Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this location the night before and the night after our cruise. You should have a car to stay here as there is really nothing within walking distance or at least nothing I saw. The check in on our first stay was smooth and quick. The staff was friendly both at check in as well as the breakfast area. The room was very large, comfortable and clean as well as the bathroom. Cleanliness is very important to us and this hotel room and lobby were perfect in that regard. The room has a mini fridge and a microwave which is very convenient and something I enjoy even for a short stay to have a drink or snack in the room if needed. The breakfast was more than adequate to start your day with your regular holiday inn fare, including their pancake machine. The entrance to the hotel is a bit of a trick, which I know was address before by the hotel manager but a bigger sign indicating the entrance would be helpful. Speaking of the manager I must say she was more than helpful to me when I accidently booked my second night as a prepaid night instead of the AAA rate and if I needed to cancel she would have refunded my night without any questions which I greatly appreciated.

Now the second stay on the return from our cruise check in was not so smooth as the first night. We arrived early around 11:00 AM and the hotel was sold out the night before so there were no rooms available for us to check in early. I had no problem with that as I took a chance that there might be availablility early. However I asked the person at the desk to call me when a room was available so we could check in are be on our way instead of having to come back in the middle of the afternoon, she agreed. I returned at 2:30PM to check in without having received a call and got my room. I asked the front desk person from earlier that day if I was the first to check in (sarcastically). She answered me that only one other person had checked in prior to me. I really don't appreciate being lied to. There is no way the whole hotel had no rooms ready earlier and I was the second person to check in. I understand they are not obligated to give us a room until 3;00 which is check in time however if there are rooms available every hotel lets you check in. can you imagine what it would be like if everyone showed up at 3:00 PM to check in. This is my only criticism with this location and this would not prevent me from staying here in the future but it made me a little sour about the return experience.

Again do not hesitate to stay here, the price is right, the rooms are CLEAN, and the breakfast is better than standard continental and the location if you have a car is pretty good too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Hello Mr Paul Craig from Montreal,

Thank You for staying with us and the great review. Hope you had a GREAT cruise... I do want to apologize for the wait on your return trip. Dawn apologizes because she forgot to call you. She did get extremely busy and didn't get that opportunity. She had rooms about 1:45. We have soooo many Priority Club members that always check out late. (lots request a 2 Pm check out time)

So glad you loved our hotel and we always thank everyone that takes the time to give great information for other potential guests.

Thanks Again,
Hope to see you in the future when visiting the area...for a cruise or just to enjoy sunny Florida.

Sincerely, Jo Jean and Entire Staff

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here two nights in late October. Got a good non-refundable price even with Boat Show going on.
The location was great but one does need a car.
Very friendly service.
Adequate, non-charge breakfast and that's ALWAYS a plus.
Room was spacious, clean and had everything one could need.
Good vending machines in the lobby.
Very much recommended. Excellent for the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Sinppu from Finland,

Thank You for the great review. It is so helpful to our other guests, especially from someone who travels the world. We are all so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you have many choices out there ! Thanks Again !
Come back to see us ....

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed here for 2 nights for a short trip. I had booked the hotel because of its good reviews. We were not disappointed. Its a very nice,clean friendly hotel. Our room was very clean. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. We had a broken hairdryer and when I brought it downstairs,a new one was handed to me still in its box! The breakfast was a buffet-awesome. eggs,bacon,biscuits and gravy,pastries and assorted other items which one usually finds at hotel breakfasts. There is always coffee and tea and hot water available downstairs. There is a small sundries stores in case you forgot anything or get the munchies. We had a newspaper at the door in the morning. Property is located in a safe area. We asked for a room facing back-Commercial Dr. looks a little busy. Also if you are coming from the west you must watch and not miss turn-and from the other way you have to make a u-turn to get in. If u miss it just drive behind hotel thru industrial park and back to Commercial Dr. We very much enjoyed our stay and will be back. Close to I-95. Just a tip to management: I would have like to have seen fresh assorted fruit on the buffet. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: We took the top floor--facing back-very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoreenR544
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear DoreenR544 from Seminole, FL,
Thank You for your comments and information for other readers and of course, many thanks for the great review.!!
We take pride in our guest services. Glad you enjoyed!!
Thanks for the suggestion on the fresh fruit. IHG standards, only allow us to put out bananas on the Bar, but we do supply apples in the lobby area. If enough guests write and mention fruit, they may change that. We Thank You again. Hope to see you soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Customer Service at this hotel goes above and beyond! I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks and every day the employees were great! Hot cookies every day too! Rooms are very nice and clean. The hotel overall is well kept and beautiful.

Room Tip: Suites are huge!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Deb R
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Deb R from Tampa,
WOW...what else can we say?? Thank You, Thank You!! We enjoyed having you here with us. We appreciate all our guests comments. Hope to see you soon. Take Care.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure. If your coming to the Fort Lauderdale area it's not not far from anything, the beach, downtown and cruise lines. It is a nice clean hotel and very well kept and in a safe area. When we checked in we could smell fresh paint, all the walls were really in good shape. The room is clean, mattress's comfortable as well as the pillows. I was even given a couple of bottles of water (which no other Holiday Inn has done) It is right on Commercial Highway but I never heard any traffic. This is a good place to stay for the money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Racing Mom,
Thanks for the great review. Good information is so important to us and our guests. We try to welcome our Priorty Club members with a little snack to make sure they know we appreciate there loyalty. All our guests are very special to us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Come back to see us when in our area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here several nights with my family in September 2012. Rooms are very large and clean. Even though the hotel is next to a busy boulevard, you'll have no problems in finding sleep in the large an comfy beds. The hotel is in a suburban, safe area near to the highway. The outside pool area is very nice, well maintained an clean. Breakfast was also good including the "just press one button" pancake machine :o) Best of all are the very nice people working there. We felt always welcome. Especially the manager is a very kind and helpful person and not to forget "hearty grandma" serving breakfast, too. You can be assured that we will return if we're in the area. Special greetings from Carolin ;o)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sshsk

Hello sshsk from Germany,

Thank You for the wonderful review. We loved having you here with us and Carolin was a joy !!! Give her a big hug from us (Jo Jean and Grandma Dorothy). It is such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed everything.
Take Care & Safe Travels
Best Regards,
Jo Jean and entire Staff

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed there for One Night before our Cruise Departure from Fort Lauderdale. It wasn't that close to the Port, but really worth the few minutes to get there. We arrived late after a long flight, were welcomed and checked in fast and friendly, got some water for the night and enjoyed our stay. Clean and spacoius room, Comfy beds and free wifi. Great!
We ended our stay with an excellent free Breakfast. Great Selection, Presentation and Quality.
Was really impressed about the Quality for a really competitive price. (Booked early with advance purchase)

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank nichtsnutz
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Munich, Germany Guests,

It was our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. Hope you enjoyed your cruise. Thank You for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate all our guests and hope to see you on your next visit to the Ft lauderdale area.
Jo Jean and Staff