“Great For Business Travel, Nice Pool with a View!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #25 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at this property about 6 times now due to business in the area. Overall the hotel is very nice. Make sure you are looking for the property can be a bit difficult to find as it is tucked away from the main road. The exterior is clean and plenty of FREE parking. The front desk staff has been friendly and helpful every time. They have baskets of complimentary fresh fruit and smoothies most mornings. The lobby is spacious and clean. The rooms are big with nice furnishings and clean/comfortable beds. The pool is on the 4th floor with the gym and jacuzzi. It has nice sunset views after a long day. My only complaint is that 3/6 times the housekeeper came in my room in spite of me having a do not disturb sign on the door, one time they did not even knock just barged in! There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the property. I will definitely stay at this property again for the price.

1  Thank lepapillion
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our property which includes free covered parking and our beautiful pool. I am also happy to hear that you had one of our complimentary fresh smoothies in the morning. We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I were going on a cruise, so we elected to stay at this hotel away from the hustle and bustle of tourist (and bed bugs). I was very glad that we did...The hotel was very elegant..The room was clean and decorated very nicely and the bed was ever so comfortable that I hated to leave. The staff was courteous and efficient and greeted you with a smile everytime they saw us. They also had a Gift shop that was very nice. You go to some hotels and their idea of a gift shop is a little room with snacks. The only negative I would say was that they kept the lobby sooo cold. I would and will return here most definitely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scarp62

Well, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and our staff to courteous and efficient. I do hope you enjoyed your cruise and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

By far the most disappointing Marriott to which I've ever been. The hotel is beyond old and dated - the lobby has been updated but they pump a horrible air freshener into the lobby that is so pungent I had a sore throat. However, my first clue should have been when a fellow traveler explained to me in the elevator that he stays at this Marriott every week for work and it's a dump. When I got off the elevator the A/C on my floor wasn't working. I entered my room and it smelled like something was burning. I had my room changed which I appreciated. The second room was better but still had issues. The A/C vent covers are covered with dust and grime. The air pumped out of the unit smelled like dirt. I asked for an extra blanket and I was provided with a balled up dirty, ragged blanket that looked like it had been laying on the floor in a corner somewhere. The hotel was nice enough to comp my stay which I also appreciate but also expect from the Marriott brand. I would honestly never stay here again.

5  Thank Carrie C
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry that you had problems with your A/C and the scents we use in our hotel. We do use state-of-the-art "scent machines" in our lobby and we frequently have guests inquiring where they can purchase them. I do apologize if you did not like the scent. Regarding the A/C, I am sorry that you experienced a problem. Although we maintain our units on a daily basis, there can always be a problem with any A/C unit. I am happy to hear that we did "comp" your room for the issue you had.

As you can see by almost every review below, our rooms are up to date and very clean..We do hope that you give us another chance as I feel what you experienced was an isolated incident..Thanks again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in, in any hotel, the fastest complimentary internet and exceptionally friendly staff, on every level. You get SO much more than you pay for! I was enthusiastically greeted by every member of staff. Room service was fast and the news paper every morning much appreciated. The concierge service was without flaw. Service in the bar and restaurant was friendly and prompt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Wow, thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that you found our beds to be so comfortable and our staff to be so friendly. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our fast complimentary internet and our Room Service.

We hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I had such a Great get-a-way that we are looking forward to returning in the near future!! This was our first time staying at this property,
which was quiet & just what we needed to relax.

A special Thanks to Mr. Stuart Levy for any special request that I asked prior to arriving, he made it happen. :-)

Mr. Levy Staff: Maribele, Dania & Debbie, went above & beyond with making sure that our stay was comfortable. Any time that we had a concern, they made sure to address it immediately...Now that's Customer Service!!

Also, Nathan who took care of us as well.

Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that we were able to make your first stay a special one. I am also happy to see that our entire team took such good care of you. I truly believe we have the BEST staff in south Florida and we hope to be able to host you again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice relaxing weekend. Rooms are clean and inviting. The employees are extremely nice and amazingly accommodating. Dania at the front desk was kind and tried to accommodate every request we hadk she was great.

• Stayed: August 2013
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and review. I am thrilled that you found our rooms to be "clean and inviting" and our employees to be "awesome". I am also happy to hear that Dania was so helpful. I will make sure I share with my entire team and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

a bit older, wierd hallways, but for business purposes it's good. Their internet in the room stinks...you have to go to the lobby. The breakfast buffet is good. The gym so so.

parking is easy and convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words..I am so happy to see that you found our property to be a "very nice business hotel" and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I do apologize for the speed of the internet while you were staying with us. We recently upgraded our system and usually have lightning fast speed in all of our rooms. Unfortunately, there was a network outage that affected our property and the speed was sporadic for a couple of days. However, the network was quickly restored.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!