“WONDERFUL !!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
rio de janeiro
“WONDERFUL !!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Very FRIENDLY staff, my check in was very early. I had a problems with my wife. The staff´s help me and the check out was late. THANK´S A LOT

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, December 15, 2009
Dear chagas1,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North in December. I hope your wife is better now and I am glad my team was able to help you. I also appreciate you taking the time to share such nice comments with the TripAdvisor community. I wish you and your wife safe and adventurous travels.

Joel Darr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I usually don't participate in surveys but recently I stayed at the Marriott North Fort Lauderdale location for over 25 nights over a three month period. This hotel's customer service and attending to my every need was the best I have experienced over my 35 years in business. I had a rough day and I was going to the lobby to go outside to smoke a cigar and relax. It all started with Jeff Raiola having enough feeling to notice what I was doing and suggested I go to the Concierge Lounge where there is an outside patio where I can be more relaxed and have my cigar. He went down to his office and followed me up to the lounge and gave me a cigar ashtray to use on the patio. This made my night. It was quiet on the patio and much more relaxing than the outside lobby would have been. This was possible because Jeff Raiola the night manager was thinking customer service and what he can do to give the best experience as possible for his customers when they are away from home. On another occasion, Jeff Raiola opened the Concierge Lounge when it was closed so I could re-create a file I lost on the only computer that had a USB port in the hotel. I re-created the file and all was good. Another event that relieved the stress. On another occasion a few weeks later, Keith Brown the Concierge manager after the cigar ashtrays were missing, went out and purchased with his own money a cigar ashtray for the lounge he could offer his customers. He really is a people person and wants to give his customers the best service and experience when they walk into his lounge. That is customer service at it's best. The rooms were fantastic and the beds were more comfortable than my home. The front end manager Alex Blanco was fantastic booking my stays along with a friendly staff Danny who was a pleasure to talk to about fishing. One Great Hotel!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Dear JLykens,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about my team with the TripAdvisor community. I have already shared your comments with my entire team and celebrated each member you personally recognized. I am thrilled that you have been able to enjoy our award winning Concierge Lounge, it is very nice but it warms my heart to read about the service. Please stop by and say hello next time your in town. I wish you exciting and safe travels!

Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I recently got married at this Marriott on 4th of July weekend with 200 guests and it was beyond my expectations. The General Manager (Joel Darr) and Celso Ramos (Event Coordinator) were so wonderful to work with. I felt at ease throughout the whole planning process and I have both of them to thank. They both were so professional but at the same time made the planning process fun for me. I hear horror stories from my friends who have to deal with such horrible customer service at other hotels where they were having their wedding. I am so thankful that I had a great experience. I can't say enough great things about the planning process.
When the big day finally approached, I was amazed how great the wedding turned out. I couldn't of pictured it any different! Every guest raved about our food (filet and grouper) and the service. The food was fantastic and the team did such a great job of catering to us and our guests on the big day. Joel and Celso made sure everything went perfect. I didn't not have one worry throughout the whole day because I knew they were taking care of everything for us and they allowed us to enjoy every second. Even my glass of champagne never went half empty. It was unbelievable the treatment we received! Every bride and groom should feel the way we did about our wedding day and this could of never happened without the team at Marriott!! Many of friends can't wait to get married there one day and I look forward to remembering that day forever!! Joel is doing such a great job running that hotel and has such a great staff! There is not one complaint I have for this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2009
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, November 17, 2009
Dear Kat9up,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful wedding story with the Trip Advisor community. I am thrilled you enjoyed the quality of food and service the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North provided you on your special day. I look forward to having the opportunity to host your Silver and Gold anniversary parties here at the Marriott North. Please keep in touch and I wish you an exciting, adventurous marriage.

Atlanta
Reviewed October 13, 2009

good location, nice, clean hotel, good food, excellent service, incredible, helpful staff

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Atl9
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, October 19, 2009
Dear Atl9,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North with the important Trip Advisor community. I will share your feedback with my team and celebrate their success. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit with us.

Happy travels!

