“New to the Worthington”

The Worthington Guest House
New York City, New York
“New to the Worthington”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was our first time at this establishment. The housekeeping was mediocre however the staff was friendly. We had to ask for kleenex and toilet paper to be put in our room. Happy Hour one night a week which seems odd as other places we have stayed have happy hour every night in the high season. The wireless service was absolutely pathetic with no connection to constantly dropped service.

Room Tip: Ask for the Villa Venice building
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark L
Jim D, Owner at The Worthington Guest House, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello, and thank you for your review. We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations in our recently acquired Villa Venice building. We have only owned The Villa Venice for a little over 5 weeks, we are still working a few things out, such as teaching the employees they had how to maintain rooms to our standards. There is no excuse for not providing ample bathroom supplies, I apologize for that over site.

Our Saturday Happy hour most guests appreciate what we do and very much enjoy it. Some resorts don't have it at all. There are some resorts here with bars that have a 2 4 1 special, I suggest you might want to book there if happy hour is one of your main concerns.

The Wifi at Villa Venice is on our list of problems we are correcting, and will addressed this week as we have received our new boosters and access points today.
Thanks again, and have a great day!
JIM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have Stayed here for years. Always clean, fun and relaxing. Staff is always friendly and most hospitable (same staff for years....tells you something right there). Owner is constantly upgrading the property and just bought and included a 3rd property next door so the place is now huge (3 pools & 2 spas plus nice workout facilities and guest laundry). Wonderful tropical landscaping and other guest are always fun and friendly. I cannot recommend this place any more highly. Do yourself a favor and book a room!
Shawn
San Diego CA

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Shawn D
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My first visit to Fort Lauderdale and this Guest House. I had an exceptionally nice time. The setting is very tranquil, tropical, and maintained beautifully. My room was ideal and kept clean daily by the attentive staff. Everyone here made my first visit a wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed at the Worthington late November/early December. There was two rooms of at least 8 young guys there on the weekend that kept everyone up until 4 AM. All the guest were talking about it because it affected everyone on both adjoining hotels. They moved from their rooms to the hot tub and were loud and drunk, partying all night.
We also noted that there was a non-guest entering the gounds around midnight and going from door to door looking in the windows and trying the doors. He showed up every night we were there and tried his best to blend in with the hotel guests. He had a key for the gate, his own towel and carried his pants and shirt around with him. He would stay a few hours dress and leave.
This hotel has no security after 8 pm and no one to control out of hand guests and intruders.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank James G
Jim D, Owner at The Worthington Guest House, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. The guests that you speak of, had 8 rooms and I'll admit they were loud at times when they should have respected their fellow guests. We did address the problem when a guest called to voice concern, as I live 2 blocks from the resort, we were taking action in minutes. We told them all to go to there rooms and if we got called again they would be asked to leave the resort. Unfortunately from time to time you get a group of guests or a guest, that like to get together and celebrate and not show respect. As for no security after 8:00pm and no one to handle "out of control guests" that is far from the truth. As I stated earlier, I live minutes from the resort. We do have persons that casually walk through at different times of the evening to check on things, we do not have or want a person walking around with flashlights asking for your room key to make sure you belong there. We have emergency numbers posted at both gates, office doors and in each room. All it takes is a call, and we will be there. As I told you when you spoke with me about the person you claim did not belong there, call me if you see him again, I never received a call. We do change gate locks on a regular basis as to avoid unwanted guests. In the 13 years we have had the resort, not one person has ever been harmed, assaulted or robbed in our resort. We are very proud of resorts record. We have a laid back relaxed ambiance and most guests appreciate it. Sorry for the loud birthday boys, we try to keep it peaceful. Have a Great New year.
JIM
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed 4 days in August, and the resort was amazing. Great customer service, very clean rooms and pool area, and the other guests were a great mix of guys. Had a very nice time, and looking forward to my return trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here 16th-19th Dec after coming off a cruise ship.
Arrived very early and as expected room was not ready but offered pool towels and breakfast, instead I opted to go shopping and arrived back around 1pm to find my room was ready.
Room 128 fair size for price paid and very clean with usual coffee maker.
House keeping and front desk are a very friendly group of guys who go out of there way to help you with any enquiry's or any issues you may have, not that I had any.

This is now a three Hotel Complex with the Alcazar and Villa Venice sharing the grounds making it a great place to meet like minded guys and it is all clothing optional with well kept pools and hot tubs which were well used both daytimes and after dark.
During my stay it was all a crowd of about 30 year old upwards and all shapes and sizes and as a larger guy I loved the no attitude of the rest of the clientle and indeed the staff.
Check out was 12 noon and as I had a late flight used the pool area until 5pm and then was able to use the great shower facilities in the reception area where there is even shower gel supplied.

In my view you do need a car to get around when staying here to pick up beers, visit bars etc.

I do look forward to staying here again in March 2013.

Room Tip: 126 124 122 you can be seen in your room by people heading to the Alcazar/Venice if your blinds are...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank aslgas
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2012

after having the worst stay at a hotel in Miami the night before I was happy to start fresh in a new hotel and new city...The Worthington was well WORTH it !!!! I did arrive rather early however my room wasn't ready though I was afforded the opportunity to shower relax and lounge by the pool until it was. That in itself made me feel comfortable in knowing I've made the right decision in choosing The Worthington.

Everyone was so accomodationg and nice. The grounds were well kept and manicured nicely and my room 322 was the best. I will definetly choose that room for my return stay. In all I couldn't ask for anything more. Also being able to pick and choose between 3 pool and hot tub areas was a huge plus. Can't wait for my return visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo