Stayed one night prior to a cruise- hotel staff said it was close to the terminal- 30 minutes and a $50 cab ride later we arrived at the cruise terminal. Back to the hotel property... Building two is across the parking lot and is dark, fowl smelling, and creepy. The toilet ran all night long. There was a mysterious white substance all over the remote control. There was an ant infestation in the bathroom (the staff was gracious enough to stop by and spray.) The general location is sketchy at best- I wouldn't venture out alone after dark. I've stayed in Marriott properties all over the country and this was terrible. The only redeeming quality was the friendliness of the front desk staff. I have pictures of the remote and the ants that is will post as soon as I can figure out how.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale. This extended stay hotel offers apartment-style hotel suites that are ideal for relocations, business travel or long vacations. Start your morning off right with a complimentary hot breakfast or take advantage of our 24 Hour Fitness Center. Our suites offer Complimentary Wifi, spacious living space, 32" flat screen televisions, and full kitchens for making your own delicious meals. Conveniently located near the beach, Fort Lauderdale International Airport, and shopping centers, the TownePlace Suites is the ideal spot for extended stays and short getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale West Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Towneplace Suites