“More like a cheap motel than hotel”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had a rather unpleasant experience at this hotel.
On day 1 I saw a car in the hotel car park that was chocked up on bricks, and it had no wheels. Not entirely sure if it was a theft, but it was not a good look.
The hotel is old and the carpets and rooms are dirty. The bed made me itchy, and the towels were stained and dirty. The internet didn't work sporadically, and when it did was extremely slow, which is bad for a business trip. When I phoned for technical support, the cordless phone ran out of battery mid call, even though it had been charging the whole time.
One day when I went downstairs the trunk of my car was opened, and I was told there was no security footage of the car park.
The balcony door did not open properly (although there is no reason to go out on the balcony anyway)
The hotel is located next to a trailer park and a train line.
It is however quite close to some restaurants and a shopping centre which is good.
The service was sporadic. Some staff were good, others were useless.
The lobby is quite nice with the waterfall but the rooms and carpets really need a refurb.
The level of quality is more like a motel than a Sheraton hotel...

Room Tip: It is near a train line so you probably want a room away from that.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you very much for visiting with us and sharing this feedback. We sincerely apologize that our Sheraton Fort Lauderdale failed to meet your expectations. We apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered as a guest of our hotel and truly hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith and confidence in our hotel. We are pleased to report that we are currently in the beginning phases of a property renovation that we are extremely proud of and are hopeful that you will revisit us should your travel plans return you to our area.
Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I personally enjoy staying at this property for the great value. The rooms are all suites and have a refrigerator and microwave. There is a pool and gym. The only negative is that there is no club lounge however heard they are working on one, no free bottled water or coffee for preferred guests, and a bit untidy at the gym. However, none of those things would prevent me from staying there again for the price.

Room Tip: Higher floors are good however will need to wait for the elevator which may take some time.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay. And how much you enjoyed the atmosphere and our staff at our hotel. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovations to the property and we will be adding a Club Lounge for our SPG members. We hope to have you with us soon so you can enjoy this new addition.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had breakfast in Sheraton Suites and liked it. They have good options to try and have. They have muffins, fruits etc. Also close by Tri-rail. Staff is helpful.Well located closer to Fort Lauderderdale downton and Saw Grass Mall,, excelent price vs service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well located closer to Fort Lauderderdale downton and Saw Grass Mall,, excelent price vs service. All the rooms are like appartments, with kitchen appliances. Free parking. Friendly personnel. The lobby includes flexible spaces to work or relax in. Reasonable fitness center and outdoor pool.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortafle like an appartment with all kitchen appliances
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your comment; we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at this property numerous times, mainly for the value and comfort of its rooms. It's a suite hotel, right off the I-95 in a business district, but with several restaurants and stores nearby. I went on a golf vacation, and we got a superior suite with 2 queen beds and a separate sitting area on a high floor. Elevators are slow and only 2 of them, which is my only complaint. Staff is great and the garden interior, pool and hot tub are inviting and well kept. Breakfast buffet is great value with the hotel as well. Pricing is very competitive, and parking is free. We were pleased!

Room Tip: Ask for a superior suite on a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We would like to first thank you for being a loyal client and for your several previous stay at our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and am happy to hear how much you enjoyed the atmosphere and our staff at our hotel. We hope to have you with us again soon

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times before and been very happy, but this time my room was on the side of the hotel adjacent to the "Tri-Rail" line and the main road and it is also below the flight path to the local Executive Airport, so I am somewhat noise challenged. Overall, this is a nice hotel for business travelers, but beware the rooms in the "noise zone".

I hate to pile on, but also if you like to watch TV, the satellite reception here is very poor. I was regularly getting a "no signal" on my TV.

Room Tip: Stay at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

I would like to first thank you for being a loyal client and for your several previous stay at our hotel at the same time I would also like to extend my apologies regarding inconveniences with the noise, We appreciate your feedback, and hope you do give us the chance to make is right!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was skeptical about this hotel at first because I went thru a 3rd party, upon arrival I was really surprised. Paige was very nice and friendly when checking in at night. I did have a few issues throughout my stay but it will not keep me from returning only b/c the supervisor Hugh was very helpful with assisting me and resolving my issues in a timely manner. I would recommend this hotel. Pool and Jacuzzi was great, fell in love with the inside of the hotel. Anytime I am in the area again I will be staying here. You will not be disappointed

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay, I am very glad to hear you were so pleased with the service our staff provided you with, I have shared your comment with Hugh and Paige and they are both ecstatic to hear they were able to make your stay so pleasant. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.