“Marriott member, 1st time here”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Nice friendly staff & modern lobby, good concierge services, top floor great views, King room bathroom counterspace cramped for 2 people compared to other Marriotts, a skinny walk out balcony with not enough room for chairs but nice to walk out on, close to walk to Regal cinema, would stay again due to proximity to I-95 access for business traveling.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your nice review and I am happy that you enjoyed your first time here. Our new lobby is our focal point of our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed it as well as the magnificent views. We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We love staying at Marriots. Awesome beds, nice televisions, comfortable sheets and pillows, just can't beat it. This one was typical Marriot comfort and certainly worth staying. But please remember, do NOT feed the raccoons, they are wild animals and you must respect them as such and don't blame the Marriot if you let your children play with wild animals. Bonus travel idea, I've decided not to use shaving cream any more, and will only use the facial soap provided by Marriot, seems to leave my skin softer and better shaven than the best shaving cream. Imagine that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our super comfortable beds and amenities. I truly feel that we have the best beds in the industry, as well as the best linen package. I am also thrilled to see that you enjoyed our large flat screen TV's. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night prior to cruising on Island Princess. We will definitely stay there if ever in Fort Lauderdale again. Every staff member we dealt with was very courteous, responsive, professional and helpful. We want to give a very special thank you to Jasmine at the front desk, what great personality and ambassador for Marriott.

They also have an excellent breakfast in the concierge room. Great facility Marriott.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay before your cruise. I am also thrilled to hear that our staff took such great care of you. We are very lucky to have associates like Jasmine. We hope to see you the next time you are in Ft. Lauderdale!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The restaurant at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North has a hostess/waitress by the name of Mookie Seat. She has been an outstanding hostess/waitress for years. She is mainly responsible for bringing us back to the Marriott restaurant. The hotel keeps changing managers but she always makes us feel welcome. I am a lifetime platinum with Marriott and your lucky to have an employee like this. Robert Baer #017590308 CEO of Baer's Furniture

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Robert B

Thank you so much for your comments regarding Mookie. As a Lifetime Platinum Member, we really appreciate the loyalty you have shown. We are very lucky to have Mookie and I appreciate your kind words. See you for breakfast!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I went there some time ago with my wife and son. While I was in business conferences, they enjoyed pretty much the hotel infrastructure, including an wonderful pool and the convenient access to the beach. I would definitively come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sergio D

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our wonderful pool and the easy access to the beach. I am so happy that you enjoyed our location and facilities and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have stayed at this particular Marriott previously but it was a number of years ago. The lobby has been remodeled and it is clean and fairly bright. Front desk reception was efficient and quick. There is a restaurant that serves break fast and dinner. I am not sure about lunch.

My room was as reserved with a king bed and an updated pillow top mattress and linens and was very comfortable. There is an HD TV with user interface that allows connection of an HD device such as a PC or other HD video player along with audio and S video as well as VGA input from your PC. This seems to be a fairly frequent offering at regular Marriott hotels. You won't see this at the lower priced properties like a Fairfield. The room was clean and everything you should have in the room was there.

Wireless internet service was free. I use an iPad quite a bit and the wireless frequently requires you to repeatedly accept the terms and conditions of service when using this device. A tad annoying. Not so for the notebook PC.

This hotel, like many in the Ft. Lauderdale area is a choice for those taking cruises that kick off on a Sunday. So folks show up a Saturday throughout the day and the place gets quote busy at times. Breakfast was such an occasion as my Sunday morning was less than pleasurable. I was waiting in line to be seated and the restaurant was full up. The only place to sit was at the then closed bar. I was 15th in line and eventually was seated at the bar. The bar stools were not comfortable and I had to tag a server to get cream and sugar for the coffee. The buffet was so-so. Nothing really exceptional. In hindsight I should have had breakfast brought up, although based on the crowd, I may have waited quite a while for delivery.

There is a fitness center on the 4th floor where it has been for years. I was less than impressed with the bike equipment. One wasn't working properly and had a totally loose handlebar.display and the other two had jittery TV displays that were difficult to watch. The place looks pretty much like it did the last time I was there years back.

I can't really put my finger on it, but the place seems to be tired. like it really needs something new to make it jump. It's clean and fairly well maintained but something is missing, hence my review title. Okay, but nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you came on a day when we were extremely busy. It is very rare that you are unable to get a table in our restaurant. We have a lounge nearby that we use as "overflow". We just started using that again so situations like your can be alleviated. Thanks for letting us know.

Our fitness center is state-of-the-art...We have many pieces of new equipment and we do have a monthly service contract on everything in there. We did have some issues that were corrected immediately. Again, your feedback helps and we appreciate your honest review. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

For the last 15 years I've been going to the Marriot Hotel for Breakfast and lunch with my wife and family. What I like the most about this particular restaurant is, the service that the staff provides, like Melania and Mookie, as soon as we walk into the restaurant. They make you feel like you are something special and they treat you always with a great smile. These ladies are trully very professional and there are always available to help you. They are super "Great" and in my opinion they need to be acknoledge by management for the great service they both provide us. By the way the food is not bad either.

Respectfully yours Ed Lugo

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our restaurant service. We are very lucky to have associates such as Melania and Mookie. They truly are the face of our hotel and I am so happy they take good care of you. See you in the restaurant again soon!