“great athmosphere and friendly staff”

and 1 more site!
The Worthington Guest House
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It is a excellent place to stay, single or with your other half or groups, every body in the staff are great they will help you on anything of interest. all three pools are nice to hang around and peopple move from one to other, so you can stay by yourself or follow the crowd.

Room Tip: second floor might be more quiet and ask for studios if you prefer a larger room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was at the Worthington for the first time from Sept 18 to the 22nd, and I have promised it won't be my last. The grounds of the hotel and it's sister properties (The Alcazar and The Venice) are gorgeous, immaculate, well tended. You can see the effort put into them. The rooms and pools are spacious, overall well-kept, and turned over daily. The best part without doubt was the staff. I don't think there was one single member of the staff who didn't treat me like they were happy I was staying with them and some of them even made me feel like I totally belonged, which is not easy to do with my sometimes-shy behaviour.

I gave it only 4 stars simply because there were some things in the room that could have been better. The alarm clock and the coffee maker in my room didn't work, and the water pressure when taking a shower was extremely low, making showers an almost unpleasant experience. However, these are minor details that did not in any way detract from the GREAT time I had there. I highly recommend this place

Room Tip: They are all good rooms but if you want to see the late-night action, a second or third floor room f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Jim D, Owner at The Worthington Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your review and kind words. I could have easily taken care of the minor problems you expierienced had you mentioned them to us, we need guest feedback to continue to the Best Gay resort in the country. I have looked at room 128, the shower had some particles in the little screen by shower head, I knew what it had to be, as we have great water pressure. The coffee maker was unpluged, someone probably plugged thew phone charger in and we replaced the alarm clock. Thank you for mentioning these items, they have all been addressed.Hope to see you back soon.
Have a great day,
JIM

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at The Worthington for the fifth time last week. Another great visit and as expected exceptional value and staff. The resort is kept up very well and the rooms are exceptionally clean. We met some great guys and new friends. Thanks again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I highly recommend the Worthington to anyone who is Gay. The staff is extremely customer service orientated and competent. The rooms are very well decorated and immaculately clean. The clothing optional experience was outstanding. If you come to Ft. Lauderdale, the Worthington is the best place to stay and vacation!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my first visit to FTL & I picked the Worthington because of the great reviews from single travelers, which I was on this trip. The staff was fantastic, friendly & accommodating. The room was very comfortable & exceptionally clean. All 3 properties joined together made it nice to pick where you want to lounge. The workout room is a bit small but has great cardio, weights & versatile Cybex machine. Breakfast was typical hotel continental, nothing special. Location was perfect, a few blocks from the beach and about 10 minutes by car to Wilton Manor, the gayborhood. The weekend I was there the crowd was mostly middle-aged (which I am) and mostly bear (which I am not) and I was told by several guests this is typical for this property. I visited two other male guesthouses while I was there and was not that impressed. The Worthington properties were definitely the nicest.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Worthington twice now and each time seems to get better. The staff is polite and helpful. The location is perfect, (only 2 short blocks to the Beach). Just a few minutes to gay clubs of all kinds. Breakfast was good. I have and will continue to recommend The Worthington to my friends.

Room Tip: If you're staying for an extended time I recommend a junior Suite
1  Thank Eddie G
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my first time at an all male guest house, people were friendly, great place, great room with great amanitas, much better housekeeping then the larger chains, Great privacy, cannot say a bad word about the customer service. it was great that it was 3 properties turned into one large fun exciting place. Cant wait to get back hear.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo