“A great, convienent choice for business stays”

TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West
Ranked #70 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 16, 2013

For my job, when I travel I tend to drive quite a bit. Being able to access local major highways are a must, and I have to say that this particular TownePlace Suites is in a good location. The hotel was right smack in the middle between the I-95 and the Florida turnpike. There were also a couple of other things that I liked- I had a very early flight and they let me check in early. Plus, the staff from the front desk to the cleaning staff were all very friendly. The hotel was very clean, and it also seems they are still making improvements. The one draw back was the pool area, which was a little on the small side. Plus, the pool could have been a bit cleaner. Otherwise, the lobby looked great and the free lemonade and coffee was a nice little perk!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Scott S

Reviewed October 6, 2013

during my summer vacations past 2 days in this nice hotel, a great location with a very profesional service. the rooms have all you can need and more with free wifi and more. If you are planinig a long stay in the town this is a good option. Totally Recomend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alvaro S
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at many Towneplace hotels and they have always been great. As a long term facility, I would stay if the price were a little lower. Since I live in hotels, I look at many factors. Price is not always the main one, but in this case I do feel if the price were lower it may attract lots more business for longer terms clients. If that's what they want. If not, the overall score I'd give it is 5 on a 1-5 scale. Great customer service oriented staff, right next to ft laud executive airport.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Robbie Y
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend for a wedding and I must say it was a good value. They offer a continental breakfast, late check outs and easy check in. The hotel is ideal for someone with a family. Housekeeping comes around 2pm in the afternoon and pretty much only changed towels. I though to myself what a waste of water when our housekeeper put 1 plate and ran the dishwasher on heavy wash. I stopped the washer and just hand washed it myself. Other then that everyone was really friendly and this stay was uneventful. Good Value for what you receive.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from stairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LIKETOTRAVEL125
TownePlaceLauderdale, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear guest,

We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it's important for us to know. I have addressed your housekeeping concerns with the appropriate departments. We do make every effort possible to ensure our suites are of the highest quality and standard. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you'll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Safe travels!

Denise Bushover

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel's staff was nice and friendly. The reason we stayed at this hotel, even though it was a little far from the family we were visiting, was the price for the room. However there were several flaws to the stay. One is that the hotel consists of two buildings. The office, breakfast area, laundry room, pool, etc. are all in Bldg. A. There is no cover between the two buildings so if you stay in Bldg. B and it is raining you will get wet walking to breakfast, getting to the business center, etc. The lack of an overhang or driveway cover makes for a soggy loading and unloading when you arrive and leave. We had a handicap accessible room which meant there was only a shower in the room. The shower's drain did not drain very well so you were always standing in water while taking a shower. There was a problem with ants but we were able to move items out of the cabinets in the kitchen. I read on another review that there was no elevator but they do have one in each building...you just have to go looking for it. When you walk in the door for Bldg B, that is across from the Office, you have to go through the inside door, turn left and walk to the end of the hall. The breakfast is continental....mini bagels, toast, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, juice and milk.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank O J
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 days because it offers a 2 bedroom room with reasonable price. It also has free Internet and parking. The staff is friendly and pleasant. The room is spacious and has 3 TVs with kitchen. Several things made me deduct 2 stars, however. These include very basic continental breakfast (I have stayed in other TownePlace with better choice of breakfast), the lack of an elevator, uncomfortable beds and no spa in the premise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian5900
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel in June 2013, and we had a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was standard and the washing facilities were affordable. The staff were extremely nice and courteous especially the clerk that greeted us upon our arrival. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adrianne W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/...
#48 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Ft. Lauderdale I-95 Inn
Best Western Ft. Lauderdale I-95...
#64 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
3 mi away
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#24 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale ...
#49 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Plantation
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#96 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West? Share your experiences!