“Not as nice as it used to be”

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chuckey, Tennessee
“Not as nice as it used to be”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and was always pleased. My stay there this time was not as nice. The towels for the pool were supposed to be out at the pool but were no where to be found and we had to go to the front desk to get some. They seem very disorganized. The bellman was quite helpful as usual and made our stay a little more pleasurable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
I would like to first thank you for being a loyal client and for your several previous stay at our hotel and I would also like to extend my apologies regarding your unfortunate experience. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not as satisfied as previous times with the performance our staff and facilities provided you with on your last stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The rooms are fine but staff were almost absent and I had to wave at someone in the back office to get someone to come onto the front desk and check me in - Not what you need after a long flight.

Breakfast was a let down but on the positive side they have a mini bus that drops people off within 3 miles

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your stay.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel has a good location, relatively clean, (although the building overall seems to be old - they said they are renovating it soon).

I still gave 5 starts/excellent, mainly because the front desk people were very nice and kind, especially SARITA, who was extremely patient and extremely KIND for all sorts of my requests (e.g., from asking for watching my laptop computer on one of the table in the lobby, getting complementary tooth brush & paste, questions about restaurants, etc....).

Whenever, wherever I travel, what I care most is how kinds the service people are, and from that sense, I had really good experience here.

(A small "drawback" of this hotel is that wireless is not free in our rooms. So, I ended up working at Lobby (where the wifi is free)).

Room Tip: They have a "birthday" sales where you pay the last two digit of your birth year, from the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us and that Sarita was able to make your stay more enjoyable. I have forwarded your comment to her and she is very happy to know she made your stay a happier one.
Denver
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel stinks. The people who work here have been terrific. The hotel itself, lousy. From the moment you arrive, the elevators don't work, don't stop on your floor, never arrive, are out of order. In the room, the carpets are so dirty that your beach shoes are more inviting than walking barefoot on the floor. The bathroom, broken sink and toilet that sticks regularly, is frustrating. The air quality in the room is lousy. The walls are soiled. The ceiling air conditioner unit is bent and dented and damaged. The wood surfaces never seem clean. Never. The chairs and beds are so overused and in need of replacement that it seems incredible that they've not yet been replaced. And ew, the bedding. Just ew. The internet rarely worked while I was there. Great rates. Lousy, truly lousy, hotel.

1 Thank DenverTravelers3
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, and are glad to hear you were happy with our staff. We would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping team and we are currently working on these issues. We are very happy to share that in the near future we will also be undergoing the process of refurbishing our hotel and look forward to sharing it with you. Once this refurbishment is completed I am certain it will make a noticeable improvement to the appearance of our rooms.

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Merrick, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The first room we were given reeked of cigarette smoke (it was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel) so we asked to be moved. The next room was just a disaster. The refrigerator was left in the middle of the room, the carpets were filthy, the floor of the shower was black, there was only one bath towel in a room for three people, the a/c unit leaked and neither television worked. There was a dirty towel left on the terrace that had cigarette butts on it and the wi-fi didn't work. Each day we went down to the desk and asked them to leave more towels because there were three people in the room. Each day when housekeeping came, they didn't leave enough so we had to trek back down for more towels. The beds are horrendous, mushy mattresses that didn't fit the box spring so if you sat on the end of the bed to get dress, the mattress would fly up in the air. To compound the problems we had, other family members were also at the hotel so we actually had a total of 5 rooms and they were all awful. The only good thing I can say about the place is that the desk staff is very nice, especially a woman named Amanda. In fact, after our first day of troubles they were nice enough to leave a tray of fruits and cheeses but the maintenance staff is so incompetent, when they put the fridge back in the cabinet they didn't plug it in so the cheese went bad. Do not stay here even if it's for free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank David S
I would like to first thank you for your stay at our hotel, and am glad to hear you were warmly received and had the opportunity to meet Amanda at our Front Desk. I would also like to extend my apologies regarding your unfortunate experience with us here at Sheraton Suites. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not satisfied with the conditions of your hotel room. Please know that we take feedback such as this very seriously and will work very hard to regain your faith & trust in our hotel.
Again I thank you for your comment and i apologize for the troubles you encountered.
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Rooms are well appointed, clean and most of al bed is comfortable! Very close to Ft. Lauderdale airport. The provide shuttles to and from the airport every half hour so very convenient. The lobby is nicely done with a bar / lounge area in the middle and a restaurant as well. Did not eat there but food smelled good. Pool area / hot tub looked nice...didn't get to use. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay. We would love to see you again soon.
USA
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The location is pretty nice, they've got a lot of restaurants and movie theaters nearby. Freeway is far enough, so our room was very quiet. It was furnished impeccably and the layout was very nice if you need to get things done on a desk while somebody else could watch TV in the bedroom.

The public areas had a 90's fashion to it, but everything was in very good shape, except for the key return box. For some reason, that one was beat up pretty well, maybe they are sad to see you go. :) Service was OK, but not great.

I don't know if it was our luck, but the clientele was a bit odd: kids interacting rudely with strangers and people barely covering their assets with small towels wrapped around them in the hallways... Maybe, this is how hotels look in the off season in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TatilSeverUS
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your comment, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We hope to have you with us again.