“Airport location”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek
Ranked #49 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Rooms are well appointed, clean and most of al bed is comfortable! Very close to Ft. Lauderdale airport. The provide shuttles to and from the airport every half hour so very convenient. The lobby is nicely done with a bar / lounge area in the middle and a restaurant as well. Did not eat there but food smelled good. Pool area / hot tub looked nice...didn't get to use. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay. We would love to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The location is pretty nice, they've got a lot of restaurants and movie theaters nearby. Freeway is far enough, so our room was very quiet. It was furnished impeccably and the layout was very nice if you need to get things done on a desk while somebody else could watch TV in the bedroom.

The public areas had a 90's fashion to it, but everything was in very good shape, except for the key return box. For some reason, that one was beat up pretty well, maybe they are sad to see you go. :) Service was OK, but not great.

I don't know if it was our luck, but the clientele was a bit odd: kids interacting rudely with strangers and people barely covering their assets with small towels wrapped around them in the hallways... Maybe, this is how hotels look in the off season in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TatilSeverUS
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for your comment, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed for 10 days, was a pleasant stay at a well located hotel that was quite nice, clean, and updated. Got hooked up with a great rate by another frequent guest, so breakfast not included with my deal-just made my own continental breakfast in the room but people paying over $100 get a voucher, apparently. By now you've heard about the central atrium with the water feature and greenery, which was all lovely. All 2-room suites with wet bar, refrig., and microwave were convenient, ideal for working in the room. $5 voucher daily if opting out of cleaning offsets the overpriced restaurant (although the atrium dining was pleasant). Tried the breakfast buffet a couple times and ate a nice salmon ceasar salad slathered with store bought dressing; they could tweak the quality a bit. Staff always pleasant and helpful, with several longtime employees.

Lobby guest computers and internet were fast and useful, in-room wifi daily charge of $10 is absurd. A couple stains on the carpet and chairs in the room say they could pay a bit more attention to detail cleaning, but overall impression was of a clean, bug-free place, unlike so many Ft. Lauderdale fleabags in the below $100 price range.

Almost passed on the hotel based on the whiners posting scathing negative reviews, so glad I didn't. On 6th floor facing South toward Cypress/I-95/Train, so you could hear traffic noise and trains passing, but never was an issue for me. Stay on the West or North sides if you can't handle any noise, and (general tip): ALWAYS ask for a room change if you aren't satisfied with the room you're given. Good, secure parking with a convenient exit from the adjacent business park allows a direct left turn to Cypress eastbound. Office Depot, several restaurants, and a movie theater a short walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms on West or North side are quieter. Rate of $79/nite was outstanding considering the more expen...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I chose the Sheraton Suites based purely on the fact that it only cost me only 4,000 of my precious Starpoints to stay at this property. We were arriving late into Fort Lauderdale and only spending one quick night before moving on to the resort where we would spend the rest of our time. Lucky for us the stay was short, as this turned out to be a very old and unclean hotel. When we arrived on our floor there was a ironing board in the hall way with plates of half eaten food on it...not a big deal as people finish room service and put these out, but when they were still there at 9:00 in the morning it was rather gross. We went into the room to find both the table in the living area and the desk in the bedroom to be very sticky and clearly not wiped down. Additionally, the carpet was sticky and stained. I found the mattress to be extremely soft to the point of being uncomfortable, though others may prefer this. The bathroom was in dire need of renovation and there were several bugs in the bathroom in the morning. All in all, we were very happy to leave in the morning. My suggestion would be to spend a few extra $/points and stay just about anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton_SuitesCC, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience with us at the Sheraton Suites. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not satisfied with our facilities. I have scheduled a meeting with the Maintenance manager and Housekeeping director to further discuss your comments.
We will be undergoing the process of refurbishing the hotel for this upcoming year. Once this refurbishment is completed I am certain it will make a noticeable improvement to the appearance of the property.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

After reading so many bad reviews I wanted to call and cancel my reservation but I made up my mind to give them a try. I'm glad I did. Lets just say not every thing you read is true. My room was very clean and that was important me. From check-in to check out every staff greeted me with a smile. Yes the building is a older style and some areas could use a touch up. The food was great, it really was. They just need to pay more attention to the grounds and the pool area seeing that there is lots of trees around. But the many kids in the pool didn't seem bothered by the few leaves in the pool. I would visit again..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great location, unbelievable value, clean room (suite) on the SPG level (8th floor), well amenitized and comfortable. The railroad track noise was a bit irritating but tolerable. We had the breakfast buffet which was good but grossly overpriced ($15) for the offering; $9.95 would have been tops it!
Friendly staff, easy check in and out.

Room Tip: For $79/night it simply cannot be beat!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DannyB1

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Sheraton Suites, we are glad to hear you found our staff friendly and property enjoyable, we are currently reviewing the pricing on our menu and will soon have updated menu and prices. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Absolutely loved my stay here! The rooms are great and the restaurant staff are super friendly, especially Roberto! The only thing I didn't like you had to pay for wifi if you were in your room, the lobby was free though and the pool needed to be kept up better.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your comment, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. i have spoken to our engineering department about your comment on the pool and we have since than corrected the issue. We hope to see you again soon.