“Big Room, Noisy hotel, no changes for guest laundry”

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York City, New York
“Big Room, Noisy hotel, no changes for guest laundry”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Big Room - very good size and it is very comfortable.

Noisy hotel - we stayed there for a weekend, and there were so many guests in the hotel and it was so noisy.

$44 taxi ride from airport.

Free Parking

There was Guest Laundry, but the reception did not provide quarters exchange and asked me to go to the bar. The bar did not provide either. Very bad service...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences, we hope you give us another chance at making your next stay a more memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here for the 4th of July Weekend. The hotel was very nice and the rooms were clean and had a refrigerator and microwave as well as a little den in the front. We were on the 6th floor and had a small balcony with a pretty good view. Be careful though because this hotel charges you for everything. We were really surprised at all of the little cost. The parking was free, but you have to pay for the breakfast and the internet is $9.95 per day. All of the hotels we have stayed at in the past gave you a free breakfast and free internet. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We ordered room service the first night we were there and the food was really good however, we placed our empty tray with the empty plates just outside of our room for pick up and it stayed there until we checked out the third day. We were also surprised that they did not offer any shuttle services to the beach since we were 6 miles from the beach. The pool was a little crazy too. We hung out by the pool on Saturday to rest and relax and all these people kept showing up who were not staying at the hotel and they were playing loud music. Also, be careful with the deposit too, because they tell you they charge a $50 incidental fee. What they don't tell you is the $50 is per night you stay there. Overall the hotel is really nice, but they really need to work on some of the amenities and not charge you for everything under the sun.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jreeves1974
Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us.
Dacula, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I always check Trip Advisor before booking any of my accommodations, and the reviews were not very nice. I've also stayed at the Sheraton Downtown Atlanta, GA and I was highly disappointed with my stay....So I was prepared for a "not so good experience". Upon my arrival, I was so very surprise to see a lobby that supplied an eating area with a waterfall view and beautiful greenery all around. They even have turtles you can feed. My check in went so very smoothly thanks to Jackie. She was very kind and ensured that my reservations were correct. The rooms were very nice and I really like the fact that they had separate eating/living areas. We got an accessible room which came with a large bathroom which was a plus, because some people in our group said that they had small bathrooms. My time there, I only had a few small issues which were....Room service cleaned my room and forgot to supply my room with more towels and my room was charged more than the initial reservation....but Thanks to Sandos....he took care of everything and even threw in some complimentary drinks (No questions asked)...now that's superd costumer service. We decided that we wanted to check out late, thanks to Ron and his kindness, it was taken care of without any issues or complaints. Last but not least...our check out went just as smooth as my check in, thanks to Ashli. The hotel was great, the rooms were great, and the service was better than great and I will stay there again without question.

Room Tip: Accessible room have bigger bathrooms. We were in room 616 and we didn't hear any noise from the...
1 Thank tspierrelouis
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay. And how much you enjoyed the atmosphere and our staff at our hotel.
Washington DC
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This place has been recently renovated so most of the older reviews do not apply. The new decor is nice and the place is clean. You get a lot for the price, which is less than $100 for a suite with two beds in one room, and a sofa bed in the other. You also get a breakfast table, a refrigerator, a microwave and a mini sink. There is a medium size pool and a decent exercise room. There is not much in the immediate area but It is about 15 minutes to Fort Lauderdale, which is likely why it is so cheap. It can get noisy, especially if you are on the side next to the train or near the elevators. It was pretty quiet when we were there but I can imagine it being loud if there is anything going on in the atrium. The staff were nice and helpful every time we needed them. This place is not perfect, but is good for what you pay for.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of the hotel are quieter, but stay away from the elevators.
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rappel75
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your stay.
florida
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We walked into a beautiful, expansive foyer and were immediately impressed. Rooms looked down into a central Tropics meets Tuscan dining/sitting area and bar.. Checking in and out was efficient and all staff were courteous and professional. Our Suite was lovely - sitting and dining/kitchen area led through to the bedroom with two queen beds. Mattresses and pillows were too soft for us. The bathroom was small but well designed. We had some housekeeping issues with stocking the bathroom but were both times taken care of right away. The breakfast buffet is good. Very nice Pool .The parking lot has several large pot holes that need to be fixed . If you stay here ask for a room on side of hotel away from Train tracks or you will here the Trains late night and very early morning. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on side of hotel away from Train Tracks and upper floors
3 Thank jeff2411
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your comment. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our facilities.
We are currently working on correcting the parking lot issues by remodeling the parking lot along with completing the renovation of our entire property.
We hope to have you enjoying another stay with us soon
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had a very positive experience during a one night stay in mid June. The check in was smooth and there were no issues with the room. The front desk person was super nice and recommendations for local attractions and restaurants. As a SPG Gold member, I received a nice wine and cheese plate for two that was waiting for us when got to the room.. The wine was good. The hotel is located near the Fort Lauderdale airport and parking was complimentary.

I will be back in the area in early August and look forward to another stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank auf192696590
Thank you for your comment, we are glad everything went well with your visit and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to your next stay with us, and hope we make it an even more memorable experience.
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My stay was from 6/17 to 6/27. First the room service is terrible,they do not clean the room nor bathroom tub & vanity dirty not cleaned and sometimes the no towels soap or shampoo was not left,carpets not vacuumed. Then the air conditioner went out. It was hot & humid. They said they would move me to a new room, it was the same no air, just a little amount of cool air not enough to cool the room. I have ashma and was suffering plus I have to work the next day and it is too hot to even sleep and I am sweating so bad a shower will not help. Yesterday they didn't leave towels& I called and they said they would bring some,two hours later no towels so I called and they said the same thing, another hour no towels so I tried to call again and they would not answer the phone, I then walked down to the front desk and they gave me some towels. This is a nightmare and I feel like I am in a sauna. Will never stay here again! This is my corporate hotel and I plan to tell my manager about it . I have stayed here before and each time the air does not work very well but this time it I'd terrible. When I come on business I always stay 7 to 10 days. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Sheridan Cypress Creek Ft Lauderdale. This is a terrible hotel. Bad food,bad s...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jacklin B
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us at the Sheraton Suites. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not satisfied with our facilities. I have scheduled a meeting with the Housekeeping director to further discuss your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels