“Nice facility”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was my second stay here in the past year; the hotel's location is convenient to 95 (albeit in a deserted area adjacent to a small airport), and they usually have some of the best prices for Marriott branded properties in the area. I doubt the hotel is new, but it appears to have been renovated recently, and the appearance is nice. The rooms are standard Courtyard; my room had a king sized bed with a sofa/sitting area. The bathroom was very large, but with a fan that sounded like a hovering helicopter (no exaggeration). My room had a refrigerator and microwave. I liked that I could open my window for fresh air, even if only slightly. There is free wifi. This is one of the newer-styled Courtyards, so there is a restaurant and a bar. I didn't eat here this stay, but last summer I had breakfast and it was ok. On thing I find weird about this place, and this applies to both my stays, is that the reception staff seem to be indifferent to guests-- the mood is rather cold. Maybe I have never been greeted by the folks mentioned in the other reviews? I was asked if I had ever stayed before, something I think they should know (I have elite status with Marriott Rewards). I also hate being asked the name of my company at some Marriott properties. I think this is an unnecessary delay in the check-in process. Why have an online profile if the front desk wants more?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is excellent. We have stayed there 3 times now. Marjorie at the front desk even remembered our name after just one visit. Nice property and clean rooms. Good location and quiet area. Food and drink are available. Rooms have microwaves, refrig and coffee makers. They also have sofa beds in the king rooms. Don't know about the doubles.

Room Tip: we have stayed on the 3rd and 4th floors and all rooms were very satisfactory
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you Sharon l for the recent review. Positive feedback for a job well done always makes our jobs all the more special and I can assure you Marjorie was touched by the fact that you went out of your way to recognize her. She is an incredible asset to this hotel and I am glad to see her recognized for her daily commitment. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We're on a 5 city FL vacation, and this was the best stay we had. From the front desk staff to the house keepers, they go out of their way to make certain you enjoy your stay. Everyone was smiling, and very friendly. The room was spacious and VERY modern. The TV stand has ports for chargers and other accessories. The entire facility is immaculate, Wi-fi and 2 computers in the lobby, and the choice of flavored water in the lobby is gravy.
I hope they are reading this... "Awesome" job !!

Room Tip: If you're using Priceline.com to search the Ft Lauderdale area, include the North Ft Lauderdale...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Kevin M for your recent review. We were delighted to read that you thought so highly of the facility and our associates. We are very proud of the remodel and we work tirelssly to provide A+ service, so it is nice to know our efforts have paid off. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is my home in Ft Lauderdale.
I like its location close to FXE, fitness room simple but efficient, nice pool and reasonable prices.
Staff is great, always trying to help you, especially Victor who makes everything to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cesar A
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this gem. It was quiet, since it is away from the hub bub of downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Yet, it was convenient to area restaurants and offered easy access to other locations. The newly renovated lobby was immediately inviting. There is a pretty good selection of snacks and drinks for easy purchase located by check in which can conveniently be added and charged to your room.

The room was pleasant,  good sized, clean, and comfortable. The pool and hot tub area, while small, met all my needs. It was relaxing, peaceful, and also clean. I especially enjoyed the fragrant gardenias planted nearby.

The staff was extremely helpful, courteous, efficient, and friendly. Lina made great breakfast suggestions with a smile. I really was happy to get my Starbuck's fix since it is located on site. It  is also great to be able to grab a cocktail, pick up conversation,  or just lounge around with a book or your laptop in an expansive area adjacent to the open bright lobby.

I was warmly greeted by Rebecca, during breakfast one morning. I took her up on her recommendation of a great local spot for dinner and was not disappointed. I appreciated her sincerity. She also made several suggestions on things to do and see in the area which I will explore on my next visit.

To top of my stay, the kind thoughtful manager Mark, actually walked me out to my car with an umbrella when I was leaving in the rain. Now, that is what I call excellent customer service!

Room Tip: Some of the hotel is under a beautiful renovation. Just ask for a room located away from the present...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Islandlvr50
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you Islandlvr50 for the feedback from your wonderful experience here at the Courtyard Cypress Creek. We are so very proud of our new product and we are looking forward to being completely finished with all of the beautification by the end of October. I will be sure to share your thoughts and sentiments with the rest of the staff and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your journey after you left the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I’ve grown disenchanted with the Hilton chain and recently switched my loyalty to the Marriott group of hotels. It’s been an interesting experience thus far and I’ve been paying close attention to the differences between the two chains. This particular hotel is located on Cypress Creek drive and is just a stone’s throw from Fort Lauderdale executive airport. It’s conveniently located near major thoroughfares and there are a few decent restaurants nearby. I checked in around 6pm and found the front desk staff to be courteous and expedient. The hotel itself was very clean and laid out well. I was put in a standard room with a king size bed and that’s where the pleasantries ended. If I was a trucker who just needed a bed to sleep on, then it would have been perfect. But I’m over six feet tall and everything in this room seemed to be about two feet off the ground. The bed was low. The dresser was low. And the TV was low. Perhaps the room was designed for a handicapped person because the only thing at a normal height was the desk. But unfortunately for my body parts, the desk chair was broken and wouldn’t rise to a sufficient height. In fact, the chair even had parts falling out of it. What the heck?! To top things off, the internet speed is absolutely atrocious, as if they are still using a 56k modem. So if you need to work comfortably or need a decent internet connection while you travel, you might be slightly disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelGator1988
Mark G, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you TravelGator1988 for your recent review. The opinions and experiences of seasoned travelers such as you are vital to our business, as we are continuously looking at ways to improve our hotel and our service. I apologize for the fact that you were placed in a handicap accessible room and for the lack of connectivity you were faced with, I know how frustrating it can be when you are trying to get work done and the internet is not cooperating. Rest assured though, we have addressed the issues we recently had with our internet provider, as we have upgraded our signal to meet the growing needs of today's business traveler, so all should be fine for your next visit. As for the rooms, we are currently undergoing a full room renovation, floor by floor, and everything down to the desk chair will be getting changed. As a loyal Marriott employee, I am excited you have decided to make the switch from Hilton and I hope that upon your return we can help justify that switch a little bit more. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. From Freddie in the Bistro, to Lina the morning breakfast hostess. Great food in the new Bistro both for breakfast and dinner. Lobby completely renovated and has that 'WOW' factor. Stayed at the hotel for business and was able to utilize many of the amenities offered including the hotel gym, outdoor pool, bbq area and business center. Front desk were wonderful including the AGM Joseu, Jessica in the Sales Department and the meeting room staff. All in all a great place for business, convenient to shopping and the beach and downtown area. Special thanks to Mark George for his attention to detail with our meeting.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business