“Visited in July and August 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Worthington Guest House

The Worthington Guest House
Atlanta, Georgia
“Visited in July and August 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Sorry for the late review. The staff was amazing. Check in was a breeze. The room and the grounds were immaculate. Breakfast in the morning was great and everyone is friendly. Towels were plenty. I am so looking forward to my next trip. It is worth it!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My partner and I have visited several times and have always enjoyed our stay. The staff is very friendly and accommodating to guest's needs. The rooms, pool, and hot tub areas are very clean and well maintained. We will continue to stay when in Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, however, I would avoid the rooms on the third floor of the Worthington Building...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Worthington / Alcazar / Villa Venice accommodations are comfortable and nice. Each hotel have their own unique atmosphere from S Florida art deco with original structural detail and 1950-60's feel to updated and more contemporary accommodations in Villa Venice. The 3 heated pools and 2 hot tubs each in their own individual courtyard garden settings. The staff and management do a nice job and complementary continental breakfast in 2 locations within the complex is a nice touch. Certainly one of the best all male resorts in south Florida.
If you are not comfortable with nudity or a cruise atmosphere then this may not be your place. It is what you make of it and I met some great people I could be friends with moving forward. It's a gay resort so expect everything. It's not the hyatt or W, Go their if you

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Wonderful friendly place where gay guys can feel to be themselves
Jim & The Staff are very helpful in directing u to different attractions in the area
What a great mix of guys from diff parts of the World. Have made wonderful friends
over the many visits that my partner. Always very friendly and caters to all age groups

Room Tip: we always stay at The Worthington but highly recommend Villa Venice rooms bigger we stayed 4 times...
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My partner and I visit Fort Lauderdale every summer during the week of the 4th of July. Traditionally we have stayed at a neighboring resort, but this summer we decided to give the Worthington a try. We were both really impressed with the cleanliness of all 3 connected properties, as well as the friendly and accommodating staff. The resort is located just 2 blocks from the beach, but we only visited the beach twice in 8 days because we enjoyed spending our days lounging around the pools at the resort! I enjoyed meeting many of the other guests, who ranged in age from 25 to 70+. We befriended another couple visiting from England, and still keep in touch with them today. We stayed in room #128, located just behind the hot tub. It was extremely clean and provided us with everything we needed. I didn't find excessive noise to be a problem. I'm looking forward to visiting again this summer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

My partner and I just got back from a week's stay at the Worthington in Fort Lauderdale. This was the first time at this resort. The resort is outdated and in need of major help (see pictures), the service is mediocre (sometimes not accomidating) and the scene is like a bathhouse. Seedy scene from start to finish. If you like to spend your day laying out at the pool and being cruised by every single person at the resort or the extra $10 a day visitors - then this is the place for you. My partner and I usually stay at Pineapple Point, the Cabanas or the W Hotel. This is not like those places. The resort IS clean and the cleaning crew are really good. I asked them about the property and when in my room, they even told me how much work our suite and the others rooms need to have to make it a nice resort. There were 3 fake plants in our room, which is one fake plant too many. The owner is a very nice man and I wish him the best with this newly purchased resort (I heard he purchased a year ago). Major renovations, a more strict policy on behavior and an increase in day pass fees might help this place from getting the low end tourists we got. For the amount we spent on the trip ($1800 for a suite), I expected more. Next year, it is back to the W!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite above the office. It was had a nice layout and was quiet with direct views t...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank EscapeMen41
Jim D, Owner at The Worthington Guest House, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your review, although I believe the title of your review to be a bit exagerated to say the least. The items that you listed and brought to my attention have ALL been addressed, including new lights, mirrors, cooktop, room repainted. A total makeover, we have even ordered Plantation shutters. Minor issuses such slight corrision do occur being so close to Ocean, plastic shower ring could have broke at any time but thank you for bringing it up, it did appear as someone tore a piece of the bathroom skin off recently.
I have learned after 15 years in business (not 1 year as you stated) that it is difficult to please everyone, but as long as I can please 99% of my guests I am happy with that. Your comment about "Low end Tourists" at our resort is so wrong and condenscending. We have the best guest from around the world, that keep returning year after year.

I suggest to someone reading this review take time to read a few more and decide for yourself what type resort we have and how we operate it, and how most our guests feel about our rooms and maintenence. We have won awards from from all the highly rated Gay magazines.
Fribourg, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

For our 2nd visit we decided to book a room at Worthington (1rst time we were at Alcazar). For the same price, but for us Worthington have a nicer tropical atmosphere.
The Villa Venice is now also part of the resort but with slitghly higher prices for exactly the same service (perhaps just nicer rooms).
In the resort you find now 3 pools and 2 huttubs; that is great and exeptional!
Breakfast may be one of the only weak point, but tipical amercan: not a lot of choice, every day the same and only "conveniance" Food: no fresh bakery and nothing homemade. But ok we are still alive:-)
Rooms and property is realy clean.
You find guests which are coming back since years and this a very good sign.
To improve even more this great resort would be the fact that they would add a steamroom, sauna, spa or more lush gardens.
We certainly will come back.

Room Tip: Rooms 3XX at Worthington. on Penthouse style floor. very private!
1 Thank Jean-PhilippeetUrs