“Nice place”

and 1 more site!
The Worthington Guest House
Reviewed May 17, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Worthington on our first trip to Florida and we would definitely stay here again. We met some great guys from all over the world although I have to say that while most of the guys were nice and friendly, there were a few here and there that were unfriendly/snobby but I guess that's true anywhere. Next time we'll stay at the Alcazar vs. Worthington, while the rooms at the Worthington are bigger and more costly we preferred the friendlier and more low-key feel of the Alcazar side.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frequenttraveler555

Reviewed May 2, 2009

This was my second stay at The Worthington guest house, and it was awesome.
Enjoyed the location, privacy and ability to just hang out at the guest house all day long.

The housekeeping staff was awesome and the mix of guys at the guest house was great.

Love the fact that it also is joined with the resort next door, and if one pool is over crowded you can walk over to the other which was empty. The two block walk to the beach and close distance to Wilton Manors is the perfect getaway for a gay couple to enjoy a vacation or to escape the winter weather.

Definitely coming back.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Two friends (a couple) and myself needed a break from our frigid Pennsylvania winter, and after settling on Fort Lauderdale as our destination, we chose the Worthington based upon another friend's recommendation. Our room was clean, comfortable and private, yet conveniently located directly in front of the hot tub. I did not notice any "lewd acts" in common areas as mentioned in other reviews. The crowd of guests present during our stay were very friendly. In response to the other reviewer who suggested that this establishment offered a poor value, it is true that a corporate chain has the ability to offer more amenities, but in doing so, you lose certain intangibles such as the clothing-optional policy and high level of guest interaction. Yes, breakfast could have been better, but it's the best you can do without actually cooking. I'm thrilled with the trip and plan to return again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2009

This was my fourth time in Ft. Lauderdale, and every other time I stayed at a similar place across the street, which was OK but I wanted a change. I had a MUCH better time at the Worthington/Alcazar. The guests were much more friendly as a whole, it seemed....or maybe I just lucked out. In any case, it was the perfect vacation. It was a chilly week and there were some temperature issues with the hot tub and pool, but everyone was having so much fun, it didn't matter much. And oh, unlike the cranky owners at the other place, the staff was all super nice and helpful. I can't wait to go back. Too much fun!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank gymdudeva
Reviewed November 23, 2008

At my recent, 6th visit, to The Worthington, I was reminded again of why I return: Lovely grounds, comfortable and well-appointed rooms, terrific location (2 minutes from the beach), accomodating and smiling staff, an owner who takes real interest in his guests -- and always fun and interesting fellow guests.

There are 2 pools and a large hot tub (very very cruisy at night). The "clothing optional" policy often becomes an absolutely "no clothing" scene, with lots of cute naked guys.

I plan to return again -- and again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2008

I had a terrific time at this hotel. We were lucky I suppose to have a great group of guests at the hotel when we went. I met alot of fun guys and generally everyone was friendly. There is a happy hour on Friday and Saturday which helps in meeting the other guests. The staff was courteous and helpful. My room was large with a king size bed and the bathroom was nicely renovated. The room had a small refrigerator. The pool is a nice size, although the edge is pretty narrow. There was enough chaise lounges around the pool. There is plenty of palm trees and other greenery, which makes for an attrative tropical atmosphere. The breakfast was mediocre, with wrapped danish and muffins, but I understand that is case with all resorts due to City law (Note: for a cheap but good breakfast check out "The Deck" on the water a few blocks North). It is not a bathhouse atmosphere; there is no steam room, sauna, or video room. Guys certainly do hook up later around the pool and the jacuzzi, but from what I can see, people are discreet.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2008

This is a very nice gay guest house. I disagree with most of the negative reviews and agree with the positive ones. The rooms are clean and up to date, if not luxurious (but who goes to a guest house to stay in the room anyway?). The pool and hot tub area were quite nice, and the landscaping and plantings were absolutely gorgeous! Whoever did that work was first rate. As for the other guests, some had a touch of attitude, but there were plenty who were laid back and quite friendly. Good mix of clothed and "clothing optional" folks -- no one would feel uncomfortable either way. The atmosphere has been described as "frisky" by others, but I only found this to be occasionally so late at night in the hot tub. If you're looking for that, you'll be there. If you're not interested you'll be having a civilized dinner elsewhere and perhaps some entertainment in a local drinking establishment. To each his own. I would have to agree with those who say the breakfast could be a bit more imaginative, even given applicable legal restrictions, but that's a small point. There are several complaints on here of rude staff, but I experienced none of that. All staff were quite nice and helpful. One of their competitors (off the beach) told me that the Worthington is the only gay guest house in Fort Lauderdale that is consistently busy. That's because they get the important things right. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo