We chose this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. For the most part they were accurate. We stayed at The Winterset for 3 nights in a one bedroom apartment. We were happily surprised to have a full kitchen - did not expect that! The accommodations were very comfortable and spacious, the location good and the two pools very nice and kept in good order (we did only use the heated one). We did notice a couple of things that convinced us to post "average". The apartment we were given was kept extremely clean except for one thing we noticed after the second night; the floors never seemed to be cleaned. We had only tile floors, which was fine, but we all noticed our feet and/or socks were black after the second night. We then checked the socks from the first night and found the same thing; lots of dirt. Secondly, though we stayed in February and this was not an issue for us, there was no air conditioner in the bedroom. The only unit was located in the living room and I don't think that in the hot, humid Florida summer this would have helped in the bedroom. There was a ceiling fan that was great for us, but in the summer probably not enough. Finally, when we were packing to leave, we noticed that all our clothes (in the closet and drawers in the bedroom) were all damp. We have stayed in other hotels in Ft. Lauderdale and never had this happen. Everything had to be washed as soon as we returned home. Not sure if this is a ventilation issue, but again not comfortable.
Again, for the most part this was a good hotel; staff was excellent and made us feel very welcome. I actually hesitated writing this review as all others seemed very good, but finally decided that these were issues I would want to know about if I were the staff, and also if I were planning to stay, particularly in the summer months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O.K. - Everyone knows that Fort Lauderdale Beach is one of the best places in Florida for an unforgettable family beach getaway, but where's the very best place on our tropical barrier island and miles of golden beaches? North Beach Village is Fort Lauderdale's legendary borough, offering an ideal locale from which to explore but also unmatched boutique hotel value. With the Intracoastal Waterway and sandy beaches just a few minutes' walk away - it's easy to spark uncommon happiness and feel deeply reconnected and refreshed. And Winterset's spacious 36-rooms and three sparkling heated pools is perfect for soothing minds or mindless fun! Our updated rooms have state-of-the-art kitchens, flat screens and cozy furnishings. Rooms have a cool, Caribbean decor plus Wi-Fi, coffee and sunshine is included. We never charge resort fees. Ultimately, guests rave about Winterset and return because our above and beyond concierge-like services inspire recuperation and relaxation. Whether you dream away in our steamy hot-tub under twinkling stars, take your family on a water taxi ride to beachy restaurants or bedazzle with watersport adventures - everybody will love Winterset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Winterset Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Winterset Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Winterset Fort Lauderdale