“Choose your Room Carefully”

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Titusville, Florida
“Choose your Room Carefully”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel with good parking in a courtyard type setting. Check In was fast and friendly. The room was nice and large with an excellent bed. We did have a problem with the A/C not working properly and woke up middle of the night with the room too warm. People were friendly and nice.
We stayed at this hotel on 1/7/13.

Room Tip: The hotel is located adjacent to a very busy avenue on one side and the tri-rail on another side. T...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us here at the Sheraton Suites, I would also like to apologize for the discomfort the air conditioning issue caused you, we have since then corrected this matter and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The toilet had been used! , this hotel feels old and dirty. The only positive is the beds were comfortable......not sure how they are scoring 3 stars??? Not a place we will stay ever again....take my advice go elsewhere.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank swa
I appreciate your feedback i am glad to hear you enjoyed our mattresses, and would I also like to extend my apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered. I have since then scheduled a staff meeting with our Housekeeping Executive and have discussed your inconvenience.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I reserved a king room for two nights for the BCS championship game. Upon arriving I was told by a receptionist with a very indifferent attitude that they were out of kings and only had doubles available. I told her I would wait for a king to be cleaned but she informed me it could be early evening and I really needed to take the double as that was all she had. She acknowledge I had reserved a king but that fact didn't seem to faze her. Since all descent hotels in the area were full and we needed to check in and get ready for the game, we had no choice but to take it. I did ask if we could be moved to a king when it was ready and was told that could not be done. When we got to the room, the air conditioning was not properly working and the room had an overall musty and unclean feel. Needless to say we checked out first thing the next morning, canceling the second night and found a clean king room at the Hyatt for the same price and it was much better staffed.

Room Tip: Reservations for specific rooms (ex. double vs king) do not seem to be honored here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon B
Please accept my apologies. I sincerely regret that you were not pleased with the service our team and facilities provided you with. Please be aware we have made significant improvements to our air conditioning system since then.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Overall felt more like an up market Motel then hotel!! Service on check in very poor from front desk staff instead of asking” did you have a good trip here” I was just asked for photo ID .No talk of hotel amenities’. Room ok dated but all in working order .Internet wifi very poor in room. Worst of all Breakfast not advisable go to the diner around the corner. I would use this hotel for maybe two night stay, not seven nights.
On arrival back to room house keeping didn’t lock the door shut, left wide open!!!! Twice front desk told, having to ask in the first place is not acceptable. I will keep using Accor Hotels when travelling

Room Tip: Room size great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lee w
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for the discomfort this caused you and have since than corrected the issue with the air conditioner we hope to see you soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed January 15, 2013

One tv did not work and we called the front desk and were told that she was the only one working and could not help us. The bathroom was gross! Hair stuck on ceiling and wall in bathroom. Stained carpet. Mold around a/c vents. Really, this is a Sheraton????

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sfsllc
We appreciate your comment, and express regret for the inconveniences. I have brought this to the care of our housekeeping crew and we are presently working on these matters.
McKinney, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed many times at this Sheraton and it is hard to believe that the quality of the rooms has declined so radically. The lobby is maintained and very nice, but minimal air conditioning. However, that is where the quality ends. My room #216 was a complete disaster. Basically, no air conditioning – I was glad it was January 2013 and my room was only 80 degrees. The maintenance man said that the chillers were not working and there was nothing he could do. The bathroom was nasty – mold on the shower curtain and in the grout on the walls and floors. Finally, there were stains on the carpet that told me to keep my shoes on. The manager did have the room deep cleaned the next day, but the damage was done. I will never be staying at this Sheraton ever again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on your stay. We have corrected the issue with our air conditioning since then. To avoid such problems in the future, I have schedules a meeting with the Executive housekeeper.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Dont get it, all nice here, was told as a Platinum would have free wifi but guess what? Doesn't exist, thank goodness that I brought my own mifi, otherwise would have been in trouble not been able to work from my room

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank coquibravo
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am very sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and regret you were unable to receive wifi service in your room. We are investigating why the connection was unavailable, we should have that resolved immediately