“Clean place except for the Floors, they really should Mop the rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropi Rock Resort

Tropi Rock Resort
Ranked #89 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Staten Island, New York, United States
“Clean place except for the Floors, they really should Mop the rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

First let me start by saying this place far exceeded my expectations, very clean Pool, they give you beach chairs and umbrellas for the beach, and check in process was fast. However, Elevator was still Broken(I was not the 3rd Floor) they really need to fix that its been that way for months, They knew they're would be 4 people in my room but only gave us 2 towels for use in the pool When I was downstairs and Asked them for more towels at the pool they looked at me like I was crazy and told me to go get them from my room I informed them that with a Broken elevator its not a good idea to keep making your guest go up and down unnecessarily and I tried to get them to accommodate me. But I just kept getting a blank stare like I was speaking another language. Regardless they Claimed to not have any in the office, So I ran into one of the housekeepers halfway up to the third floor and she accommodated me with more towels so I did not have to go all the way up (kudos to them for thinking about the customer). the rooms were clean for the price we paid, but heed my warning wear slippers or shoes in your room if you have white socks they will be black by the time you leave and if you have bear feet, they will be filled with dirt. But other than that my stay was pleasant, I mean for the price you really cant expect much but if they fixed those Little issues I was talking about earlier this would be the PERFECT getaway before your cruise or after. the Van they reserved for us was 25 bucks for 2 people which was a good deal compared to other cabs in the area in my opinion. the gentlemen handled our bags and took us to the cruise port with no issues. Checkout was easy and this place was within walking distance form many shops and about a 15 minute walk to Fat Tuesdays which was nice!! if your not lazy do it its worth it walking by the beach is awesome. All in all If they keep the price the same I definitely would come back here. Just hoping those small issues get resolved.
oh yeah before I finish, the BEDS ARE AMAZING slept like a baby!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
North Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I did check into this hotel, but after finding out the elevator was not operating, I immediately checked out as I have a bad knee and I could not negotiate the flights of stairs to the third floor. I did see the room. It was typical Florida old style with no frills. The room was very clean and neat. It would be great for just sleeping but you really wouldn't be able to hang out there.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if the elevator is working or you will be schlepping your bags up several flights of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our flight was delayed due to winter storms in Chicago and so we arrived at dark and after the 8PM closing. The entrance was difficult to find, not typical of most hotels with a ground level lobby, but up a flight of stairs. A nearby restaurant telephoned the on-call person for us and we were checked in. The elevator was not working and we were required to haul our 70 lbs apiece up the 2 flights of stairs.
In all fairness, this is a budget hotel and you we got just what we paid for, nothing more and nothing less. The room was clean, not antiseptic clean, but clean. Absolutely no decor but functional. We ate at the restaurant adjacent to the hotel and it was quite nice with good service.
People seemed to relaxing and enjoying themselves and it is quite close to the beach, as we discovered during a short walk. The hotel staff were helpful and booked us the shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port and it was very reasonable. ($20-25 for the two of us).

Room Tip: Consider this a Motel 4.
2 Thank Redcoatregina

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

greenwood lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

About a block and a half away from the beach. Inexpensive (with taxes and everything we paid $79. a night) beginning April. Clean room nothing fancy,but charming, refrigerator and microwave, friendly people, lovely outside where we brought our cocktails and hors d'oerves and dined under Palm trees on their tables by the pool. Location was wonderful. Went to beach and across the street from beach was a little restaurant that had a wonderful happy hour....drinks were 50% off, and had a selection of appetizers. Small pool but lovely decor. Would definitely go back. Price was so wonderful for this clean little place with its great location. Charming for seniors on a fixed budget, or mature minded young people in love or just having fun. Definitely NOT A SPRING BREAK PLACE. Beach was away from center of Ft. Lauderdale where there was a lot of action and noise... Truthfully, I hope it stays a little secret amongst a chosen few... Only thing place needs is an ice machine, and soda vending machine for convenience...(so bring your own)

Room Tip: Our room was facing the pool on the first floor. Surrounded by palm trees overlooking pool. Close t...
2 Thank mokimomma
Corner Brook, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We recently stayed at this resort for 5 days and had a lovely relaxing vacation, after our cruise. Hotel staff for more than helpful, especially when it came to arranging shuttle service to the airport and from the cruise terminal in Miami. Swingline shuttle was very affordable and had very curtious drivers, who showed us many attractions along the route. I would recommend this service to anyone.
thank you Tropi Rock and Swingline!

Room Tip: Second floor had a great view from the veranda , looking out over the pool and deck.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wonderful!!!!! Just what we were looking for. Full kitchen, very clean, comfortable beds, BBQ corner, nice pool and garden. 178 with tax 4 2 nights. Good service. We surly and definitely recommend it, you won't regret.

• Stayed May 2013
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This property has a beautiful outdoor area with lots of trees, however the pool was very cloudy and dirty. While checking in, the clerk could not be bothered as she was chatting on the phone as she was when we checked out too. With that said, she did arrange a shuttle for us to the airport quickly which we appreciated. We were early & relaxed in the courtyard area which was fine. We were told about noon that it would be 45 min & our room would be ready, even though we had seen many people check out in from the time we arrived at 10am. It was 2 more hours before we had a room. We saw only one overworked maid. Then, after clerk knew we had 6 bags for two people, we were put on the 3rd floor with the elevator being broken! Are you kidding me? As far as the room, paper-thin walls, filthy floors, and shower, and the toilet would not flush all the way. The AC unit sounded like a jet landing in the room. The satellite dish was out the entire stay. Beds were comfortable. Location was excellent, two blocks from the beach.

• 1 of 5 bubbles