“Avoid!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Avoid!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to a cruise- hotel staff said it was close to the terminal- 30 minutes and a $50 cab ride later we arrived at the cruise terminal. Back to the hotel property... Building two is across the parking lot and is dark, fowl smelling, and creepy. The toilet ran all night long. There was a mysterious white substance all over the remote control. There was an ant infestation in the bathroom (the staff was gracious enough to stop by and spray.) The general location is sketchy at best- I wouldn't venture out alone after dark. I've stayed in Marriott properties all over the country and this was terrible. The only redeeming quality was the friendliness of the front desk staff. I have pictures of the remote and the ants that is will post as soon as I can figure out how.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ginger2074
TownePlaceLauderdale, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review,

I would like to apologize. At the time of your stay, we were in the middle of a renovation and I understand your frustrations. With all the problems that arose on your overnight stay, I must reiterate that we have gone through a full renovation and the improvements are complete. We take all of our guest reviews seriously, whether they are good or bad. I am confident the hotel has been much improved since your stay and we look forward to serving all our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2013

For my job, when I travel I tend to drive quite a bit. Being able to access local major highways are a must, and I have to say that this particular TownePlace Suites is in a good location. The hotel was right smack in the middle between the I-95 and the Florida turnpike. There were also a couple of other things that I liked- I had a very early flight and they let me check in early. Plus, the staff from the front desk to the cleaning staff were all very friendly. The hotel was very clean, and it also seems they are still making improvements. The one draw back was the pool area, which was a little on the small side. Plus, the pool could have been a bit cleaner. Otherwise, the lobby looked great and the free lemonade and coffee was a nice little perk!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott S
Ciudad Bolivar, Venezuela
Reviewed October 6, 2013

during my summer vacations past 2 days in this nice hotel, a great location with a very profesional service. the rooms have all you can need and more with free wifi and more. If you are planinig a long stay in the town this is a good option. Totally Recomend

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alvaro S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at many Towneplace hotels and they have always been great. As a long term facility, I would stay if the price were a little lower. Since I live in hotels, I look at many factors. Price is not always the main one, but in this case I do feel if the price were lower it may attract lots more business for longer terms clients. If that's what they want. If not, the overall score I'd give it is 5 on a 1-5 scale. Great customer service oriented staff, right next to ft laud executive airport.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Robbie Y
NORTH CAROLINA
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend for a wedding and I must say it was a good value. They offer a continental breakfast, late check outs and easy check in. The hotel is ideal for someone with a family. Housekeeping comes around 2pm in the afternoon and pretty much only changed towels. I though to myself what a waste of water when our housekeeper put 1 plate and ran the dishwasher on heavy wash. I stopped the washer and just hand washed it myself. Other then that everyone was really friendly and this stay was uneventful. Good Value for what you receive.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from stairs
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LIKETOTRAVEL125
TownePlaceLauderdale, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear guest,

We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it's important for us to know. I have addressed your housekeeping concerns with the appropriate departments. We do make every effort possible to ensure our suites are of the highest quality and standard. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you'll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Safe travels!

Denise Bushover
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel's staff was nice and friendly. The reason we stayed at this hotel, even though it was a little far from the family we were visiting, was the price for the room. However there were several flaws to the stay. One is that the hotel consists of two buildings. The office, breakfast area, laundry room, pool, etc. are all in Bldg. A. There is no cover between the two buildings so if you stay in Bldg. B and it is raining you will get wet walking to breakfast, getting to the business center, etc. The lack of an overhang or driveway cover makes for a soggy loading and unloading when you arrive and leave. We had a handicap accessible room which meant there was only a shower in the room. The shower's drain did not drain very well so you were always standing in water while taking a shower. There was a problem with ants but we were able to move items out of the cabinets in the kitchen. I read on another review that there was no elevator but they do have one in each building...you just have to go looking for it. When you walk in the door for Bldg B, that is across from the Office, you have to go through the inside door, turn left and walk to the end of the hall. The breakfast is continental....mini bagels, toast, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, juice and milk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank O J
California
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 days because it offers a 2 bedroom room with reasonable price. It also has free Internet and parking. The staff is friendly and pleasant. The room is spacious and has 3 TVs with kitchen. Several things made me deduct 2 stars, however. These include very basic continental breakfast (I have stayed in other TownePlace with better choice of breakfast), the lack of an elevator, uncomfortable beds and no spa in the premise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family