“She went the extra mile.”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“She went the extra mile.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions. The rooms are nice and spacious, and the lobby is beautiful. Please go downstairs and try the breakfast buffet. The hotel staff was excellent especially Marie Lovely. Like a previous poster, I left an item behind in my room. After looking everywhere to find it. I called the hotel. She located it quickly and returned my call about 30 min later. she was a pleasure to speak with. She asked for my address and shipped my shoe back to me immdiately. I was very impressed with her professionalism.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our rooms, restaurant and lobby. You have no idea how pleased I was to read your comments and the fact that Marie helped you retrieve your items. I will make sure I share with my entire team and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We, a party of eight, stayed here after returning from a cruise. The lobby is beautiful, the service is great. We had some issues with the fridges, some worked, some didn't, some worked too well, aka. Froze everything. Overall, a great, clean place to stay. Staff extremely helpful and kind. Enjoyed the shuttle service which takes you anywhere within 2-3 miles of hotel. This is fabulous service, but did not find out about this from staff. Another customer told us about it. The breakfast extremely expensive, so did not partake, but got a shuttle to ihop. Very best service. Would stay again. Easy to find off highway. We enjoyed Mike, the shuttle guy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am so happy to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am especially happy to hear that our staff took such good care of you, especially Mike our van driver. We do strive to have the cleanest hotel and the friendliest staff in south Florida and I am so happy you were satisfied.

I am sorry you found our breakfast to be "extremely expensive"..We do offer a full buffet with eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, potatoes, bagels and lox, muffins, fruit and made to order omelettes at a price of $17.95 which is much lower than most competitors. However, if you do want a large breakfast, we have an ala carte menu where you can order any item you want.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you next year!
ottawa
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a chance to stay here as part of an upgrade through Carribean Cruise Line. Although the hotel is not located near the beach, I knew this beforehand, so it didn't bother me. The hotel is situated in a "jungle like" location, so there are walkways where you can look at Florida's foliage. I loved the view having breakfast there every morning..an antrium with all glass walls facing the foliage..very cool. We did have the oppurtunity to eat in the restaurant there several times..the food was very good. The restaurant was always pretty quiet.
The room was a nice size and pretty clean. Our room was located literally right next to the pool entrance, but not too many people used it..we did..the water was warm, and the jacuzzi was pretty hot!! I did notice that you can hear the entrance door opening and closing prior to the pool at all hours during the night, so if you're a light sleeper, stay away from the pool area. I loved the deck by the pool, it was very homey.
In terms of location, the drive to the beach and downtown would be about 20 minutes or so, we took a bus wherever we went. There are restaurants across the street so there are lots of dining options nearby.
The staff was always pleasant, and I loved the fruit infued water at the entrance...so cool!
Wifi worked great in my room, but there computers downstairs to use for free.
Overall, a great hotel!

Room Tip: If light sleeper stay away from pool area, maybe on the other side....
Thank sylvie.mac
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel!

I am so happy that you enjoyed our tropical setting that our lobby and restaurant overlooks. It really is like a tropical rainforest and it provides an excellent setting for relaxing and/or enjoying a meal. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed the food. I truly believe that a hotel restaurant should be a great place to eat and not just an added amenity.

Thank you once again for your kind words about our rooms, the pool and our staff. I really feel that we have the best hotel and team in south Florida and I appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about it.

We hope to see you next year!
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was a guest at the Marriot North in Fort Lauderdale April 17-18, 2013. The hotel and staff were excellent but they really went above and beyond in customer service by locating an item I left behind and sending it back to me. Marie Loveloy was especially helpful both in finding the item and calling me back to get the correct address to send it to. I was VERY impressed with her professionalism and courtesy. I would rate this hotel and staff a 10 out of 10 and will definitely stay there again when I travel to Fort Lauderdale for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to take this time to thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am so happy that you found our service to be "fabulous" and that Marie Lovely found your items. She is definitely the "best of the best" and I will share your kind words with our entire team.

Thanks so much and we hope to see you if you next time you are in Ft. Lauderdale!
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at the hotel the night before a cruise like quite a number of other people who are cruising from Port Everglades. It was ideal for what we required. The bed was comfortable but firm and as we were on the 12th floor facing the coast had a good view. Toiletries were provided and the bathroom was very good with a powerful shower. It is just a short walk from the hotel to find alternative eating places if the hotel is not where you want to eat. The rooms are very clean, the staff attentive and were willing to help with our luggage. The aircon fan was very noisy in the night but it can be turned off!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am pleased that you found our hotel to have clean rooms and comfortable beds. I am also pleased to see how our wonderful staff took such good care of you and helped you with your luggage. Service is our first priority and I am so happy that you were satisfied.

We hope to see you again soon!
New Jersey
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Hotel is well kept property, nicely located within a 2 min drive of a few restaurants, super friendly staff, very clean rooms, well kept grounds, the plush vegetation made it feel like I was in a rain forest.

will stay again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to see that you found our hotel to be "well kept" with "very clean rooms" and our staff to be "super friendly". I truly believe we have the best team in south Florida and I am glad they took such good care of you.

We hope to see you again soon!
Dickson, Tennessee
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here the night before a cruise out of Miami. The hotel was easy to find, just off 95. Not a lot of activity around. The desk personnel were very helpful checking in late and when we checked out. They gave written directions with a smile.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mcclurkans
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took such good care of you. We hope to see you again soon!