“Excellent service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scotland
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

What a lovely hotel and great staff. We stopped off here when we were touring on bikes and staff couldn't have been friendlier and were very interested in our bikes even advising the safest place to park them overnight. I was overheating when we arrived and I was offered water right away. The glass of wine with nibbles before dinner was a lovely touch and getting to speak to the sous chef was a great touch too. Dinner was very nice as was breakfast and the staff came out to wave us off. All goes to making you feel like they care. Wish more hotels were like this.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I see that you were well taken care of by our staff . We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and I feel it should start when you first walk in the door. Our "wine welcome" is just the beginning and I am so happy that you connected with our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Spring Hill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was very clean. Inside was shockingly nice. I was wowed when I entered. The staff was very courteous and friendly. We had a problem with our tv and a member of their maintenance was up to our room within minutes to fix it for us. Staff members were all over asking whether any assistance was needed or if they could help in any way. Our room was beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable. Jacuzzi & pool area were very nice. As was the fitness area, top of the line fitness equipment. I would recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Earnhardt3fan88
Thank you so much for your positive review. I am so happy to see that you found our hotel to be clean and beautiful. I am also thrilled that our staff took good care of you. I truly feel that we have the best staff in south Florida. We hope to see you again soon!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is off the beaten path north and west of town. From the outside it looks run of the mill but once you are inside be prepared to be wowed. The place is not fancy but very clean and well organized.
And the staff goes out of their way to make your stay perfect. Leaders are visible in the public areas making sure everything runs smoothly. Everyone greets you and servers remember your preferences. I was on business and our group was treated very well. Room was well organized and stocked with high end bath products. Pool is large and fitness room small but more than adequate with modern cardio and universal weight machines and plenty of free weights. Both r open 24 hrs. There's a huge tv in area off lobby and two computers for guest use

• Stayed September 2012
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy to see that you noticed our entire team throughout the hotel. We feel that everyone should be visible to speak to our valued guests and to help with whatever they may need. I am also happy to see that you found our property to be clean and and well organized. We do pay attention to detail and I am glad you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!
Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed here several times recently. Like the previous reviewer I do not get upgraded rooms, or at least I dont think I do.

That said, the front desk staff is really nice. They always great you with wine and bottled water.

Some rooms are much quieter than others as far as traffic noise. The traffic noise isnt horrible, but if you are sensitive to it they will put you in a room on the quiet side.

Overall its a great value for money hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that our staff took wonderful care of you. We do offer complimentary wine and water upon check-in. It is just our way of saying "welcome".

We hope to see you again soon!
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good, but not very memorable. I usually get upgraded to the exec floor but not at this one. The location and my friends status was the reason we chose this property. The staff was nice and the rooms were standard Marriott.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank joelinda
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our great location, our rooms and our staff. I am sorry to see that you were not upgraded to one of our Executive floors. However, we do still give you all the amenities that you would expect as a Marriott Rewards Member. We hope to see you again soon!
Newburgh, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Located in the corporate section of town but easily access to the beach.... About 8 miles away....and buses, rental cars...etec. It was a good stay here. I was disappointed at first cause I wanted a beach hotel...but it was what I needed.... Quiet. Peaceful. Professional.

Walking distance to a great small mall area.

Room Tip: Not near any beaches....so if that's what you want pick a closer to beach hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your kind review and I am happy to see that you enjoyed our property. We hope to see you when you are down in the Ft. Lauderdale area next time.
Harlem, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

When my friend and I arrived, we were greated right way by the bellman. The clerk was very professional and friendly. She offered bottled water and had sympathy as we vented about the previous hotel. Our rooms were clean and neat and the balcony view was beautiful. The food was so excellent that we ordered a second time. I definitly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words. It seems that our staff took very good care of you and I am so happy they were all attentive and compassionate. I truly feel we have the best team in south Florida. I am also happy to see that you found our rooms to be clean and the food to be "excellent". We hope to see you again soon!