“Wonderful Visit!”

The Worthington Guest House
Dallas, TX
“Wonderful Visit!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Having never stayed at the Worthington I didn't know what to expect. We found it online. Upon arrival we walked right into the July 4th celebration and the place was rocking! Great free food and drink after a very fast check-in. My friends and I really enjoyed the day.

My room was at the top of the stairs on the third floor and it was plenty big and clean. Very reasonably priced too. I'm not a breakfast person so I didn't use that but the coffee was good and hot. The guys at the front desk were very helpful and fun to talk to. The multiple pools and hot tubs offered variety and escape. If one pool was too wild or full we simply went to the other. Personally, I enjoyed the Alcazar pool best anyway. Not as crowded.

About the only thing I didn't enjoy about Ft. Lauderdale was that, unlike the other cities I frequent, Key West, New Orleans, San Francisco, New York City and to a limited degree, Palm Springs, you really need a car to get around in FLL. Especially so to Wilton Manor. That part is not so good. Especially after drinking. We used a taxi rather than the rental but that really adds up over six days. At any rate...nothing the hotel can do about that.

Next time we come back...it'll be the Worthington for sure!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wayne J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Vermilion, Ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was a random choice in places for me but I knew I did not want to stay at the Westin (which was where my conference was being held). I found the Worthington Guest House and from my first inquiry to my check out yesterday the establishment and their employees are of the highest quality! I loved my room and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I vowed that every time I am in Ft. Lauderdale, I will be a guest of the Worthington Guest House.

Room Tip: I was only in my room but I loved being on the first floor by the pool and spa!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chappjw
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Beautiful tropical setting. Amazing staff that supports your enjoyable time on the property close to the beach and restaurants. Three pools and two hot tubs. Private areas to enjoy food outside. Breakfast served daily with coffee all day

Room Tip: Room 222 king bed lots of space
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Russ H
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Booked our stay last minute as we landed in Miami at 5am. Got to the resort and was able to check in very very early. Great friendly staff, lush garden and relaxing place for R&R away from the crowds. Great centerly location for beach, restaurants and bars. I can't wait to go back. Oh yes...my room was excellent; air worked, big California king bed, and clean.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank alavini
NY
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had stayed in Mid of July at the Worthington.
1. Very friendly staff always working forward to make your vacation pleasant and comfortable
2. Wonderful ambiance
3. enjoy 3 resort facilities together - all interconnected.

All guests friendly with no attitude. Although I visited weekdays the crowd was less and top it was raining heavily, still I was delighted to see people from all places - white, black, chinese type and Indian. Had some great fun with my new Indian friend, sexy guy. miss u.

Now for a few things which could be improved
1. No restaurant. improvement in breakfast menu and a small in-house cafeteria would be great.
2. Lot of mosquitos near the pool area, specialy near alcazar and villa venice and trust me they bite nasty. Although near the main pool it was less.

Overall great place for fun and relaxation. hats off to the owners

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed in the Villa Venice part of the Worthington's 3-hotel complex. Firstly, having 3 pools and 2 hot tubs to chose from day and night is absolutely amazing. I'll say no more secondly or thirdly as all of these mentions have equal weight. The staff is friendly beyond compare and very helpful. The overall conviviality among the guests is refreshing and right away, puts one in vacation-mode. My room was large w/ a separate kitchenette (w/sink!) and a walk through closet/vanity into the bathroom with a wonderful walk in shower. My bed did have some problems which were quickly fixed when mentioned to the staff. All in all, was so glad I moved from a corporate-chain hotel to stay at this jewel box!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Texpat75
Chicago
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very friendly and engaged staff. Spacious, well-equipped, nicely clean, reasonably soundproof rooms. Decent continental breakfast. Generous and fun happy hour on Saturday afternoons. Well-secured property. 3 decent-sized pools, 2 hot tubs.

Only negatives: somewhat-less-than-reliable wireless (at least in my room), no desk or other place to set up a computer or eat in the room, no elevator if you have 3rd floor room and heavy luggage or wobbly knees, hot tub capacity fairly small for # of guests.

Regarding the extracurriculars, left to personal choice (not a bathhouse environment). With property configuration, room location can be significant, so worth checking out map if have a particular preference. Guest mix skewed older, but don't want to extrapolate from one visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo