“Wow...What a GEM. First class service!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Wow...What a GEM. First class service!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here during the holidays and couldn't be more impressed. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by the staff and given a nice glass of red wine. Check in was a breeze and the bellman helped us to our room. The hotel was extremely busy and bustling. However, we were treated as though we were the only ones there.

The next day, we had a wonderful breakfast buffet and all the waitresses made us feel so special. There were managers everywhere asking how our stay was. The room was clean and we even walked along the beautiful nature preserve adjacent to the lobby.

I never write reviews but I felt I must tell people how great this hidden gem is. Keep up the good work and we will be back next year!!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank JaxFla20
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I am so happy to see that our staff treated you so well and you enjoyed your room. I truly believe we have the BEST team in south Florida and we can't wait to host you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Tennessee
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was supposed to be enjoying a free room as reimbursement for terrible service last year. Unfortunately, my experience was exactly the same. Despite being assured that the restaurant was fully operational we waited over 15 minutes for anyone to even notice us. Eventually we walked out exactly the same as last year. I will not accept any free rooms at this hotel - in fact, they could not pay me to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and stay away from the restaurant. Make sure you are well away from the pool unles...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clogtowner
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry that you had to wait 15 minutes to be seated in our restaurant. This is not the way we normally operate as you can see by our excellent reviews on Tripadvisor, especially the reviews regarding our restaurant. We do hope that you do give us another chance and I do apologize for letting you down.
Silicon Valley, CA
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here Christmas eve for one night before flying home from a 10 day vacation. It may have benefitted by comparison from our staying at the Ivey Inn in Everglades City (very basic) two nights before, and the Crowne Plaza the first night of our trip, but we found this a very nice hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable, room very pleasant, staff pleasant, there was a little wine and cheese happy hour. There are restaurants and a movie theatre just a block away, though Christmas Eve only two of those restaurants were open and were very crowded. We're happy we returned to the hotel restaurant, which was very reasonably priced and the food was really good. I had a veggie burger and grilled veggies - veggies were perfectly cooked, not oily, with fresh herbs. Husband had a chicken wrap, which was really good. Only issue our room was not well sound proofed: we were around the corner from the very noisy ice and vending machine room (needs a door), and we can hear other rooms' doors slamming shut.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmyPP
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I am especially happy to see that you found your bed to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our restaurant..We feel that a hotel restaurant should not just be an amenity and our Chef makes sure that all items are fresh, well prepared and not overly expensive. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for a pre cruise stay for 1 night. We arrived at about 8pm and couldn't really be bothered going to the restaurant for a long day travelling. No menu in room but was soon provided and room service was adequate.
Rooms basic and clean. Beds very small not sure of they were supposed to be 2 large single beds or 2 small double beds. If they are the latter they were definitely too small for two average people and me and partner slept separately for the first time in a long time.

Reception staff great though and they provided us with a bottle of cold water in the morning while waiting for the coach. Didn't see others getting this.

We walked down to the shops nearby in the morning for breakfast to the moonlight diner which was great and reasonably priced.

Would stay again if I had a cheap deal or pre cruise.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Louiangel
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to see that you found our rooms to be clean and that our staff took good care of you. In regards to the beds, we have mostly kings and many doubles. I can assure you that we do not have any rooms with 2-single beds as they are all full size. We hope to see you again soon!
Fort Lee, NJ
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Throughout my entire stay at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, I felt staff members go above and beyond their call of duty to meet my expectations. While the hotel isn't located in a prime location, the service is truly top notch. Everything I needed was made available and shuttle rides were available to local areas. Carolina Stone, Michael, Tony and all additional members of the staff made me feel as if I were at home. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Smoked salmon, omelets, and delicious strawberries made it to my plate each morning. If you are looking for a service-oriented hotel, then try this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank josi87
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and your breakfast experience. I truly believe we have the BEST team in south Florida and I am happy to see that Carolina, Michael & Tony took such good care of you. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our wonderful buffet. The smoked salmon is a big hit with our guests..Hope to see you again soon!
Lytham St Annes
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Looking forward to staying at the Marriott on 21st February 2013 prior to joining Celebrity Equinox for a 10 day cruise. This is an 80th birthday family celebration (mum being 80) so would hope the general manager is able to make this short stay memorable. can't wait to leave the cold weather of the UK behind

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Happy Birthday to your Mum!! We will definitely make it a memorable experience for her big day..Please email me directly with the reservation details at stuart.levy@marriottnorth.com and I will make sure you are all well taken care of! See you in February.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've organized several board meetings for a well-known national organization/non-profit at this hotel and each time our members stay and meet here, they have a pleasant experience. I organize a lot of meetings for this particular group all across the state of Florida throughout the year and there's always at least one thing someone will gripe about; smoky rooms, poor tub drainage, outdated furnishings, insects, not-so-great food, etc. I get above average feedback when they stay here. Banquet service food is excellent. Staff and organizer are always helpful and accommodating whether it's related to a room situation or adjusting the temperature of the meeting space. They also make planning the event as hassle-free as possible; very flexible as needs and plans change. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business-related stays and excursions. I'm writing this review now, after at least 3 events, because I'm pretty sure our wonderful experiences aren't a fluke. It really is a nice place. Whenever our group needs South Florida meeting space, this is my go-to hotel, now...unless they're already booked for the time we need or seasonal prices put them out of our budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review..I am so happy to see that you and your member enjoy our property..I agree that we have a "top notch" staff and I am happy that you continue to use us for your meetings. We are looking forward to seeing you next time!