“Nothing out of th eordinary”

The Worthington Guest House
Reviewed January 16, 2006

My partner and I just came back from the Worthington. Had a nice time, a decent place to stay, but not as nice as some of the other guest houses I have stayed at in the same neighborhood. Our room was kept well, except for the floor which we found turned out feet black if we walked around in our barefeet..... they need to actually wet mop the floors. (And, in talking to other guests, we were not the only ones who had this problem) The bathroom was kept very clean. Towels and linens were below par-- a couple of days our bath towels were torn or frayed.

Nice pool area, decent hot tub... though it should have been cleaned at some point. By Sunday night it was foamy and kinda gross. The music around the pool is nonstop dance mix disco, and not good dance mix disco at that. One guy kept joking that he was waiting for Madonna to rise out of the pool. It got rather tiresome after about an hour, but not too loud that you could hear it in the room if you went in to nap.

Breakfasts were average, pastries were in plastic wrappers, as were the bagels and muffins. Oddly, for a Florida place, no fruit was put out.

Th grounds were nice, and they have done well recovering from the hurricane damage. The staff, for the most part, was very friendly and efficient.

While I wasn't overly disappointed, I will stay at one of the other ones next time.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank graycottag
Management response:Responded January 24, 2006

I would like to express my appreciation for your comments, be good or unpleasant I need the imput to improve my resort. I will be the first to admit there are other resorts to stay at that charge much more than we do. As for the floors, upon check in I assure you that the floor was clean and mopped. We do not mop the floors on a daily basis, just at check out at this time, however I may now review this policy. Our towels and linens are high quality and are inspected as we wash them and are taken out of cirulation should we see tears of rips but some may slip by the inspection. As for the Hot Tub and pool they are both monitored by computers 24 hours a day, the water is changed every other week or sooner if needed, we have the best filtration system available for both. Both are properly sanitized and water crystal clear. The music, I could only wish that Madonna would rise out of the pool, thank you for the compliment. In the morning till noon we have calm, gentle music then we move to more of a club mix. All music is off at 8:00 pm. Our breakfast as well as all the other resorts are regulated by Broward county, all items must be pre-package and wrapped. I sure you all know the saying, " you cant please everybody" although we try.

Palm Bay, FL
Reviewed December 22, 2005

The Worthington Resort is simply a wonderful place to go and relax. My partner and I have been 4 times, sometimes together and sometimes apart. We enjoy the laid back atmosphere, the nicely appointed rooms, and the courtyard. The staff is excellent and any reasonable request is attended to promptly.
As a matter of fact, I am making reservations for us to go back in the beginning part of next year.
We only live 2 and a half hours away but would rather stay at the Worthington then have to travel further only to be disappointed. For you Florida folks, its a nearby retreat to get away from it all on short notice.
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to checking out the sister property, The Alcazar.

Rick and Doug