“Quick Overnight”

TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West
Ranked #69 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were on our way to Grand Bahama Island via Balearia Express. Chose this unit as it was one of the lowest priced and yet still a 15 minute drive to the dock. Very comfortable unit and easy check in. The only drawbacks that we found were the access from the highway was difficult, the sign was not very visible due to the foliage around it and not enough parking near your unit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rickydee48

Reviewed January 26, 2014

With have experienced a stay of 8 consecutive nights in early january and we have to say that the place is very convenient, the first day they upgrade for the 1st week in a 2 double rooms studio instead on one room with separate living room. The kitchen was well equipped and have all facilities required for a long stay, pay tv channel with large screen available, continental b.fast and laudry facilities. The staff is always smiling and welcoming which give you good feeling on your way back, always available to give you some advise. The surrounding is nothing special but was ha nice gardens with even a barbecue facility, we however choose this location because close to the executive airport.
I recommend this place with no doubt being of the hotel industry myself, thnak you to all the staff to make our stay a nice memory.

Room Tip: Choose a studio in main Building A laudry and breakfast are serve here as well as reception aera, if...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Totti5
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was the first leg of our visit to Florida. Jasmine (I think that's her name) was pleasant and helpful at check in. We were disappointed to find the pool closed during our stay. We did, however take advantage of an activity posted in the lobby. The 3rd Annual Stone Crab and Seafood Festival at Esplandade Park in downtown Fort Lauderdale. We enjoys some local entertainment and food. We also got to walk down Las Olas Boulevard while downtown.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chetley63
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Make sure you have plenty of time to check in - despite having reserved 2 weeks ahead of my stay, I was told upon arrival, "I'll check if there is a room available". Travelling with small children, having to wait 45 minutes to check in while staff obviously scrambled to make a room ready was difficult.
The room in building two was in dire need of renovation and the breakfast room is dingy.
Breakfast is limited to cold cereal and breads, muffins and pastries were vending machine standard.
I have stayed at other Marriott family locations and none were as poor as this - my 12 year old summed it up eloquently, "how come we didn't stay at a Hilton?" - next time we will

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to a cruise- hotel staff said it was close to the terminal- 30 minutes and a $50 cab ride later we arrived at the cruise terminal. Back to the hotel property... Building two is across the parking lot and is dark, fowl smelling, and creepy. The toilet ran all night long. There was a mysterious white substance all over the remote control. There was an ant infestation in the bathroom (the staff was gracious enough to stop by and spray.) The general location is sketchy at best- I wouldn't venture out alone after dark. I've stayed in Marriott properties all over the country and this was terrible. The only redeeming quality was the friendliness of the front desk staff. I have pictures of the remote and the ants that is will post as soon as I can figure out how.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ginger2074
TownePlaceLauderdale, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review,

I would like to apologize. At the time of your stay, we were in the middle of a renovation and I understand your frustrations. With all the problems that arose on your overnight stay, I must reiterate that we have gone through a full renovation and the improvements are complete. We take all of our guest reviews seriously, whether they are good or bad. I am confident the hotel has been much improved since your stay and we look forward to serving all our guests.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

For my job, when I travel I tend to drive quite a bit. Being able to access local major highways are a must, and I have to say that this particular TownePlace Suites is in a good location. The hotel was right smack in the middle between the I-95 and the Florida turnpike. There were also a couple of other things that I liked- I had a very early flight and they let me check in early. Plus, the staff from the front desk to the cleaning staff were all very friendly. The hotel was very clean, and it also seems they are still making improvements. The one draw back was the pool area, which was a little on the small side. Plus, the pool could have been a bit cleaner. Otherwise, the lobby looked great and the free lemonade and coffee was a nice little perk!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed October 6, 2013

during my summer vacations past 2 days in this nice hotel, a great location with a very profesional service. the rooms have all you can need and more with free wifi and more. If you are planinig a long stay in the town this is a good option. Totally Recomend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alvaro S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/...
#48 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
3 mi away
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#25 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Ft. Lauderdale I-95 Inn
Best Western Ft. Lauderdale I-95...
#65 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
5 mi away
Casitas Coral Ridge
Casitas Coral Ridge
#39 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#96 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West? Share your experiences!