“Between Cruise Stay”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #23 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and we very much enjoyed it. It is clean and very comfortable. The rooms are well maintained and the beds are outstanding with an abundance of pillows to choose from. The staff are friendly and professional and always willing to assist you with any inquiries you have. We enjoyed the restaurant as the menue selection is excellent and the prices reasonable. In room WiFi service is included. If you have a need to shop at a pharmacy or grocery store there are none close to the hotel however, the hotel seem willing to transport you to a Wallmart in the hotel shuttle. You might have to make arrangements to book the shuttle ahead of time depending on how busy they are. This hotel is used by a number of cruise lines so things can get pretty hectic at times. The hotel offered us a cruise breakfast buffet special for $15 each which was a good value.

1  Thank jsallan
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Great review and thank you so much. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and you found our rooms to be "clean and comfortable". I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our food & beverage and that our staff took such good care of you. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is situated not far from the mail roads and Alligator Alley so if you need to meet on the east coast then cut over to the west coast, this is a great option. The hotel is older but in great shape with what looks to be a newly renovated lobby. The rooms are spacious and the balcony was a great place to sit at the end of the day. The pool looked really nice as well. The Club level breakfast room was really nice with a patio to eat outside which was great. Nice option for Ft. Lauderdale. Oh, and there's a Hooters across the street.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Broctoon

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our property so much and that you found it to be in a convenient location. Yes, we do have a brand new lobby that actually won the prestigious "Marriott Renovation Award" that we are very proud of.

I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our 15th floor Concierge Lounge. We receive many compliments as you can eat breakfast on our patio overlooking the entire city.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North for 2 nights. I travel frequently, and cannot recall dealing with a more pleasant front desk staff.They couldn't have been nicer. The hotel itself was probably a little above average for Marriott standards. The swimming pool was large and the exercise room was more than adequate. A very nice touch was the Manager's serving of hors d'oeuvres and wine each evening in the hotel lobby. The area has several nice restaurants, including a few nice ones directly across the street, including Hooters :).
The rates at this Marriott are very competitive, and I highly recommend staying at this hotel for anyone vacationing in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Benson50

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to see that you found our front desk staff to be so helpful. We do hire the friendliest people in south Florida and I am happy that they took such good care of you.

I am also thrilled that you enjoyed our amenities and the many restaurants that surround our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Beautiful property, very nice restaurant, great pool, spa and workout room. All the upsacle amenities you expect with Marriott. Very comfortable rooms with will maintained comfort. Ate in the restaurant rather than going out, very reasonably priced and food was excellent. Relaxed in hot tub for a good.

1  Thank Jean M

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to see that you found our hotel to be "beautiful" and "well maintained". I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our restaurant. We do strive to keep our guests here instead of going out to eat and I am glad that you found our food to be good and the prices fair. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed one night pre-cruise. The room was adequate though insuffienct milk/cream and tea bags, had to look for a member of staff and managed to get some extra supplies. The hotel is very remote, we usually enjoy visiting a local mall for breakfast and somewhere to pass the hours waiting to leave for the port but it is literally in the middle of nowhere.
We asked the concierge about visiting anywhere closeby and although he was very helpful said there was nothing and would cost too much money and take too long to get a cab to a mall.
We walked for about twenty minutes and found a bakery where we had breakfast. As the hotel lobby became busier the staff were clearly irritated at the number of people waiting to leave so we were seated in a dated gloomy conference room. I would not stay here every again through choice it is just too remote.

Room Tip: I did not hear any complaints about noise either inside or outside the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SamMurrayMidlands

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the Cruise Hospitality Room. This is set-up through your Cruise company just to give you some extra space to relax and talk. I am quite surprised that you found it to be "gloomy" it as it is a brand new room that is beautifully decorated.

I am also sorry that our staff did not tell you about the shopping center that is directly across the street from us that features a steakhouse, two sports themed restaurants, a movie theater and some other stores. We also offer a complimentary shuttle van that will take you within 3 miles from our hotel including the casino.

We do hope that you do give us another chance and I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I left behind my purse when I checked out on 3/10/13. I didn't realize it until TWO days later. After numerous phone calls & not getting any answers on if it was found or not, I was frustrated and had given up. Then yesterday morning, I received a call from Marie Lovely who told me my purse was there. She was so friendly and personable that I wanted to just hug her. Her customer service skills are amazing and I feel like I could never thank her enough for helping me!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that your items were found and that Marie took such good care of you. Our housekeeping staff is extremely honest and I will make sure I share your comments. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chaired a conference that met at this hotel. The concensus was that it was not up to the usual Marriott standards. A number of individuals had preferences in their Marriott profile (e.g. room away from elevator) and these requests were not fulfilled. It took several requests to have problems solved. In general, things were just O.K., but we were expecting something better than average.

Room Tip: If you have any preferences, don't rely on it being in your profile. Review preferences at chec...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for your group not being able to get all their room requests honored. When the contact person reserves the rooms, their are specific guidelines that they have and they may not meet the needs of all of your guests. We hope that you do give us another chance.