“Best Place in FLL” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Worthington Guest House

The Worthington Guest House
“Best Place in FLL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Such a wonderful Place. Gay owned. Very nice Rooms with Flatscreen TV, DVD Box, Fridge.
The Poolarea is Big .
The Staff is so friendly. They offer a Good breakfast and every Saturday they have a Happy Hour with Free Drinks.
The Place is in walking Distance to famous Gaybeach "Sebastian".
When you want to come to FLL and Stay at a gayplace - that is a must...

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jdurhanFt_Lauderdale, Jim - Owner at The Worthington Guest House, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you Kay for your review. It is always a pleasure to see you year after year. You mentioned "Gay Owned" in your review and that is what most gay men like about our resorts, they feel completely comfortable in our environment. Quite a few of the other gay resorts on the beach have been sold to a Swedish Hedge fund group. I look forward everyday to talking with all my guests as they enjoy our 2 pools, Hot tub, Gardens and other friendly attitude free guests you meet from all over the world. That what makes The Worthington Ft Lauderdale's most popular resort.
I look forward to seeing you again soon,
JIM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Doylestown Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Worthington/Alcazar is by far the best guesthouse in Fort Lauderdale. The property is so clean and well-kept and has an overall warm and cozy feel to it.. The pool is always being cleaned, my room had a beautiful new fridge, and the landscaping was awesome... The crowd was a friendly mix of couples and singles, young and old and mixed well. The staff are really friendly and efficient and just added to the overall happy time I had there. It's close to the beach and handy to Wilton Manor. While there, I checked out other guesthouse properties, and saw that Worthington was the best choice, and everyone I ran into said the same great things I experienced and how great the owner Jim was. All true.... I will definately be back and will rave about it to everyone...Thanks Guys!

Room Tip: Rooms on The Alcazar side are a bit more secluded
3 Thank DaveDoylestownPa
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

We usually stay this month each year at a nearby gay resort and have always been happy there but thought we'd shake it up and try something new this year. I'm very pleased we did. The guy at the front desk who checked us in was very friendly, very efficient and gave us a very detailed tour of the property since it was our first visit. Actually, he was a riot so we started our stay with several good laughs and immediately felt comfortable and welcomed. We were in what we learned was a coveted one bedroom suite overlooking the pool. It was extremely clean, bright and inviting with a huge rainfall shower and gleaming hardwood floors. The furniture was comfortable and appeared to be fairly new. Free wireless internet, great water pressure with never-ending hot water, two flat screen TV's and plenty of electrical outlets are just a few of the things we were pleased with. The room has a bookshelf audio unit but no dock for an iPod or mp3 player but since we always bring our own it was not a problem but something they should consider adding. The included breakfast looked inviting but all I had was coffee and it was delicious. The clothing-optional pool area is fantastic with a many-man hot tub full of friendly guys 24/7 and a heated pool surrounded by loungers some shaded and some in the sun. The pool area is a lush tropical paradise. Overall this was a very successful trip and we had a fantastic time. The included Saturday afternoon happy-hour hosted by the hotel owners is something you won't want to miss. It is a fun social event for all the hotel guests to mix and mingle and enjoy some poolside snacks and cocktails. Their signature cocktail "The Fernando" is awesome. I hate to admit I had three of them but the spirits poured freely and the owners seemed happy to be generously pouring. I look forward to returning to The Worthington Guesthouse.

Room Tip: We were very pleased with our room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarkP_ATL
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was my second stay at the Worthington and I am giving it a well deserved 5 stars. I have stayed at many of the gay resorts in Fort Lauderdale and have decided the Worthington is the best of them all. It is very well run, the staff are all professional and friendly, the guests are a nice mixed age crowd and the place just has a good atmosphere. The rooms are a good size and have everything you could need. The pool area and hot tub are just right.
Well done to all at the Worthington, I will be returning later in the year !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris G
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Yet another great stay at the Worthington. The kitchen in the office is now totally renovated with glass tiles, stainless steel appliances and beautiful counter top. Breakfast is even more efficient. This resort has many repeat guests we see every time we visit - they have a very loyal following. The resort is successful I believe due to the hands on approach by the owners. My fear is the company that is buying up properties throughout the neighborhood will get this resort and make it superficial, impersonal and corporate. It truly feels like home away from home and hope it stays that way for many years. The room attendants have become like family. Always sad to leave.
Book early as it appears to be getting busier and maybe harder to get a room on short notice. Nice to see that there are no fake reviews too. Crazy how this resort has been in existence for years and "new" gay resorts have 3X the amount of reviews in a period of months, all glowing reviews like out of a brochure - very suspicious!!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank fllshipcruiser
jdurhanFt_Lauderdale, Owner at The Worthington Guest House, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words, I am always happy to hear guest comments. I can assure you I have no plans to sell the resort to Pan Capital,llc, the Swedish group that has purchased quite a few of the Gay resorts on the Beach. We love our resort and all the long time guests and new ones we meet on a daily basis. We stay busy year round, you will always find a nice group of people.

I must agree with your comments regarding so many reviews in a short amount of time for the "New" gay resorts, I find strange that most of the reviewers are first timers. They sound more like a commercial than a review. I'm glad you noticed. Hope to see you back here soon.
Jim Durhan
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

You can’t go wrong staying at the Worthington

From the first minute you step though the door you are treated like you’re the only guest! From the owner down to the housekeeping staff everyone is very welcoming.

What you will find at the Worthington is a guesthouse that is well maintained, comfortable guest room and a nice mix of people. I found many of the guests return here year after year after year. I don’t know a greater endorsement of a place that that.

You can’t go wrong staying at the Worthington; it’s a great room at a nice price surrounded by some nice people!

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I spent four nights at the Worthington/Alcazar last week on my first trip to Fort Lauderdale. It was difficult to find a travel mate to join me at a clothing-optional resort but I chanced it alone and am glad for it. The resort is extremely welcoming, both in terms of the staff and the clientele. I found companionship easy throughout my stay. Friendliness abounded between men of various ages (mostly 40s-50s) and a festive, but mature, party atmosphere was enjoyed at all times. The beautiful and well maintained grounds did much to foster the positive mood. My room was without pretensions but comfortable, clean and well appointed. I especially appreciated the room safe and refrigerator. The attendants made the bed and replaced towels by 10:30 each morning. The two separate sides of the resort allow guests to choose to participate in or avoid the "scene". Much information about the city is provided in the room guide and by the friendly staff. Breakfast is serviceable and copious. The coffee is quite good! A note to those without a car: the Galleria Mall and Publix supermarket are accessible on foot but are not exactly in the neighborhood. It's a brisk and largely uninspiring 20 minute walk (although walking over the canal is pretty). I recommend the Worthington side if you tend to make frequent room runs and the second floor if you prefer to be a bit away from the noise. Overall, a great resort that I will return to!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor of the Worthington side have varnished wood plank floors, giving these roo...
2 Thank pnyc1969