The Worthington Guest House
$99
$269
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Official Site
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$194
$145
Hotels.com
$203
Orbitz.com
$144
$139
  • Pool
All reviewsvilla venicepools and hot tubsother guestsgay resorthappy hour on saturdaythree propertieswilton manorsgay menmeet new friendssebastian beachtwo blocksrooms are cleangreat resortshort walk to the beachcleaning staffcontinental breakfastyogurt
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The title says it all! Whatever you are looking for you can find it at the Worthington. Great pool for those wanting to enjoy the sun and a great hot tub for those who want to soothe a tired body.

Very close to Sebastian Beach for anyone who prefers being beach side over pool side.

Excellent staff who were always available to assist you. And they always did it with a smile on their face! That is hard to find these days!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Highly recommended. The staff is marvelous! Location is perfect and the cleanliness is superb. I highly recommend this gay guesthouse for those you appreciate good bargain with good service. Room 122, just on the first floor is accesible and at a corner with lots of windows which makes the room brighter and bigger!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

What can I say. Do you want an awesome, cute, and friendly staff? Do you seek a new adventure everyday at the resort? Do you want to get an all over tan without getting arrested at the local beach? Maybe you so just want some relaxation, peace and quiet, or meet someone new each day of your visit? Great news! Book your stay here and put your mind at rest knowing you just made a great decision. I flew in from the west coast and wasn't sure what to expect. Wow. It was a blast. The room was very clean. The bed was so comfy with pillows to spare. Loved the shower. The pool and hot tub experience was one of a kind. Was a little hesitant of the clothing opitional thing. Mostly because of my shyness factor. By the end of my stay, I couldnt help not go nude for tanning, swimming, soaking in the hot tub, and of course, playing PRINCESS VOLLEYBALL at midnight with the guys also staying at the resort. The beach ball in the pool has Disney Princess characters on it, so hence the name. Room 220 overlooked the pool and hot tub. Awesome room. Resort is very close to the beach. Easy walking distance. Sebastian part of the beach is about a rough swift walk of 10-15 minute max (the beach itself is a couple short blocks over then a nice stroll along the beach or outer sidewalk to Sebastian). Snacks for breakfast was healthy and filling for the tummy as well. If you haven't been to an all guy resort or know the area, the staff was super sweet, helpful, and informative. I can go on and on for all the best reasons, however, the choice and decision is yours to make. I made the right choice and will definitely come back! No "if's" about how much fun this place is to stay at. Bottom line, "Just DO IT"
Jeff Shedd
Idaho
(more potatoes, not as many guys here)

Room Tip: Room 220. Overlooked the pool and hot tub. Closest room to the front gate and the courtyard pool area. One small flight of stairs. Sweet room all around.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jeff s
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I chose the Worthington based on an online search of gay resorts in FLL and comments left here on Tripadvisor. I have to say that chosing my room online (211) was a nice advantage and I was happy to have made a good choice in that location at the resort.

I was on the second floor on the Alcazar side of the resort and it was a spacious room (compared to a couple I had seen on my trip) with a nice king sized bed that was VERY comfortable to sleep in. The room was quiet and other than housekeeping staff passing by in the mornings (their supply room was close by) and guys staying in 213 who had 2 small dogs who would bark from time to time, it was a peaceful spot. A couple I met from Great Britain were on the third floor and you could certainly hear traffic noise and whatnot from Birch Street.

I loved the layout of my room and was pleased with the decent-sized refrigerator that did NOT include a wet bar, so I was able to store beer and food I purchased at the local Publix without having to shift anything left in there if it had been a true wet bar. Was nice to check out DVDs from the front desk; yet, I was disappointed that my DVD player was on the fritz....no power to it at all; when I pulled out the dresser/entertainment center to check the plug connections, I was a bit surprised to find a dirty pair of underwear left behind there. I had to laugh a little because, well, if I were staying at the Westin, then this might be a big problem. lol I was able to get a new DVD player within a reasonable amount of time.There was also remodeling/construction going on in the room below mine....there was some noise that I could hear, but thankfully, this did not start until later in the morning and was not a problem for me at all.

There are two pools at the resort and the one closest to my room did not have the hot tub, so typically there were not as many guests there...just the same, the water seemed cooler than the pool on the other side (both of the them saltwater, btw). I spent the majority of my time at the pool/hot tub on the opposite end of the resort. There were a few nights I found myself alone, but slow but sure, other guests trickled in and I had a great time chatting with them and thoroughly enjoying myself.

If I had any complaint it was more incidental things about the layout of the resort: 1. There was no public bathroom by either pool and it was a little bit of a trek to get back to my room to take care of business. 2. Not sure where they would put it, but a bar by either pool would certainly lend itself to more socializing--especially for those of us who travel alone (not that I had any problem making friends while I was there). and 3. I wish there was a recycling program for all the cans and bottles I went through....although I don't know how practical that would be.

The continental breakfast was adequate (not much of a breakfast person here) and it was nice to grab a cup of coffee and a pastry to keep me sated until later. All the staff was friendly and accomodating to whatever I needed.

Would I stay here again? Possibly. I spent time at a nearby resort that was about $20 more a night than what I paid, and might want to try that one out upon my next trip, but realistically, I didnt find anything at the Worthington that made me think that I was ripped off or unfairly treated that I couldnt recommend this place to anyone. Certainly had a fantastic time and loved the accomodations!

Room Tip: Worthington is the side with more activity to it (with the hot tub) and Alcazar is a bit more subdued (where I stayed)...Saturday night was the only night where there was any kind of noise from guests at the pool by my room and it wasnt really a problem for me. Nice that there is close parking to either Alcazar or Worthington sides.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Worthington and their staff do an incredible job at creating a very open and very friendly atmosphere to relax and meet some fantastic people from all over. My partner and I had a great time hanging out and seldom left the grounds.
Room 226 has a perfect view of the pool and hot tub. Vending and ice machine was just down a flight of stairs. The king mattress was comfortably firm and pillows were overflowing.
The window AC unit was quick to cool the Florida heat and the mini fridge was large enough to store a large pizza box with room left over for mixers and booze.
I am glad the owners kept the hardwood floors. It added to the charm of the unit unlike the overly tiled guesthouses we have been to before.
Service on the rooms to replace towels and tidy up was quick and usually happened while we were down enjoying breakfast and sharing gossip from the night before.
Both pools had plenty of chairs for lounging poolside and Sebastian Beach is within walking distance. A heavy rain storm kept us in one afternoon, but a quick call for take out made for a friendly indoor gathering.
It's easy to see why all the rooms were filled. A+ guys! We look forward to our next trip back.

Room Tip: I prefer the Worthington side over Alcazar. The pool area had a better design and people seemed to gather here more. Room 226 has a great view of both the pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple