“Consistent and a good value”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #25 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Although the pillows are not great, overall I like this place. After spending at least 30 nights here over the past 3 years, I now make it one of my regular spots. Located right next to the freeway, the rooms are always clean, good water pressure in the shower, and the gym is acceptable. Don't stay here for the pool, because it isn't even as nice as the average Courtyard, but few business people have time for that anyway.

They have covered parking at no charge, and a couple of decent restaurants right across the street.

Room Tip: Get on the SE side to have a nice view of the city in the distance and the sunrise is usually nice o...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Niel B, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thanks for taking time to write your review.

How nice to hear that you enjoyed our fitness center and location. We are also excited that your guest room accommodations meet your expectations. Your feedback is valued and will be shared with our team to commend them.

Please let me know when you are returning to Fort Lauderdale, I would love to welcome you personally.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,535)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I picked the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North because it had a good rate and looked like it would be not be far from the port we had to get to the next morning for a cruise, which it was.
I can't understand how this Marriott could get a bad review. We loved the place. It started by the young lady, Amy that checked me in. She was very friendly and helpful in giving me what she thought was the best location in the hotel. Thank you Amy! The rooms and location was great. Some of the past reviews said this hotel was dirty and not kept up very well. I didn't see this at all. We looked hard, and it looked great to us.
One of the biggest pluses was the restaurant! If your want a GREAT hamburger, get the Kobe burger. I think it was the best hamburger I ever had. Our server, like Amy was also very friendly.
The next time I cruise out of Fort Lauderdale this hotel will be my first choice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Royalcruiser18
Niel B, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write your review.

We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your guest room accommodations, the hotel location and had a great experience in our restaurant. We are also glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful.

Please let me know when you will be returning to Fort Lauderdale, I would love to welcome you.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was in town for my companies new building grand opening. I only stayed one night but the service at the front counter was great, I was able to check-in around 11am as soon as I arrived. I ordered lunch in the hotel restaurant as I needed to get to work quickly. I forgot to ask for my itemized receipt so I asked at the front desk the next morning upon checkout. Matilia was AWESOME. She found my receipt and made me a copy for my expenses. She could have easily said she was busy but she took the extra step to make sure I was satisfied.

Thank you Matilia. I stay in a lot of Marriott properties as it is my hotel of choice, but I had great service on this visit and it was much appreciated. The Hotel was great too, even though it right off I-95 it was surrounded by enough trees and "forest" like plants you couldn't hear the highway traffic. Very quiet, very nice and everything was great.

Will return not only for business but even for vacations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for taking time to post your review.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the interactions with our staff, our restaurant and our guest room accommodations met your expectations. Our hotel location is next to a natural preserve, therefore, it offers a very peaceful environment. Your comments are very important to us and will be shared with our team to commend them.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before a cruise. The staff was very friendly and outgoing & made us feel welcome. The location is an easy drive to/from the airport and there are some eateries nearby. It's also not too far to drive to supermarkets & big box stores if you need to stock up on anything before a cruise. There is free parking which is a plus as many full-service hotels in this area charge for parking. The rooms could use a bit of a touch-up but were still comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant, the food was pretty good and again the staff there was also friendly. My one complaint was that all the public areas were over-airconditioned and freezing, but this seems to be common in Florida.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank globeseekerpa
Niel B, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thanks for taking time to write your review. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our guest room accommodations, breakfast, hotel location and our staff interactions made you feel welcome. Your feedback will be shared with our team to commend them.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked this room for the weekend on priceline.com. The staff was very friendly at the front desk and we was able to get an early check in! The room was clean and comfy beds! I liked the fact that parking was free too!! It's across the street from a shopping strip with a few restaurants to choose from. It's also close to the Isles casino!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monniet1
Niel B, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thanks for taking time to write your review. It's nice to know that you found our front desk staff helpful and you enjoyed your guest room accommodations. As you mentioned, our location is very convenient to restaurants within walking distance and close to various attractions.

Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with our staff to commend them.

Please let me know when you will be returning, I would love to welcome you.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I'm a Marriott Platinum Member and have traveled to many Marriott hotels but at this property I was very impressed by the dining room staff that was on for breakfast each morning. ESPECIALLY the hostess called "Mookie". She greeted every guest with a smile and a "GOOD MORNING" . It was very interesting watching how she quietly controlled her staff while serving the customers. All the while handling a group meeting going on in one of the conference rooms. The property is a good "business hotel" in need of "up-grading" but the friendly staff really try to make the guest feel at home. Also had time to visit the lounge on the 15 th floor and met Paul working there assisting the business men. He served an excellent selection of food and was able to keep it looking "fresh" at all times, but always had time to answer questions.

Room Tip: The upper floors have a good view of Fort Lauderdale
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thanks so much for taking time to write a review. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed breakfast in our restaurant, our concierge lounge and that your interactions with our staff made you feel at home.

Your feedback is valued and appreciated and will be shared with our hosts to commend them.

Please let me know when you will be returning, I would love to welcome you.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Musty smell in the room ,spoke to front end desk at the end of the night nothing was done, rooms very old ,dirty smelly, not a hotel I would stay again ,when was asked how was your stay we told them bad ,they offered 2000 points rather then solving the problem,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank familywh0l0vestravel
Niel B, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write your review. Taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience is valued and appreciated. Please know I regret your expectations were not met on this visit, due to the housekeeping issues you experienced. We will share with our team to improve operations.

The next time you are in town, I would welcome an opportunity to meet so I can ensure a productive and pleasant stay.