“Recently updated, friendly staff”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for business and enjoyed my experience. All the staff members were extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel was recently updated with a modern feel. The lobby has 2 computers for guest use and 2 additional computers with a printer to be able to use to print your boarding pass - very convenient. Pool area was really nice and my favorite part of the hotel, especially for the hotel location. Hotel was very clean, grounds well maintained and beds were very comfortable. I was surprised how spacious the rooms were and the fridge and microwave were a nice touch. As a negative, the fitness center contains 4 machines and while I was there it was out of order. Probably not an issue if you're only staying a couple of nights but for me, I was there 4 nights so I had wanted to use the fitness center twice and both times the machines were taken. The Bistro is a great way to grab a quick breakfast on your way out - plenty of delicious options. The marketplace was extra convenient too for grab and go items. I do wish however that the hotel served lunch on weekends but they dont - only breakfast and dinner. Location was good, next to an executive airport but very easy to get to wherever you needed to go, and a shopping plaza with cinema very close by. The beaches and las olas were a 20 minute drive too, so not bad at all. It was a very pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: as for a room overlooking the gazebo or pool - they have small balconies and a great view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you hammerc42 for your recent review of the hotel and special thanks for making note of our recent renovations. We are quite proud of the new look and I believe it shows in the attitudes of the staff as well. I was sorry to learn though that we failed in noticing the broken piece of equipment, but rest assured, that has since been fixed. Hopefully your travels will soon bring you to the area again and we will have the luxury of welcoming you back here. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My preferred hotel property line is Marriott. I rarely have problems as many who read my hotel reviews will agree. This time, it was just a normally minor TV issue that kinda rubbed the the wrong way. It was Superbowl Sunday and the picture quality was fair to poor to great, depending on when I was watching. Other than that the stay was great.

This Courtyard is a renovated unit, now sporting new rooms and the Bistro which I love because I can get breakfast and dinner without venturing out after a full day of being on my feet lecturing. The food choices are fairly broad and reasonably priced as well as tasty. Good value in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Tech-trekker for your recent review of the hotel and for recognizing our services. I was sorry to learn though, that on all the days possible, you experienced issues with your TV on Super Bowl Sunday. I thank you for bringing that to our attention and I apologize for the terrible inconvenience. We have since addressed our satellite and clarity issues and hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you won't hesitate to stay with us. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

On this trip I felt that the quality/value ratio was just OK that is the reason for this rating.
This hotel has received a Courtyard "facelift" since I last stayed and it looks better on the surface.
Check in was efficient - actually handled by the manager although I cannot recall his name, the guy was energetic, friendly and efficient and i expect he leads from the front which was good to see.
The rooms have also been spruced up with better bedding, flatscreen TV and improved bathrooms.
My only beefs were: the a/c unit is one that basically sits on the floor underneath the window and it is extremely noisy. We also had a small fridge in our room that was also the noisiest little fridge I have ever heard, ever time the condensor kicked in it sounded like it was trying to take off!
The little onsite Bistro is OK for breakfast or a snack item - there is no true room service, but you call ahead with your order and then go pick it up and like the rest of the hotel I would rate the fare on offer as average.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you cavedodger for your most recent review of the hotel and for taking notice of our renovation. I was glad to see that you found many of the upgrades appealing and appreciated the service provided to you by one of our own. I apologize for the inconvenience created by the AC units, as well as the mini-refrigerator, and please note that we are currently working on solutions for both. I hope to see you back in the near future. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for 4 days. Very nice property. The lobby renovation is fantastic-cudos to the interior designer who did it. My wife and I loved every aspect of it. The restaurant is part of the lobby and shares the same nice decor, but we didn't eat there. The room is very fresh, comfortable, clean and has a very large bathroom sink, more than enough space for two people. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Interacted with several people at the front desk and all were very helpful and friendly. There is a desk in the lobby with two desk top computers and free printing, which came in handy. Plenty of free parking. It was one of the least expensive Marriott properties in Ft Lauderdale/Miami when we booked it and was well worth it. My only complaint is sometimes the free WIFI was slow and one night did not work at all.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you BigdawgChicago for your recent review. We strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and satisfied as possible, but I must admit that our staff takes extra pride in being recognized by someone with such an extensive travel and review history. We have long understood the importance of this sight to our travelers, most of us use it ourselves for our own leisure needs, and I hope that we can only improve upon our growing number of satisfied guests. Thank you again and we hope to have you back very soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was my second stay here in the past year; the hotel's location is convenient to 95 (albeit in a deserted area adjacent to a small airport), and they usually have some of the best prices for Marriott branded properties in the area. I doubt the hotel is new, but it appears to have been renovated recently, and the appearance is nice. The rooms are standard Courtyard; my room had a king sized bed with a sofa/sitting area. The bathroom was very large, but with a fan that sounded like a hovering helicopter (no exaggeration). My room had a refrigerator and microwave. I liked that I could open my window for fresh air, even if only slightly. There is free wifi. This is one of the newer-styled Courtyards, so there is a restaurant and a bar. I didn't eat here this stay, but last summer I had breakfast and it was ok. On thing I find weird about this place, and this applies to both my stays, is that the reception staff seem to be indifferent to guests-- the mood is rather cold. Maybe I have never been greeted by the folks mentioned in the other reviews? I was asked if I had ever stayed before, something I think they should know (I have elite status with Marriott Rewards). I also hate being asked the name of my company at some Marriott properties. I think this is an unnecessary delay in the check-in process. Why have an online profile if the front desk wants more?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is excellent. We have stayed there 3 times now. Marjorie at the front desk even remembered our name after just one visit. Nice property and clean rooms. Good location and quiet area. Food and drink are available. Rooms have microwaves, refrig and coffee makers. They also have sofa beds in the king rooms. Don't know about the doubles.

Room Tip: we have stayed on the 3rd and 4th floors and all rooms were very satisfactory
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you Sharon l for the recent review. Positive feedback for a job well done always makes our jobs all the more special and I can assure you Marjorie was touched by the fact that you went out of your way to recognize her. She is an incredible asset to this hotel and I am glad to see her recognized for her daily commitment. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We're on a 5 city FL vacation, and this was the best stay we had. From the front desk staff to the house keepers, they go out of their way to make certain you enjoy your stay. Everyone was smiling, and very friendly. The room was spacious and VERY modern. The TV stand has ports for chargers and other accessories. The entire facility is immaculate, Wi-fi and 2 computers in the lobby, and the choice of flavored water in the lobby is gravy.
I hope they are reading this... "Awesome" job !!

Room Tip: If you're using Priceline.com to search the Ft Lauderdale area, include the North Ft Lauderdale...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Kevin M for your recent review. We were delighted to read that you thought so highly of the facility and our associates. We are very proud of the remodel and we work tirelssly to provide A+ service, so it is nice to know our efforts have paid off. Hope to see you again soon!