“Not bad, a couple issues.”

Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We arrived at the hotel around 5PM and check in was quick and easy. Went up to the room and it was a decent sized suite which was a good deal for the money ($99 per night). The only issues with the room were the size of the bathroom (really small) and the air conditioner (really loud). Then again we were only staying one night so no big deal. There is one issue that got to me and that was the lobby bar. We stopped on the way back from dinner for a glass of wine. I asked if they had a Pinot Noir and the bartender produced a bottle of Mark West Pinot. We happen to drink that particular wine at home so we went with it. I then asked for the bill and was amazed to see the wine was over $11.00 per glass. As I said, we drink it at home quite a bit and know what it costs. We get it for under $10 a bottle! I believe hotes need to make a profit but that seems a tad excessive.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed April 17, 2011

We travelled from Toronto Canada to Ft. lauderdale Florida and what a pleasure it was to have stayed at this hotel. Friendly staff, clean and beautiful rooms wth comfortable beds, good food and really knowledgable staff who were ready to help. Our group was predominantly young people and there was not one person who had anything but excellent reviews. i am too happy to tell people about this wonderful place, I call it "home away from home".

Room Tip: Beautiful, spacious, clean hotel with friendly stf
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I recently attended a conference, where we had the entire hotel booked.

The staff couldn't have been more attentive and pleasant. From Paula at the front desk, the maids, the servers. Everyone I came into contact with was fantastic!

The location is readily accessible from the Fort Lauderdale airport, a straight shot up the interstate.

I had one meal at the restaurant and it was decent, but a bit pricey. The rest of the stay involved a meal plan that came with the conference. The buffets were very well done, breakfast, lunch and dinner. There was more than enough variety and items were restocked constantly.

I fell in love with the beds. I have never slept so well in a hotel in my life. I'm considering a purchase of the "sweet sleeper". They have them available via the Sheraton website.

Thanks and kudos to everyone at the hotel for a truly lovely, beautiful visit.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Spent two nights in April and had a fantastic time! Special thanks to Fred and the front desk staff for making our group feel at home. Keep in mind that elevators can be slow, but, higher floors have less noise.

Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Very nice and accomodating hotel. We were very pleased with the excellent service that we received from the staff.

Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Ask for Fred or Scott. They made our event a HUGE success!! The best service in the South Florida area if you are planning an event for 200 - 300 guests.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidaTravelGuru
Reviewed April 4, 2011

First of all, I booked this hotel because I needed something semi last-minute during spring break season and it was the only reasonably priced, mid-star range place to stay near Fort Lauderdale that I could find with free parking. I used Hotwire to book and specified 4 occupants. When calling to confirm a two-doubles and sofa-bed setup, I was assured over the phone of that room configuration. Upon arrival at about 6 PM after a long day of driving, I was told that the hotel was booked and that I could only have have a room with a king bed and a sofa bed for me, my niece, and my parents. I was also told that the hotel did not have roll-aways because they had the sofa beds. This is typical for reduced-fare booking, I know, but it was not appreciated and while the person at the desk tried to be helpful by offering to "send up extra linens," this never happened and we had to call for them later.

As for the hotel itself, it has a nice interior with over-priced food and beverage options. The middle of the hotel is cavernous and can be loud, especially if there are large groups gathering. Our room was on the wall facing the tri-rail tracks, so we had both train and airplane noise in the evening, though I did not notice it once it was time for bed. The accommodations themselves were a two-room suite, with a sitting room (TV, sofa bed, mini-fridge, sink), bedroom, and small bathroom. I found the bed incredibly comfortable, though I heard that the sofa bed, unsurprisingly, was not nice at all (very thin, stained mattress).

The area was not super-nice, but not horrible either. There didn't seem to be a lot to do (this is definitely not a beach or attraction hotel) in the immediate area. There was a smal strip mall across the tracks with a Longhorn steakhouse, a diner, and some other stores. About .5 miles the other way down the street were fast food restaurants like McDonald's.

Check-out was 11 AM and amazingly enough the TV system allowed me to complete this in my room (my experience is that these rarely work). All-in-all, it was a decent stay, but my expectations were for a place to crash for the night after a long drivel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family