Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
$434
$351
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$179
$169
$149
$215
Hotwire.com
1,579 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungerestaurant supervisorfront deskbusiness hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetthe general managerhotel restaurantfitness centerpre cruisecruise portdanialobbyamaraftlauderdaletommy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very nice staff that from the moment you walk in they make you feel welcome.
The rooms were well maintained and the housekeeping staff was more than
efficient on a daily basis.As a marriott rewards member I was able to use the
concierge lounge and found the lounge very nice and again with friendly staff.
The pool area was very large and the pool and hot tub were well maintained
and a constant temperature. The area around the hotel gives you several choices
for dining and includes a diner that once you enter it feels like you took a step
back to the 60's. In the same plaza is a movie theater in case of those rainy days
or if you have nothing better to do.
Sort of hidden but right next to the hotel is a small nature preserve that has a rustic
boardwalk for a short stroll.
Breakfast in the hotel was good with cooked to order eggs and such.
I submitted a review card to the front desk when we left and the next day I received
an email from the General manager thanking me for the review and our stay. I find
it classy that they care enough to take time out to respond.
This hotel is worth the stay for sure.

Room Tip: Garage parking is free so don't worry about extra charges that seem to be the norm closer to the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TJ f
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed every part of your stay. Yes, we all do care about our valued guests and we will do anything to make their stay perfect. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and we very much enjoyed it. It is clean and very comfortable. The rooms are well maintained and the beds are outstanding with an abundance of pillows to choose from. The staff are friendly and professional and always willing to assist you with any inquiries you have. We enjoyed the restaurant as the menue selection is excellent and the prices reasonable. In room WiFi service is included. If you have a need to shop at a pharmacy or grocery store there are none close to the hotel however, the hotel seem willing to transport you to a Wallmart in the hotel shuttle. You might have to make arrangements to book the shuttle ahead of time depending on how busy they are. This hotel is used by a number of cruise lines so things can get pretty hectic at times. The hotel offered us a cruise breakfast buffet special for $15 each which was a good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsallan

Great review and thank you so much. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and you found our rooms to be "clean and comfortable". I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our food & beverage and that our staff took such good care of you. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is situated not far from the mail roads and Alligator Alley so if you need to meet on the east coast then cut over to the west coast, this is a great option. The hotel is older but in great shape with what looks to be a newly renovated lobby. The rooms are spacious and the balcony was a great place to sit at the end of the day. The pool looked really nice as well. The Club level breakfast room was really nice with a patio to eat outside which was great. Nice option for Ft. Lauderdale. Oh, and there's a Hooters across the street.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Broctoon

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our property so much and that you found it to be in a convenient location. Yes, we do have a brand new lobby that actually won the prestigious "Marriott Renovation Award" that we are very proud of.

I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our 15th floor Concierge Lounge. We receive many compliments as you can eat breakfast on our patio overlooking the entire city.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North for 2 nights. I travel frequently, and cannot recall dealing with a more pleasant front desk staff.They couldn't have been nicer. The hotel itself was probably a little above average for Marriott standards. The swimming pool was large and the exercise room was more than adequate. A very nice touch was the Manager's serving of hors d'oeuvres and wine each evening in the hotel lobby. The area has several nice restaurants, including a few nice ones directly across the street, including Hooters :).
The rates at this Marriott are very competitive, and I highly recommend staying at this hotel for anyone vacationing in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Benson50

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to see that you found our front desk staff to be so helpful. We do hire the friendliest people in south Florida and I am happy that they took such good care of you.

I am also thrilled that you enjoyed our amenities and the many restaurants that surround our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Beautiful property, very nice restaurant, great pool, spa and workout room. All the upsacle amenities you expect with Marriott. Very comfortable rooms with will maintained comfort. Ate in the restaurant rather than going out, very reasonably priced and food was excellent. Relaxed in hot tub for a good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean M

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to see that you found our hotel to be "beautiful" and "well maintained". I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our restaurant. We do strive to keep our guests here instead of going out to eat and I am glad that you found our food to be good and the prices fair. We hope to see you again soon!