comfy. Room was clean, but painted a yellowish orange. Carpet looked clean as was the bathroom and shower area. No mold or bugs.

Cons: Elevators are a bit confusing on the floors. If you push the down button on any floor it triggers both the service elevators as well as guestroom elevators which are across from each other. There were a number of times we got into the service elevators which open from the other side once you reach the lobby and dump you where the maid service is. No signs posted about which elevators are which. Thermostat in the room didn’t seem to work. Always blowing cold air even when we set it to 80 degrees. When we first walked out to the pool area, there were two maintenance guys working on the Jacuzzi. I walked over to it and the water was so dirty you couldn’t see the bottom of it. They fixed it so I thought they were going to drain it, clean it and add more chemicals to it. They just turned the jets on and walked away. I didn’t dare use it. The pool was cleaner, but still had sand at the bottom of the pool with many bugs and leaves floating on the surface. A maintenance guy came out and wiped down the tile around the waters edge and the sides of the pool, but didn’t clean out the leaves or add chemicals. Cigarette burns were found in the pool furniture. Hallways need some TLC. Lots of scuffs, markings, chips on the bottoms/corners of doors, etc. The red carpet in the hallway is a bit dated. Despite these observations, a decent hotel with great staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank islandhopper09
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for business and enjoyed my experience. All the staff members were extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel was recently updated with a modern feel. The lobby has 2 computers for guest use and 2 additional computers with a printer to be able to use to print your boarding pass - very convenient. Pool area was really nice and my favorite part of the hotel, especially for the hotel location. Hotel was very clean, grounds well maintained and beds were very comfortable. I was surprised how spacious the rooms were and the fridge and microwave were a nice touch. As a negative, the fitness center contains 4 machines and while I was there it was out of order. Probably not an issue if you're only staying a couple of nights but for me, I was there 4 nights so I had wanted to use the fitness center twice and both times the machines were taken. The Bistro is a great way to grab a quick breakfast on your way out - plenty of delicious options. The marketplace was extra convenient too for grab and go items. I do wish however that the hotel served lunch on weekends but they dont - only breakfast and dinner. Location was good, next to an executive airport but very easy to get to wherever you needed to go, and a shopping plaza with cinema very close by. The beaches and las olas were a 20 minute drive too, so not bad at all. It was a very pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: as for a room overlooking the gazebo or pool - they have small balconies and a great view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you hammerc42 for your recent review of the hotel and special thanks for making note of our recent renovations. We are quite proud of the new look and I believe it shows in the attitudes of the staff as well. I was sorry to learn though that we failed in noticing the broken piece of equipment, but rest assured, that has since been fixed. Hopefully your travels will soon bring you to the area again and we will have the luxury of welcoming you back here. Thanks again!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My preferred hotel property line is Marriott. I rarely have problems as many who read my hotel reviews will agree. This time, it was just a normally minor TV issue that kinda rubbed the the wrong way. It was Superbowl Sunday and the picture quality was fair to poor to great, depending on when I was watching. Other than that the stay was great.

This Courtyard is a renovated unit, now sporting new rooms and the Bistro which I love because I can get breakfast and dinner without venturing out after a full day of being on my feet lecturing. The food choices are fairly broad and reasonably priced as well as tasty. Good value in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Tech-trekker for your recent review of the hotel and for recognizing our services. I was sorry to learn though, that on all the days possible, you experienced issues with your TV on Super Bowl Sunday. I thank you for bringing that to our attention and I apologize for the terrible inconvenience. We have since addressed our satellite and clarity issues and hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you won't hesitate to stay with us. Thanks again!

Mexico
Reviewed February 4, 2013

On this trip I felt that the quality/value ratio was just OK that is the reason for this rating.
This hotel has received a Courtyard "facelift" since I last stayed and it looks better on the surface.
Check in was efficient - actually handled by the manager although I cannot recall his name, the guy was energetic, friendly and efficient and i expect he leads from the front which was good to see.
The rooms have also been spruced up with better bedding, flatscreen TV and improved bathrooms.
My only beefs were: the a/c unit is one that basically sits on the floor underneath the window and it is extremely noisy. We also had a small fridge in our room that was also the noisiest little fridge I have ever heard, ever time the condensor kicked in it sounded like it was trying to take off!
The little onsite Bistro is OK for breakfast or a snack item - there is no true room service, but you call ahead with your order and then go pick it up and like the rest of the hotel I would rate the fare on offer as average.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you cavedodger for your most recent review of the hotel and for taking notice of our renovation. I was glad to see that you found many of the upgrades appealing and appreciated the service provided to you by one of our own. I apologize for the inconvenience created by the AC units, as well as the mini-refrigerator, and please note that we are currently working on solutions for both. I hope to see you back in the near future. Thanks again!