South Carolina
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Customer Service
First I would like to say, I will give this hotel a 4 for customer service alone. When we arrived, I was met and welcomed at the door by the desk clerk. We arrived early and he was able to provide a room with a great view on the 14th floor. Before we went up I told the desk clerk we were in town for a high school football game. The concierge and desk clerk proceeded to give me directions and told me we were less than 2 miles away from the stadium. After we went to the room, we decided we were hungry and wanted to go get something to eat. We went back down stairs and was looking for the concierge when one of the bellmen asked us if he could help. We told him we were looking for a recommendation for a place for lunch. He stopped what he was doing and gave us a recommendation and directions to this fabulous place. The name was Blue Moon Fish Company. It was absolutely fabulous.
Rooms
On the surface the room looked nice. However, there were areas of opportunity in this category. The security lock on our door was broken and actually hanging on the door. Since we were only going to be at the hotel 1 night, we didn't want to push the issues.
The bed was really comfortable, but the pillows, although they were beautiful were very uncomfortable. That wasn't just my opinion, but it was my husband's as well. I woke up with a headache from sleeping on the pillow.
The bathroom was small with the vanity on the outside of the bathroom. The door to the bathroom appeared pretty worn as it was showing signs of wear on the bottom with the door cracking. Also, the shower curtain in the bathroom was the most wrinkled shower curtain I had ever seen in a hotel.
Conclusion
I would definitely come back to this hotel. It was clean and very customer service oriented. In addition, I was able to print out our boading passes for the our flight in the hotel's business area without there being a charge.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gvldiva
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Dear gvldiva,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted that you were able to experience the award winning service Marriott Fort Lauderdale North is well known for. I am even more thrilled to read that you found our hotel extremely clean. I have shared your feedback regarding the door & lock with my Maintenance team and ensure you it has already been repaired. The shower curtain has been removed and replaced with a brand new one. As for the Pillows, the big one’s are decorative, most people set them aside at night just like at home. Gvldiva, thank you again for the feedback, I truly appreciate you helping us improve and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott North over Labor Day weekend. I know the area and expected that this would be a business type hotel would be dead on a holiday weekend and understaffed. The hotel was indeed quite slow, but service and attention by the staff by no means suffered. Jeffery, who was in charge of the lounge on our first night, was outstanding. He was pleasant to speak with and provided useful information on what to do and where to dine. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that the lounge would be open on Sunday night, again staffed by Jeffery, and enjoyed a very nice snack before theatre. Finally on Monday our request for a late check-out was met without hesitation and the front manager said that he was happy to help us out. I will be writing to the hotel to commend the service and attention given to us by the staff.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fwfdan
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
Dear FWFDAN,

Thank you very much for taking the time to recognize Jeffrey and the entire team at the Marriott North. I am ecstatic to hear that my team is performing at peak levels even when our occupancy is lower than normal. I am also happy to see that you were able to enjoy our leisure amenities and location during the holiday weekend. Many people do not realize how great of a value our hotel is on the quite weekends, you can really enjoy South Florida for a great value by staying just off the beach with us. I wish you safe and exciting future travels and thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North.

Maryland
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott because our accommodations at the FL Ramada were so bad that the trip package company agreed to move us. We have never been welcomed so warmly and treated so well. Upon our arrival the desk receptionist, Alex, told us "as long as your are within these four walls, you will be treated well" - what an understatement! Our server at lunch, Luis, completely understood my dietary restrictions due to celiac sprue (no gluten) and was able to advise me as to what foods on the menu were safe for me. He also made substitutions, and then brought us carry-out boxes so that we could take some fresh fruit with us. We met the manager, Joel Darr, and were able to share our story and our gratitude for such lovely accommodations and service. He was professional, personable, and remembered us each time we passed him in the hotel. The dining room manager, Dookie, was equally welcomong and kind. Meal service each time was absolutely impeccabel. Our room was newly and beautifully decorated, spotless, comfortable, quiet. At first, we thought perhaps the hotel staff assumed we were celebrities, although we do not remotely resemble the first family, or any movie stars. However, it soon became clear that this is the Marriott standard. The Marriott family and this hotel especially are to be commended for such high standards and personal service. We wish we had the opportunity to stay longer in such a fine establishment. Thank you, Marriott! Gemma Hoskins and Paul Zins, Maryland

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelingteacher52
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, August 13, 2009
Dear Gemma and Paul,

WOW, I do not believe I have ever had the pleasure to read such wonderful comments in my 24 year career with Marriott. I certainly do remember you and truly enjoyed the interactions we had. It is very easy for us to take great care of such nice people. It was our pleasure to show you our best and we all look forward to your next visit. I will pass your comments on to Alex and Mookie as well as the other deserving associates at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North. Thank you for recognizing my team and their efforts. I wish you safe, rewarding travels.